STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: August

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 23/06/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[VT]: Phonecall To Poland

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Secured/Classified
Ambassador Đinh Xuân Lưu the Ambassador assigned to Poland from Vietnam would be sat in their office and place a secured call to the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs wishing to speak with the Polish Foreign Minister. He would have made sure his office was locked and private as they waited for a pickup. This was a part of the effort for Vietnam to diplomatically reach out to Europe and the west.

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Encrypted and Secured

"Thank you for calling the Royal Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This is an encrypted line, who am I speaking with and how may I direct your call?" The male voice on the line was deep and spoke with an air of authority. His job was to direct calls to the appropriate person but also to insure all calls were business related.

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

"This is Ambassador Đinh Xuân Lưu. Ambassador of Vietnam to Poland. I am looking to speak with the Minister of Foreign Affairs in regards to expanding relations between our nations."

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Secured and Encrypted

"I'm sorry Ambassador Đinh Xuân Lưu, unfortunately the Minister of Foreign Affairs is currently indisposed with another matter. If it pleases the Ambassador I can transfer you to someone in our East Asia Department. They will be more than qualified to answer any questions and will be able to pose any treaties, trade negotiations, or remarks to the Minister. Is this acceptable, sir?"

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Encrypted and Secured

“Hold one second, sir.” The dispatcher clicked a few keys before he began speaking again. “You will be transferred to Deputy Minister Yankovich. She will be able to assist you further. Please hold while I transfer you.” The line went quiet for a moment before peaceful music began playing through the speaker.

“Deputy Minister Yankovich’s Office. You are speaking to Deputy Ministrr Yankovich on an encrypted line. How may I help you, Ambassador?”

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

"Yes, hello Deputy Ministrr Yankovich. I would like to discuss the furthering of relations between our two nations. As you know not to long ago we reached out indirectly via the contract program we had, now we would like to build positive relations with Poland directly. I would like to work on the establishment of trade, and am prepared to negotiate on such as I had the Ministry of Industry and Trade prepare a file for this. I on behalf of the Department of Defense would like to negotiate acquiring a license to produce the kbs wz. 96A Beryl at our Z111 Factory so that we may adopt a NATO standard for small arms to be in compliance with many possible ASEAN members."

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Encrypted and Secured

"Very good, Ambassador. Let me pull up a list of available exports, give me just a moment." The Minister would click on the computer a few times before a list popped up on his monitor. "We currently have an availability of Natural Gas, Sulfur, Amber, Car Parts, and Copper. What is Vietnam interested in and what are the looking to trade Poland in return? As for the license to produce the 96A Beryl rifle, let me reach out to a colleague within the Ministry of Defense." The Deputy Minister quickly typed an encrypted email utilizing the in house electronic mail system before hitting send and returning to the Deputy Minister.

"The Kingdom of Poland fully understands wishing to be in compliance with ASEAN members. While Central and Eastern Europe does utilize both Soviet cartridges and western cartridges, Poland is a big proponent of allied forces using interchangeable ammunition and parts. It allows for better communication and teamwork when military systems are similar in design."

HeadlessSeeker

• Love
Reactions: Jay

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

"What we have to offer in trade is Fuels, Textiles and Clothing, Animal, Vegetable, and Footwear. I think we would want to import Sulfur, Amber, Car Parts, and Copper. Car parts to boost our hopes of a growing automotive industry in Vietnam. As it would take more then a week for goods to arrive between our countries when shipped via cargo ship I believe that a monthly shipping schedule would work best?"

"It is believed that Poland is in a unique position to supply us with the means to transition from one standard to another. This first step will allow us to work closely with our future allies without causing logistical problems."

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Secured and Encrypted

“We would be interested in trading Fuels, vegetables, textiles, and vegetables in exchange for our Sulfur, Amber, Car Parts, and Copper. Hopefully this trade will be beneficial for both parties in establishing and growing the automotive industry in Vietnam. To help Vietnam with this goal, we can reach out to a few manufacturers within Poland, on behalf of the Vietnamese Government, to see if they have any interest in building some factories in Vietnam. Only if you are interested, of course. Monthly shipments will work for us. We can utilize or Merchant Marine fleet to transport goods to ease the burden on your own growing fleet.”

“I have received word from my colleagues within the Ministry of Defense. With Vietnam’s recent telecommunication contract, they are willing to establish a domestic production license for fifty thousand rifles to be produced within Vietnam with a team of Polish engineers to insure specifications are met. Does this sound acceptable, Ambassador?”

HeadlessSeeker

• Love
Reactions: Jay

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

"An investment such as that would be most welcome to aid our hopes to grow our industry. We would need to give out the proper permits, and as you may know in Vietnam land ownership is not exactly a thing, however, one may obtain the right to use land. The difference is there, but not large enough to impede business. But yes, we can have the shipments go monthly between our two nations. We would like to receive said goods in Van Phong port. Where would you like us to send our goods?"

"This sounds acceptable to me, though will there be room to increase this number in the future? Would you be able to ask if the weapon is okay to use older pattern M855 cartriges? As that is what we currently produce for our copy of the CAR-15 here."

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Secured and Encrypted

"I will get one of my aides to get in contact with Tarpan and Jelcz, two companies that have established themselves as competent corporations, and see if we can get a joint meeting set up between us. As for the shipping, Gdasnk Port would be the best location to transport the goods. If it pleases the Vietnamese, we will be able to transport the return goods on our ships return back to Poland. It would reduce the cost to Vietnam's burgeoning budget."

"As for the Beryl rifle, they are typically utilized with either the M855 Penetrator round or the M995 Armor Piercing round. From what I understand during my time within the Land Forces is that it should fire as long as the cartridges are clear from outside debris and the propellant is kept in appropriate storage conditions. And yes. As our friendship grows, the domestic production license can be increased to allow more of these rifles produced by Vietnam."

"Is there anything else on Vietnam's present agenda you would like to discuss with me at this time?"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

"That would be most appreciated. Though we do not wish to lean to heavily on your ships, so if it does become too burdensome let us know. I believe it is safe to assume we can begin this trade after our meeting had concluded? I am glad that we have found a nation that looks to be a stable partner in development, trade, and diplomacy. I would like to make an offer to you and see what you think. As you may know a nation picked up a number of contracts from us, but what you may not know is that the same nation dropped said contracts."

"The dropped contracts being Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing Mechanization Contract, Industry Modernization & Upgrade Contract, Upgrade and Modernization of Rail Transport in Vietnam Contract, Nuclear Power Plant Contract, and Power Station Modernization and Replacement Contract. I would like to know if you can look out to see who might be willing to take up these contracts from your nation?"

"Well that is good. It sounds like we utilize similar ammunition. I am unfamiliar with such things, but I shall relay that to the military. Also, as you were in the military I have a question. Most of the rifles of that pattern I have seen have a wooden stock. What is the purpose of the folding stock your Beryl rifle uses?"

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Encrypted and Secured

“I’ll have the necessary paperwork faxed over for you and your teams to sign once our conversation is over.”

“I am sorry to hear that a nation was unable to fulfill the contracts they signed up for. We would be glad to assist Vietnam in any way should we be able to fulfill these contracts ourselves. Would you be able to expand upon the goals that Vietnam wishes to see come from these contracts? Such as the end result?”

“You are correct, Ambassador. Most Kalashnikov pattern rifles do utilize wood or solid polymer stocks. Our Beryls utilize skeletonized metal stocks to reduce weight and allow them to become more compact when in a vehicle or tight spaces of a building. It makes them a more versatile weapon. We also have a derivative of the Beryl called the Mini Beryl that is much more compact than the standard. Makes it an excrement weapon for aircraft crew members and vehicle crew members. Do you have anymore questions regarding the Fb Beryl or Mini Beryl?”

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

"Yes of course."

"When it comes to the Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing Mechanization Contract our primary concern is mechanizing these as much as possible so that we can have our workforce transition to other sectors. The less manpower out in the fields, the more people we can have in other sectors. This will not only do that but also increase output in Agriculture, Forestry, and Fishing. Obviously tractors and other machinery to automate Agriculture would be beneficial. I am no expert on specific types, but I am sure companies in factories in Poland would have ideas? As for forestry vehicles and equipment for forestry and logging would be useful. Modernized fishing vessels for fishing. The means to transport these goods from the place of harvest to where they are to be sold. This means vehicles instead of foot power or animal power. Then, possible infrastructure to support this. Making better roads from locations that are remote but specialize in these."

"Industry Modernization & Upgrade Contract... So there are 364 Industrial Parks in total within Vietnam in three Industrial Zones. Industrial Zone North, Industrial Zone Central, Industrial Zone South. We want to update, upgrade, and add to some of the 364 Industrial Parks in all three zones over a 5 year period.
The Industrial Parks in Question Are

North:
Song Khe - Noi Hoang Industrial Park, Luong Son Industrial Park, Mai Son Industrial Park, Luong Son Industrial Park, Song Cong Industrial Park, Phu Ninh Industrial Park, Long Binh An Industrial Park, Dong Pho Moi Industrial Park, Southeast Industrial Park, etc.

Central:
Bim Son Industrial Park - North Zone A, Lam Son Industrial Park, Cua Lo Industrial Park, Ha Vang Industrial Park, Gia Lach Industrial Park, North Dong Hoi Quang Binh Industrial Park, Quan Ngang Industrial Park, Tu Ha Industrial Park, Phong Thu Industrial Park, Hoa Cam 2 Industrial Park, Hoa Ninh Industrial Park, etc.

South:
Sonadezi Chau Duc Industrial Park, Hiep Phuoc Industrial Park, Tan Phu Trung Industrial Park, Dong Nam Industrial Park, Phuoc Dong Industrial Park, Tan Phu Dong Nai Industrial Park, Ong Keo Industrial Park, Bau Xeo Industrial Park, Loc An - Binh Son Industrial Park, Long Duc Industrial Park, Long Khanh Industrial Park, Giang Dien Industrial Park, etc.

Large State owned industries such as textiles, food, furniture, plastics and paper make up only 14% of the economy.
We wish to also invest into factories for a automotive industry.
One thing we want to branch into with this is high tech industries such as computers."

"With the Upgrade and Modernization of Rail Transport in Vietnam Contract... well...
There is a total of 2,600 kilometres (1,600 mi) of railway in Vietnam. There is 2,169 km (1,348 mi) of 1,000 mm gauge and 178 km (111 mi) of 1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) gauge. There are 39 total rail tunnels with a total length of 11,512 km (7,153 mi), 1,790 rail bridges, and 278 rail stations.
We want all tracks modernized and maintenance, all bridges either maintenanced, upgraded, or replaced, all tunnels inspected and maintenanced as well as possibly upgraded, and all rail stations updated with modern systems and possibly rebuilt.
We want a High Speed Rail system linking Hanoi to ho Chi Minh City.
We also want to have a modernized electrified rail system in place.
We also want trains for public transport and freight
Finally we want a proposal for a Metro system in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City."

"So for the Nuclear Power Plant Contract we want something like a copy of the old proposed Żarnowiec Nuclear Power Plant. Part of this would be scouting for a suitable location for the plant itself. Also included will need to be measures to store used nuclear fuel and anti natural disaster measures."

"Finally the Power Station Modernization and Replacement Contract. Basically we want to computerize and modernize current power stations as well as install new power stations throughout Vietnam. We want to specifically look at Wind, Hydroelectric, and Solar power stations."

"Now of course the idea is to achieve this in five year increments. We can have it be multistage with each stage taking five years."

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Secured and Encrypted

"These are some significant contracts being offered by the Vietnamese Government. I can easily see why this other nation was unable to fulfil the orders but I will reach out to a few contacts within the Ministry of Infrastructure and Economy to see if we are able to find any leads on companies willing to undertake these contracts. My office will act as a mediator between these companies and the Vietnamese government to insure that both parties are well represented in the contracts details. Does this suit you, Ambassador?"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

"Yes, that would suit me rather well. Any contracts Polish companies are unable to take up we can look for elsewhere, so no need to press the issue too hard. Our hope is that together with partners we will be able to develop Vietnam into a modern developed nation. There is one other matter I would like to inquire about on behalf of the army. Our main logistical vehicles are old Russian trucks that are very outdated. We are interested in the Star series of vehicles and the Star 266 in particular."

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Secured and Encrypted

"I will take that into consideration, Ambassador. That is our hope as well. A modern and developed Vietnam would be a power to be reckoned with in South-East Asia. And one we would call friend."

"As for military vehicles, and the 266 in particular, we are aware of the demand for replacement of older Soviet and Russian vehicles. The 266 is a Soviet-era off-road truck that is a decent vehicle for armies just starting their mobilization. While we don't currently utilize the Star 266, we are aware of its viability as a well performing military vehicle. We are willing to sell the 266 to countries who share similar ideologies to Poland, as with the Beryl rifle. How many trucks would you be interested in purchasing from us? On that topic as well, we will be doing a limited modernization of some of our Armored Personnel Carriers and will be phasing out some amphibious vehicles known as the OT-64 Skot. Would Vietnam be willing to purchase some of these once our modernization project is complete?"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

"Thank you, we are hopeful to become a leader nation in South East Asia, and we understand that this cannot be achieved without further development."

"We would be interested in purchasing around 10,000 of the 266 to more or less fully motorize our armed forces. What we need in total however is vehicles that can transport troops, transport heavy equipment such as tanks, transport fuel, and perform other logistical duties. So, ontop of the base 266 which we would use for troop transport and basic logistics we would need other trucks that can do what we need. The trucks have to be able to handle rough terrain and not be too unwieldy as Vietnam requires specific requirements."

"How does the OT-64 SKOT compare to the BTR-60PB? We would of course be interested in this as we are expanding our mechanized and amphibious capabilities. I assume it is an amphibious vehicle? Speaking of which, that reminds me that we are interested in purchasing a number of Polnocny class vessels."

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
"That is a good goal to have and Poland will be happy to help Vietnam achieve it. As long as you also choose to help the people of this world and not just cause grief and destruction."

"10,000 of the 266 trucks would cost around one billion and five hundred million but we can issue a Production License for these vehicles to you for an even one billion. The second truck you mentioned would not describe anything we can sell to you, currently. We would be interested in working with Vietnam in order to develop something in the future, if that is something that would interest you. You might wish to reach out to the South Korean Defense Industry to see if they have anything for sell."

"As for the OT-64 SKOT and the BTR-60, we would be a little biased in saying that the OT-64 was designed as the answer to the problem of the BTR. It has a diesel engine which increases range and reduces chances of fires during combat. And yes, it is an amphibious vehicle. We no longer produce the Polnocny class vessel, having transitioned to the newer Lublin-class Minelayer-landing ship. I will consult with someone within the Ministry of Defense about selling a few of the Polnocny to you, if you have your heart set on the Polnocny-class."

HeadlessSeeker

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tokugawa