STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[VT]: Letter to Indonesia

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Indonesia4222021.jpg

Indonesia42221.jpg

KangNa

KangNa

Republic of Indonesia
Jun 27, 2019
Minister Alatas received and read the letter his Vietnamese counterpart shortly prior his attendance to a meeting. Recognising the importance in reaching out to Vietnam, the Minister would request that the Deputy Foreign Minister, Alwi Shihab, do so on his behalf as he was unable to due to his meeting.
On an encrypted and secure line, Deputy Foreign Minister Shihab would call the Vietnamese Foreign Minister.
"Good Afternoon, this is the Deputy Foreign Minister of Indonesia. Thank you for your letter. I'm afraid that the Foreign Minister is preoccupied at this moment and is unable to speak to you himself. I, however, can direct talks in his absence if this okay will you. Is this a suitable time to talk?"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Encrypted/Private/Classified

In the time since the letter was sent the Vietnamese Minister of Foreign affairs had been rendered busy. However, the call got kicked up the chain until it was transferred to one particular office. The voice that answered was not that of Nguyễn Mạnh Cầm, the Minister of Foreign Affairs but that of Prime Minister Nguyễn Thị Bình."It seems we are both speaing for someone else today then. This is Prime Minister Nguyễn Thị Bình. I have a copy of the letter you speak of on my desk. This is a very suitable time to talk. Shall we go in order of what is presented in the letter?"

KangNa

KangNa

Republic of Indonesia
Jun 27, 2019
" It is good to speak with you Prime Minister. Indeed, that seems best. In that case the first subject of discussion is the establishment of embassies and the exchange of diplomatic missions. Your letter offers the use of the building at 50 P. Ngo Quyen, Hang Bai, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi. We appreciate this very much and will assemble a delegation to occupy the embassy shortly. In return, I would like to offer your government the building compound at the address Jl. Teukum Umar No.25, Menteng, Jakarta Pusat, Jakarta, Indonesia. This compound has all the necessary facilities required for an embassy to function securely. If you're happy will this, shall we continue to the topic of trade?"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

"Yes, that location will work perfectly. If I am not mistaken that is where we have had an embassy in past administrations yes? A good familiar location shall work perfectly. After this phone call is over I will have a diplomatic embassy team dispatched to Indonesia to occupy the provided building. Now then, the topic of trade. Our top five exports are at this time Fuels, Textiles and Clothing, Animal, Vegetable, and Footwear. At this time we are building a trade fleet so we wont be able to export these goods until then." KangNa

KangNa

Republic of Indonesia
Jun 27, 2019
"That is correct, so I'm sure your foreign ministry is already aware of its suitability. Though I cannot promise that no changes were made to the property between when it was last used by your government and now.

As for trade, I can say that importing footwear and vegetables would be best for our economy. As for us, our primary exports are mineral fuels, animal/vegetable fats, oils & waxes, rubber & rubber articles, textiles & clothing and metals. Fortunately, we currently operate a merchant fleet with plenty of capacity for my government to take responsibility of shipping this trade." HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

"As you may know currently we are undergoing a massive modernization and development process to bring Vietnam into developed status. I believe that the imports that will help us the most in this would be mineral fuels, rubber & rubber articles, and metals. These can certainly help fuel our future projected growth. The contract winners will need plenty of material on hand in order complete those contracts.

Now, speaking of trade, I believe in the letter it was proposed that we discuss the reviving of ASEAN? Or at least the creation of an organization of a similar type. Now, I am of the belief that before we can really talk seriously about that, and while I appreciate the Foreign Ministers Enthusiasm, that we should build up relations between our two nations. However, I would like to know how Indonesia feels on this subject?"

KangNa

KangNa

Republic of Indonesia
Jun 27, 2019
"We can certainly accommodate that trade. Now all we need is to confirm the port you would like to receive the goods and the desired frequency of the shipments.

I agree with you on that point. There is much potential for a revival of ASEAN in the near future and though we a willing to explore that partnership, we do not believe that we currently possessed close enough relations with potential member states to agree to the establishment of ASEAN at this time. For my government to support ASEAN, our first must is to form closer relations with yourselves and Bangkok in order for us to evaluate whether such organisation is in our best interests." HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"Saigon Port will do fine. It is a sizeable port that is relatively close to Indonesia for trade as opposed to one of our more northern ports."

"My understanding is that we are currently in talks with Thailand at this time for the reinstate of ASEAN as well. But yes, you are correct. We must develop better relations with one another before we can commit to reestablishment of ASEAN. Though I believe through ASEAN we can jointly develop South East Asia as a whole to make our region more competitive with the rest of the developed world. But, aside from improving relations there is another issue. If we are to work together closely we will need more then the three of our nations. Laos, Cambodia, and Malaysia potentially stand in the way of such development and cooperation if we are to reform ASEAN. it would limit our cooperation to be via the sea and air."

KangNa

KangNa

Republic of Indonesia
Jun 27, 2019
"Perfect. Is a weekly exchange agreeable with you?

Absolutely, an economic union in the region will undoubtedly give us an edge against other international markets and will accelerate our nations growth. Whilst you do bring up a valid concern that will prove a disadvantage, if the reestablishment of ASEAN is dependant on an internationally active government in Laos, Cambodia and Malaysia, then we could be waiting decades until we see progress. In the meantime, I can only suggest enhancing current transport routes and cooperating to guarantee regional security. I do believe the issue of transport lies more with your government however, as given Indonesia's geography, all of our cooperation is limited to air and sea."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"Weekly works fine.

There might be other ways to bring other former ASEAN members back into the fold. But, those can be discussed at a later date. in the meantime I think you bring up a good point. We should develop air and sea infrastructure initially so as to work with what we have. If we go forward with this we will need to have our coast guards, navies, and airforce work together to ensure security in our mutual waters. I have heard reports of a new wave of modern piracy."

KangNa

• Wow
Reactions: Jay

KangNa

Republic of Indonesia
Jun 27, 2019
"Excellent. I'll have my office submit the paperwork and the trade shall be underway shortly.

I wouldn't describe it as a 'new wave' per se, more a continuation. Piracy saw little limits during the era of political absence in Indonesia and neighbouring states. With the rapid growth of international trade through the region, we can only expect the issue to worsen should it go unmonitored. But not an issue that can't be tackled. Our military has drastically increased its naval capabilities in recent months to maintain regional security, which is a course we will continue to take. I am certain that within the near future, our region's water shall be the safest on earth. "

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"I believe as stated before we should work together on this. However, what happens when the pirates if we chase them flee into contested waters? Or the waters of a former ASEAN member? I believe to combat them we should consider pursuing even into these situations. Also, what is your current stance on East Timor? It was annexed in the 70s, but I am unaware of it's current situation."

KangNa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren