STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Zaire] Message to Portugal

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

From the Zairian Minister of Foreign Affairs:
Laurent-Désiré Kabila
To the Portuguese Minister of Foreign Affairs: Dona Sandra Saturnino Henriques

Greetings, it is with great hope for future relations that I write this message, Portugal is a nation which can offer much to Zaire as we strive to move towards a century of prosperity and peace. Following the 2nd Congo War my nation is in need of much recovery and much aid. The first step for myself is to reach out to foreign nations for to open relations and bring trade and commerce to Zaire. Portugal we believe will be a vital partner in this regard.

We are very interested in importing Portuguese vehicles, computers, and plastic products, all of which will greatly enhance the quality of life here in Zaire. We are also in desperate need of a commercial vessel fleet. Portugal we are aware produces several commercial shipping vessels. We would be most interested in acquiring several vessels if you are interested in selling them.

Strix

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019

Ministério dos Negócios Estrangeiros

Dona Sandra Saturnino Henriques

Monarquia Parlamentar de Portugal

ENCRYPTED
To: the Zairian Minister of Foreign Affairs

CC:
Subject: RE: Zareian Diplomacy

Good Day!

We are more than willing to provide you with aid in order to secure the safety of your people and their future. There are a number of companies that produce the products you want and of which Portugal prides itself upon. These companies are also willing to open their borders to the general populace of Zaire. To formally open such trade routes, we would need something in return, and the allocated interval for such transactions. We would like to have something in return, however, does Zaire have anything to offer on the table? As soon as an agreement can be met, we would contact our representatives to start shipping immediately.

Portugal indeed wishes to broaden her relationship with other countries, and we wish to help those in need as well. Zaire would be welcome to purchase any class of merchant vessels we have for display at our leasing page. Simply refer to the prices there and send us how many you want, and the type of vessels you want, here. Once the funds have been transferred we will start production as soon as possible.

Signed,

S. Henriques
Minister of Foreign Affairs

JJSmithJr

Last edited:

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

Laurent-Désiré Kabila

We are very happy and grateful to hear of your governments willingness to cooperate with ours in securing a brighter future for Zaire. Our nation, while not known as a major exporter can indeed provide great export wealth if the opportunity is right. We are very cautious with our export industries, as in the past over exploitation of our mineral wealth has exceeded the capacity of our security forces and resulted in the rise of mineral based war lords and great instability. We simply cannot allow for this to happen again. Currently we offer:

1. Cobalt
2. Tantalum
3. Diamonds
4. Gold
5. Uranium

However, should you choose to export minerals from Zaire, we will require a small peacekeeping force from Portugal to aid in the security of the mines, transportation networks, and storehouses of the minerals. This is vital to ensure that warlords do not rise off the wealth created by these industries.

As for the purchase of cargo vessels, Zaire would be interested in the purchase of x15 Marylena-Class Cargo ships, as soon as you confirm a final price we will transfer the funds.

Strix

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019

Ministério dos Negócios Estrangeiros
Dona Sandra Saturnino Henriques

Monarquia Parlamentar de Portugal

ENCRYPTED
To: the Zairian Minister of Foreign Affairs
CC:
Subject: RE:Zairan Diplomacy

In the subject of a possible peacekeeping force, I'm afraid that Portugal cannot provide you with one at this time. However, perhaps I can provide you with contacts of our defense suppliers if that could be offered instead? The memories of the Guerra do Ultramar or the Overseas War is still rather fresh in our memory and the majority of the population is still hesitant to send our boys overseas. I have heard the Ministry of National Defense talking about creating an Expeditionary Brigade in the future, although that has to be approved and ratified by the Royal Assembly.

We can, however, send roughly 5 men from our Intelligence Agency, paired with 20 officers from the Royal Dragoons to help your local armed forces in training. These men are highly regarded here in Portugal, and I trust that you will take good care of them. Nonetheless, 25 men and perhaps Military Equipment is all we could offer instead of an actual peacekeeping force.

We'd like a shipment of Gold and Tantalum, in return you a choice between Vehicles, Electrical Machinery and Equipment, Mineral Fuel, Computers, and Plastics. you may choose between 3 of these in return. Once confirmed, we'll start to contact these companies and begin efforts in establishing a trade route.

With regard to the ships, we can arrange that. Although I would warn you that this would take time. In total, the ships would be $301,250,000. Once funds are received, our local shipyards would begin tending to it immediately.

Signed,

S. Henriques
Minister of Foreign Affairs

JJSmithJr

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

Laurent-Désiré Kabila

While we can ensure you that the situation here will not devolve into another Bush War, and your government has little to fear in the way of making headlines back home in a negative way, our own government can appreciate and understand your views on none intervention here in Africa as a general rule.

We would be happy to welcome your intelligence officers and men from your Dragoon Regiment, we believe that their knowledge will be indispensable in the formation and reorganization of our security force.

As for the issue of trade, we would be willing to trade Gold and Tantalum, in exchange for Vehicles, Computers, and Mineral Fuels.

I will authorize the transfer of funds for the commercial vessels immediately.

Strix