STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[天朝] Message to Australia

Centurius

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2018
Encrypted and Classified
From: Zhong Jian, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Celestial Empire
To: Penny Wong, Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Commonwealth of Australia

Subj: Diplomatic relations

Minister Wong,

Historically relations between Australia and our predecessor state have been tense, to put it mildly. It is the hope of the Heavenly government that we may be able to mend historical differences for the sake of the greater prosperity of the Pacific region. It is of course my hope that the Australian government might share this desire. To make such possible, I would like to propose a meeting between ourselves so we may gain an idea of the potential for relations between the Celestial Empire and the Commonwealth of Australia.

Sincerely,
Zhong Jian

@Owen

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Dear Mr. Jian,

It would be my pleasure to host you and have a meeting between ourselves. We see our relationship with China as one of uptmost importance and we wish for it to continue strong and prosperous.

Sincerely,
Penny Wong,
Minister for Foreign Affairs."

Centurius

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2018
As soon as the confirmation came in Minister Zhong would board a government C919 headed for Australia, with him would be a minimal unarmed security detail in compliance with Australian laws and several civil servants from various relevant departments such as trade. Upon approach of Australian airspace the plane would identify itself as a diplomatic aircraft belonging to the Celestial Empire and request landing instructions.

@Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
The plane would be transferred to control of Brisbane Centre upon entering Australian airspace, it would be transferred to Melbourne Centre upon entering the Southeastern part. On approach to Canberra it would be transferred to Canberra Tower where it would be given permission to land and park in a vacant spot. The stairwell would be attached and the Foreign Minister would be waiting on the tarmac. She would greet the Minister before heading into a COMCAR motorcade which would take them to Parliament House for meetings.

Centurius

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2018
With clear instructions provided the plane would land, the Minister of Foreign Affairs was the first to step out. Followed by the rest of his delegation. He would greet the Foreign Minister and follow her instructions. On the way to Parliament House he made sure to enjoy the sights. Western design and architecture had always fascinated him, as such this was quite a delight.

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
They would head to a meeting room inside Parliament House, the Minister would give the Minister a tour around the place. Upon entering he would see the grand marble flooring and staircase in the main foyer. They would go through the main centre of Parliament where there would be portraits of all the Prime Ministers, Speakers of the House and Presidents of the Senate along with a couple of portraits of the Queen. Upon entering the Southern part of Parliament, which was the Government's area, they would enter the meeting room. Portraits from the National Gallery would be in there.

"Please take a seat." Everyone would begin taking their seats.

"I would like to start off by giving a welcome to country and we pay our respects to the Ngunnawal people and their elders past and present and that this is their land we meet on today and that it was never ceded.

Minister Jian, It is a pleasure to have you here in Canberra and we're very happy to have you here."

Centurius

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2018
Jian as well as the civil servants would take a seat at the table, the security detail would remain outside the building.

"Thank you, Madam Minister. The honour and pleasure is all mine, on behalf of the Empress I wish to tell you that the Celestial Empire looks forward to great relations with Australia and hopes that after today we may be a vital step closer to becoming friends"

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Yes we hope so as well. Now shall we begin? We obviously have our concerns about what is happening in the South China Sea right now. Could you please elaboate further your position?"

Centurius

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2018
Jian nodded at the question. "Of course, Madam Minister. Though I can't really add a lot to what has already been stated by our ambassador to the Global Assembly. The South China Sea is one of the most important trade routes of our country and we see ourselves as responsible for protecting it so that trade may pass unharmed. As we currently lack the assets in our regular Coast Guard, elements of the South Sea Fleet have been loaned to the Coast Guard for policing"

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Why is it your responsibility to protect it? I think it should be everyone in the region's responsibility to protect it. As we speak we're deploying HMAS Toowoomba to that region to protect trade from this ever-impending conflict."

Centurius

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2018
"It is not just our responsibility, and we definitely agree that at the very least all the coastal powers bordering the South China Sea should contribute. This is also why we have no issue with the Philippines for example operating vessels indistinguishable from navy vessels and would welcome Vietnam to patrol the region as well. Australia of course is also welcome and will not find any vessel belonging to the Celestial Empire to intervene. The current debacle in the Global Assembly seems to stem from one power believing the Celestial Empire has no right to be in the South China Sea rather than the Celestial Empire denying anyone else access." Jian clarified the situation.

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Well yes, that's why we tend to refrain from the GA, it seems to be one debacle after another. But we do agree with you there that it is everyone's responsibility and we're not sure why the Philippines is being so worked up over this."

Centurius

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2018
"Sadly it would appear so, especially the inaction regarding conflicts such as Canada and now in the Near East is giving is causing some significant doubts within the Celestial Empire as well on the viability of the Global Assembly. As for the Philippines, if the Global Assembly meeting has made one thing clear it is that politics are being played on a whole new level. I do believe their sudden resistance is primarily motivated by a desire to gain political capital once they present their claim on the South China Sea to the Global Assembly." Jian said before pausing. "I do however believe there are more pleasant things we can discuss. Australia is a major player in the Pacific and we have a mutual friend in Singapore. It is the desire of the Celestial Empire to see us become friends as well. In recent history it does seem trade is a great way for friendships to develop and I believe we both have much that we can offer each other" He added with a smile.

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Hmm yes, the Global Assembly certainly is... biased towards one side of the geopolitical spectrum. As for trade, that is something we are willing to accomodate and we are willing to move onto negotiations regarding a China-Australia Free Trade Agreement as that has always been of interest to us to establish. We've established our first FTA with Singapore and we are finalising negotiations for one with the UK. We have plentiful amounts of Iron Ore and Natural Gas to help the booming Chinese economy and feed its growth."

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II