STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

1998 Winter Olympics

Axis12

People’s Republic of China
Feb 11, 2021
Hello all, I want to make a recommendation for a new event regarding the upcoming Olympics. Originally the Olympics were to be held in Japan by Owen but he has since transferred and left. I would personally still like to see a Olympics event go on but possibly not in Japan. This is why I would Like there to possibly be an international bid for the location of the Olympics. Nations that host the Olympics will have to spend a considerable amount after the bid on infrastructure for the event but it could lead to a major economic boom in the host nation. The events could work like the IRC and the initial structure that Owen set up was actually in my opinion very good and it could be possibly copied for the games(though the host could change the structure as they see fit). I would(Turkey of Course) be the first to bid and I’m sure others would join as well and the bid could be hosted by Jamie or Hollie but if they cannot I would host the bid and of course put in my own bid though all would be fair and every nation would have their own chance. For the Bid there would be a select city that the nation would like to Introduce though a separate city in the same nation can be introduced in another bid. For example Turkey Bids $300 Million on the games and Istanbul is the target location but South Korea also bids for $400 million with Let’s say Busan as the target. I still wanting the city to be Istanbul would bid for an extra 50 million bringing the bid to 450 and this would continue until there is a winner or a certain time slot has ended and a highest bidder is clear. After this the host constructs the needed infrastructure like stadiums and upgraded public transportation for the games. Then in Around January(Maybe December) or February the games begin. Each sport goes after each other with a total of 14 different sports being held. Athletes can be trained to increase performance “points” with the exact price of training varying for different sports and the cash going to the host which will determine a reasonable cost. Monetary prizes will be given out to the winners and determined by random AI that takes into account different training amounts. Certain nations will have a slight point advantage if in the last Winter Olympics(IRL 1994) they had a medal athlete in that event. I am Welcome to further suggestions and can moderate somewhat the bid(other aspects too) if Jamie Or Hollie are unwilling to participate in that. All nations are accepted no matter the status with the host nation and cannot be denied. Thanks!

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hello Axis12

I appreciate the idea of a process for organizing international competitions. The Olympics is a major event, and it is something I would love to see. Though, for geopolitical/historical reasons I abstained from participating in Owen's olympics, it was nonetheless a great idea I wish, (amongst many Owen has) seen flourished and finished. Nonetheless, I am glad you brought it up. While we missed the 1998 Olympics (next to be held in 2000) I don't think we'd be committing a cardinal sin for hosting a 1999 Olympics or even a Winter Olympics.

While an organization for International Sports would be a great idea, I think this is something that can done through in-rp diplomacy or perhaps behind the scenes with admins to have a flourished idea that can be pulled together. I would say it is perhaps better for, if a country (e.g. Brazil, China, Korea, America etc...) who already have infrastructure for Olympics or other sporting events like the World Cup would not necessarily have to build infrastructure. The caveat being for RP sake they should be role-playing investing on renovating facilities and associated articles. (Which would be the same for everyone regardless)

If you have the enthusiasm, I would suggest you take the initiative and host the first Modern Nations Olympiad. The system Naio uses is by far in my opinion the more successful and enjoyable way. While we can not bother him and force him to host the Olympics, I am sure he can help you in OOC terms to arrange the tournament. However aside from this, I really like your idea. An organization would be the most suitable way, like we have the Olympic Committee irl which determines what countries host the Olympics, we could have a similar organization. Countries could plan for hosting an olympic and offer a bid, after selection and voting, etc... we'd have a nomination for X Olympic.

Nonetheless, it is a great idea! Hopefully we can all discuss ideas and get it to flourish!

Axis12

Feb 11, 2021
I understand what you mean, and It would make sense to have the games in nations with previous infrastructure, possibly the games would not at all need to have the host pay for infrastructure and RP that private companies would do the work for the Host. Acknowledging that the Olympics has already technically taken place I would like to RP that the Olympics was postponed due to the World Economic Crisis, Russian Crisis, Indian Communist Uprising, and various other global events that would of prevented many nations to compete. I would certainly like to work with Naio if he feels like this is something he would like to do but if not I can certainly handle it myself.
Jay Naio90

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
I cannot promise to run yet another event consistently, but given the Olympics would be something shorter, time-span speaking, I'll gladly assist Axis or whoever wants to host it in organizing and executing it!

Axis12

Axis12

Feb 11, 2021
Hello All, I've decided and planned to create the First MN World Games which is Essentially the Olympics like How the IRC is based on F1. I will be able to create a system similar to Naio's IRC points system but it will be heavily dependent on training funding by members. Essentially I will compile a list of nations and go through their historically strong sports in real life world games and base initial strengths and weaknesses on their successes and failures. Then the rest will be up to a Training system where nations can spend $ on their athletes. This will be capped but more extensive RP for training will likely award better points results as nations have taken time to ready their athletes. Then the competition will begin using a automated randomized system that I will use for the Results and RP. I will be adding various sports and will take recommendations though I will likely cap the # at 10 so put in your suggestions below(it can literally be any "sport", even hotdog eating...). Rewards will be given out up to $1,000,000,000 financed by myself and Training money(Training money will go to the IWGC/International World Games Comitte acount and then redistributed to winners). I will make this as simple as possible so anyone can join easily and potentially make major financial gains. I will host the first games and in the future others could also host but I could still run it. I don't expect Naio to help as he has since unfortunately left but I hope this will replace the IRC. More details will be released on in RP posts in the next week. If you have anything to add, do so below and also this will not include administrative assistance and will be user run. Thanks!

International World Games, IWG

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hello All, I've decided and planned to create the First MN World Games which is Essentially the Olympics like How the IRC is based on F1. I will be able to create a system similar to Naio's IRC points system but it will be heavily dependent on training funding by members. Essentially I will compile a list of nations and go through their historically strong sports in real life world games and base initial strengths and weaknesses on their successes and failures. Then the rest will be up to a Training system where nations can spend $ on their athletes. This will be capped but more extensive RP for training will likely award better points results as nations have taken time to ready their athletes. Then the competition will begin using a automated randomized system that I will use for the Results and RP. I will be adding various sports and will take recommendations though I will likely cap the # at 10 so put in your suggestions below(it can literally be any "sport", even hotdog eating...). Rewards will be given out up to $1,000,000,000 financed by myself and Training money(Training money will go to the IWGC/International World Games Comitte acount and then redistributed to winners). I will make this as simple as possible so anyone can join easily and potentially make major financial gains. I will host the first games and in the future others could also host but I could still run it. I don't expect Naio to help as he has since unfortunately left but I hope this will replace the IRC. More details will be released on in RP posts in the next week. If you have anything to add, do so below and also this will not include administrative assistance and will be user run. Thanks!

International World Games, IWG

Personally this just sounds like Owens Olympics, so sadly I won’t be taking part but good luck!

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hmm, is there any way I could change it to make you more interested JamieA ?

Not sure at the moment, I just think because it’s been done that way by previous players before hand so many times. I’ve just gotten bored of the idea, maybe I’ll sit this one out and if it thrives I’ll join in the next one

Axis12

Feb 11, 2021
Not sure at the moment, I just think because it’s been done that way by previous players before hand so many times. I’ve just gotten bored of the idea, maybe I’ll sit this one out and if it thrives I’ll join in the next one
Unfortunate, If you believe there is a better and more effective system than the one I have suggested please let me know as I will take it into consideration.
JamieA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren