STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Èire] Message to Byzantium

Dragon

32 County Republic of Ireland
Sep 1, 2018
Encrypted and Encoded

From Gerald Monahan, Foreign Minister of Èire
To Evangelia Cali, Foreign Minister of Byzantium

Greetings, Your Excellency, on behalf of the government of The Republic of Ireland (Èire) it is my pleasure to be the first in a long line of nations to establish bilateral diplomatic relations with the Empire of Byzantium since said realms collapse under the weight of Ottoman expansion in 1453. A lot has changed since then and I think that the interests of our two nations would best be served via an exchange of ambassadors and a pact to counter the influence of the great powers that tower over our nations.

Sincerely,
Gerald Monahan

@RedAmber

RedAmber

Newcomer
May 9, 2019
240px-Byzantine_imperial_flag%2C_14th_century%2C_square.svg.png

BYZANTINE EMPIRE
A Private Message From Evangelia Cali, Magistrate of Foreign Relations of The Byzantine Empire
To Gerald Monahan, Foreign Minister of The Republic of Ireland

Foreign Minister Monahan,

The Byzantine Empire sends its warmest regards to you and the people of Ireland. I agree that it would be the best for your country and ours to exchange ambassadors and have further communications. Your message comes shortly after the coronation of our Empress, which has been cause for great celebration here. You are actually the first foreign representative to contact my office. Byzantium has seen an immense amount of change in the past month, which is why Athens and other major cities have been and are in a state of martial law. Today, the Chief Magistrate announced that this state of martial law will be lifted in three days from now. After that, international travel for diplomats will be restored, and I will welcome an ambassador and his or her diplomatic staff from Ireland. Our cities and country is safe, and we are ready for interaction with the outside world.

What's interesting is that Ireland was one of the first nations that I chose a potential ambassador for. Ms. Ioanna Tata is 25 years old, the same as I, but it very educated, professional, and dedicated to communicating with other countries such as Ireland. Her great-grandfather, in fact, was from Ireland. I will be dispatching her to Dublin tomorrow morning to begin our diplomatic exchange. I hope that you are able to accept her as Byzantium's ambassador to Ireland.

Normally, we would require more advanced steps to obtain an exchange of ambassadors, but Ireland's status as a neutral nation puts it in a unique position. I look forward to meeting the ambassador that your government sends to Ireland.

Sincerely,
Evangelia Cali

Ms. Ioanna Tata took a flight from Athens to Dublin the morning after Evangelia replied to the Irish Foreign Minister. She travelled with the most key members of her team to the Republic of Ireland, and was eager to establish an embassy in Dublin.

Last edited:

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
Encrypted and Encoded

Foreign Minister Cali,

First things first my government would like to congratulate your head of state on having ascended the throne of Byzantium on such monumental occassion unseen since 1453. Now, with regards to the previously mentioned exchange of ambassadors & diplomatic personnel my government would be more than happy to receive Ms.Ionna Tata as Byzantium's ambassador to Èire in order to present her credentials. The Byzantine Embassy shall be located on 1st Pembroke Street in upper Dublin. On another note, my government would like to make an inquiry regarding Byzantium's stance on the partition of Ireland and the status of Northern Ireland.

Best Wishes and Regards Sincerely,
Gerald Monahan, Foreign Minister of Èire

@RedAmber

RedAmber

Newcomer
May 9, 2019
240px-Byzantine_imperial_flag%2C_14th_century%2C_square.svg.png

BYZANTINE EMPIRE
A Private Message From Evangelia Cali, Magistrate of Foreign Relations of The Byzantine Empire
To Gerald Monahan, Foreign Minister of The Republic of Ireland

Foreign Minister Monahan,

Thank you for clarifying this information. I've been informed that Ambassador Ioanna Tata has arrived in Dublin and will be taking up residence in the new embassy you have provided us. She is entirely up to date on the regional politics of Britain, Ireland, and other surrounding countries. I've been told that she is excited to meet you, and is prepared to explain the Byzantine Empire's position on Northern Ireland. I wish you the best.

Sincerely,
Evangelia Cali

Ioanna arrived with her team to Dublin, and took residence at the new embassy at 1st Pembroke Street in Upper Dublin. She requested a meeting with Foreign Minister Monahan at his earliest convenience.

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
Encrypted and Encoded

Foreign Minister Cali,

I'm looking forward to meeting your ambassador to my country and shall see to it that she receives the very best of Irish hospitality. A carpet and honour guard shall be dispatched prior to her arrival. I'm curious as to what Ms.Tata has to say on the matter of tensions between my Republic and The United Kingdom with regards to the occupied Six Counties in the northeastern part of the Isle.

Sincerely,
Gerald Monahan

@RedAmber

RedAmber

Newcomer
May 9, 2019
After getting settled in the new embassy in Dublin, the 25 year-old Ioanna Tata organized a meeting with the Irish Foreign Minister at a location of his choice. Once this place was decided, she headed their with a few members of her security and administrative staff. She was of average height, had bouncy brown hair, blue eyes, and a radiant smile that probably made her popular at parties. She was wearing a green dress that was modest enough, but wasn't warm enough for Ireland in December. A small, purple orthodox cross (about three inches tall) was embroidered on her dress over her left breast. Around her left arm was a red armband with the symbol of the Golden Sun Party. She patiently waited at the meeting place for the Irish Foreign Minister to make himself present.

@Dragon

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
A 39 year gentleman with wavy red hair and green eyes, Èire's foreign minister Gerald Monahan was joined by his security detail and a few advisors of notoriety derived from the foreign office. The location was St Stephen's Green and its was fairly cold out that December afternoon.

"Greetings Mr. Tata, your excellency. Welcome to Ireland its a real pleasure to meer you." He said politely in a rich brogue.

@RedAmber

RedAmber

Newcomer
May 9, 2019
Ioanna had her arms crossed over her chest in attempt a futile attempt to stay warm as she shivered in the park. A sleeveless dress turned out to be a objectively bad decision. She would have changed, but her entire wardrobe was stuck in the back of their chartered aircraft which was still being unloaded. When she saw the Minister she put her arms down and tried to stop shivering.

“Hello Minister, it’s wonderful to meet you,” she said. She gave a short bow to Gerald.

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
He smiled lightly and could see her shivering in the cold Irish winter something she wasn't use to. "You look as though you are about to freeze yourself to death, here take my jacket you need it more than I do. Might I inquire into your flight to Ireland?" He asked her clearly interested in how she was feeling at the moment. While he waited for her to respond he pulled out a cigarette and a small book of matches.

@RedAmber

RedAmber

Newcomer
May 9, 2019
“Oh thank you so much. I’m really embarrassed. I’ve been to Ireland a dozen times, but it was always in the summer. It doesn’t get this cold in Byzantium,” she said, accepting the offer for his jacket. Wearing it made her much more comfortable.

“Our flight went well. It’s always a joy to come to Ireland,” she genuinely said.

“Our embassy is quite beautiful as well. Thank you for such a nice location... How are you doing? I’m sure your job is a bit stressful at the moment,” she said as she walked closely to him.

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
"Your welcome, though in this weather I'd recommend a few extra layers of clothing to guard against exposure to the elements especially in Ireland. " he said cheerfully. "I glad you enjoyed your flight, what carrier did you fly by chance?" He asked politely. "I glad you like the new embassy, it is my hope that it remains open for all of time as a testament to the friendship and solidarity of our two great nations. Now with regards to my being, I'm alright...I guess...though the workload is a bit much and the foreign office has had to endure criticism for its decision on behalf of the Republic especially after the recent closure of embassies with Britain and now a continuation of a territorial dispute over Northern Ireland." He said taking a dreg from his cigarette.

@RedAmber

RedAmber

Newcomer
May 9, 2019
“The Foreign Ministry rented an aircraft for us, actually. I’m pretty up to date on the situation with Northern Ireland, but I’d like to here your side of the story,” she said. She stopped walking as close because of the smoke, but was still close enough.

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
"Not bad. Now with regards to Northern Ireland, my country has attempted to bring about the peaceful reunification of the occupied six counties with the twenty-six that currently make up our Republic, the Brits in the infinite wisdom have ignored our pleas to rectify the partition of the island and have assumed rightfully or wrongfully that the people of Northern Ireland are content with the status quo as loyal subjects of Her Majesty's Government...after having exhausted all options we decided to withdraw our diplomats from British soil and closing our embassy in London. This move was met with concern at best and alienation at worst." He said quietly while finishing his cigarette prior to putting it out. "As far as I'm concerned, Ireland needs a few countries willing to befriend her and the cause of her national unity."

@RedAmber

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien