STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Zaire] Message to Belgium

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

From the Zairian Minister of Foreign Affairs:
Laurent-Désiré Kabila
To the Belgian Minister of Foreign Affairs: Kristopher Reensma

Greetings, It is is with eagerness that I send this message to your government, and with pleasure that I announce the return of stability within Zaire, and our governments activity once again on the international level. To start this off, we figured it was only natural for us to first reach out to you, our nations have a long, troubled, and complicated history, but more recently, our governments have sought to work together for the betterment of both our people. The Belgian government's support in the 70s was vital for the continued existence of Zaire, and we hope to continue to work with your government to promote stability within the region of the Congo.

This of course will not be without its challenges, decades of brutalization has built mistrust from our side, and we must be careful to see that this relationship is one of aid and benefit, not one of exploitation, I am of course confident, that our two governments will be capable of negotiations that are fruitful and in good faith. Zaire is not without its internal issues, and our government is keenly aware of these issues, and seeks to address them as quickly as can be done in a responsible manner. The first major issue we face is a clean water crisis, while the ideal solution to the clean water crisis facing our nation is the long term upgrade of water infrastructure systems within Zaire, this solution will take many months, if not years, as we must improve first our transit infrastructure, as well as train the personnel needed to create such water infrastructure upgrades. The people of Zaire simply put cannot wait this long for the water crisis to be solved. It is estimated that 40 million of our citizens are without clean water access within a days journey.

We propose a bilateral solution to this issue, we would like to sign a contract with a Belgian bottled water distributor, to secure the sale of 1,000,000,000 Gallons of clean bottled water, to be delivered to Kinshasa, from there our authorities will take control of it and distribute it to aid stations throughout the nation that can rapidly get it into the hands of the people who need it urgently. This deal will go a long way in repairing the short term issues created by the clean water crisis within Zaire, and it will also be a strong renewing link of friendship between our two people

Flying Damascas

Flying Damascas

Kingdom of Belgium
Dec 14, 2019
Private/Encrypted

To Laurent-Désiré Kabila, Foreign Minister of Zaire
From Kristopher Reensma, Foreign Minister of Belgium

Greetings, I received your message late last night. Forgive me if you will for the momentary lapse in communication. I'd like to congradulate your country's government on having secured the reins of power and with it the rule of law.

We in Belgium, myself included have expressed with great sincerity our willingness to work with our Congolese counterparts in improving living standards and providing the foundations not only for sound government but also economic prosperity. A few months ago, my administration disclosed and declassified documents containing sensitive information on the nature of colonial abuse, neglect, and inhumanity. Make no secret about it this is an unwanted scar upon the promise of a better future and harmonious relations.

My government is willing to secure a shipment of bottled water and foodstuffs by way of the private sector to Kinshasa within roughly week or two from the time of this message being sent.

JJSmithJr

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

Laurent-Désiré Kabila

I appreciate your reply, and your congratulations, and I pay no mind to the lapse in time, as your response was quite timely indeed.

We are most grateful of your governments acknowledgement of the atrocities that were carried out in your name within the Congo, and we believe that this will go a long way in securing the future strong relations between our two peoples. We believe that it would be most appropriate for a meeting to be carried out between our Ambassador to Belgium in Brussels and a member of your government to discuss the details of the shipment of water and foodstuffs, as well as the details of its security and distribution after it has arrived in Kinshasa.

Zaire does not currently possess any sea going cargo vessels of our own, and as such we would be reliant on your nation to handle all transport of the goods over the ocean routes at the current moment, until our own merchant fleet can be assembled.

Our Ambassador in Brussels is available for a meeting at your earliest convenience, please let me know, and I will dispatch him to your Foreign Ministry.

Flying Damascas

Flying Damascas

Kingdom of Belgium
Dec 14, 2019
Private and Secure

To: Laurent-Désiré Kabila

Subject: Water Crisis & Establishing Diplomatic Relations

CC: Albert II, King of The Belgians

I have a duty to my country and its people, with the understanding that the past was an exploitative and abusive one packed to the brim with racism and economic privilege at the detriment of our nation's reputation and your nation's life and liberty.

This cannot be ignored if we seek to lay the foundations for brotherhood and unity which also begins with solidarity.

I am prepared to meet you alongside my minister for African affairs in Brussels to further elaborate upon the process of shipping food and water to Congo and to ensure that the generosity of the Belgian people does not fall into the hands of unwarranted third parties with agendas of their own.

Seeing as Congo has no merchant fleet, we are prepared to assume responsibility for the transportation of food and water to the nearest port and are willing to sell one of our 14,000 TEU's for $3,000 to jumpstart progress towards a merchant fleet.

Sincerely,
Kristopher Reensma

JJSmithJr

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

Laurent-Désiré Kabila

We are proud to stand with your government to repair the past and build a bright future for our people not only here in Africa, but also in Belgium where understanding will surely lead to healing and prosperity.

I will dispatch our Ambassador immediately to your foreign ministry for the meeting, I am certain that the results will be most fruitful and a good solid plan for development and aid will be established and thusly carried out.

As for the purchase of the TEU, we would be most thrilled to carry out this transfer, and if it is agreed we will dispatch the funds immediately.

---------------------------------------------

Zaire Ambassador to Belgiuim, Nseke Florent-Gusime would leave his office with his briefcase and instructions and hail a taxi for the short ride to the Foreign Ministry once there he would give his credentials to the guards and front desk and state that he was there for the purpose of a meeting with the Foreign Minister and Minister for African Affairs

Flying Damascas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa