STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Well Hello There

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
Heyo. My name is Vaka. I have been looking for a good Geopolitical RP for awhile now and last night I stumbled upon MN. You guys seem to have an amazing thing going here. I was reading threads well into the night. Now I want to get stuck in too. I'm reading the getting started guide and also trying to come up with some good nation suggestions. I would like to be in Europe. Would you recommend starting with a smaller nation or a larger powerhouse?

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Hello, it is completely up to you on what you decide, I think Austria, Germany, Greece, or one of the Slavic countries would be cool.

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
For Europe I'd say: Germany, Romania, Serbia, Italy and Turkey would be the most interesting.

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Welcome! I second the Turkey idea. It would be cool to have another neighbor on the Black Sea. One of the micro-nations might be interesting though, like Luxembourg or Lichtenstein.

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
A few years ago I played Turkey on another forum. It was great fun. I do think it would interesting to do Germany post-reunification.

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
Sounds like fun. Quick question. Where do you guys acquire most of your information? I've been using Wikipedia but trying to find information specific to 1997 is somewhat lacking in scope.

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
If it comes to military equipment I use Wikipedia, Military Today and Global Security.

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
The trick a lot of people around here uses is to change the language on the wiki page then copy-paste that into google translate, sometimes it gives you different/more information. Some countries just have less info on their military though, unfortunately. You could talk to Bruno/Fairhold, I think he was Germany for a while and might have some tips. I also suggest switching your search engine, google might not have the same results as bing or yahoo.

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
Excellent advice all. Though looking through the militaries listed here on the forums I'm not going to need an exact count of every piece of equipment Germany owned in 1997. If I'm reading this right, your given an amount of money and personnel then build a military from equipment they might have had access to. Am I leaning in the right direction here?

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
So you do need the exact equipment that Germany has irl, however yes you will start with a certain amount of money and 15,000 troops to place how you see fit.

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
Ah, I see. These 15,00 troops are in addition to the current 1997 historical compliment. Now just to find those exact 1997 equipment numbers.

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
So you don't get the actual numbers from 1997. You only get 15,000 to start. You will have to RP training more troops and have to purchase/make all equipment from scratch.

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
So you start with no equipment and 15,000 personnel. That makes this so much simpler. Sorry for all the questions you all have been a great help.

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
No, ask as much as you want. That is how I learned. I'm pretty sure I annoyed the Admins and Mods so much with my questions, however I learned because of it.

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Welcome to Modern Nations Vaka

As Drivindeath said, ask all the questions you want! We're all here and happy to help.

We've set Germany up for you so the next step would be to continue down the Getting Started Guide
If you want (No pressure!), I'd also recommend joining our Discord Sever as we tend to post the latest announcements there first but it's also a quicker platform to ask questions and get to spend time with the rest of the community. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien