STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

A Gloria Brasileira

JakeDorent

The Empire of the Americas
Nov 14, 2019

Alvorada Palace - 17:00

It was a chilly night in the Imperial district, in the distance, the sun was setting, with the silhouette of the tall monument standing in front of it...it was a marvelous sight.

Dom Luis had gotten off the shower and was putting on one of his suits, He wasn't a lavish spender, spending much of his money on more social programs. The aging Emperor had chosen yet another simple outfit, a brown suit and trousers with a white shirt and a dark green tie.

The Emperor had requested that the cooks prepared a special dinner for the night and for the guests that were coming to the Alvorada Palace, he stood by the window, looking out at the city as the sun set.

João Cardoso kissed his wife as he grabbed the keys to his Opala Diplomata, although being Prime Minister meant he wasn't short of money, he chose to keep his old Opala, being a more discrete option to the official Mercedes-Benz the government had.

João wore a Black suit and trousers with a white shirt and a blue tie, driving towards the front gate of the Palace, where Security stopped him to check who it was, before letting him through into the property, parking the car in the designated location.

Dom Luis stepped out of the Palace with a smile to his old friend.

"
João, it's good to see you've come."

"
Of course, your majesty, thank you for inviting me to dinner."

João returned the smile with a handshake and a short bow to the Emperor, Dom Luis nodding.

"
Please, let's go inside, there is some time until dinner is ready, so please, make yourself at home."

The two men entered the Palace, João jokingly remaking "
It's difficult to feel at home in such a grand location.", Luis laughed. "Yes…I have tried to make this place as beautiful as I can, Unfortunately, I can't change the architecture."

Cardoso nodded, sitting on the table. "
So…how is your brother, the Crown Prince?" The Emperor sat on his own seat. "Ah, he is well, I just finished talking to him on the phone...he is spending the weekend in Petropolis with the rest of the family and checking on the Quitandinha...Don't worry, he already knows of this meeting and has given his full support to our plans."

Cardoso nodded, yes...the plans.

The plans were a large demand of the Monarchist movement when it came to the new government. It's fair to say that Brazil's current government was not the..."True" Empire, but a mere transitional state, remnants of the Republic were still leaching on the Phoenix as it tried to rise yet again. This dinner meeting was a crucial step in accomplishing the final objectives of "The Plans", the national elections were going to be a decisive moment, and the Brazilian National Movement had to achieve its objectives.

"
Are you sure about this your Majesty? I'm not sure the world will take our changes too positively.."

"
Unfortunately...that may very well be the case...but once they understand that our intentions are good, their view will change..hopefully."

The Emperor spoke as he placed a certain book on the table.

Cardoso opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by a third voice coming from the entrance of the room. "
Apologies for the delay, I hope I haven't missed anything...?"

It was the BNM Candidate for Prime Minister,
Henrique Hohenberg, he wore a simple black suit with a white shirt and navy blue tie, wearing a classic black woolen overcoat for the chilly night.

"
Ah, Mister Hohenberg" The Emperor smiled, standing up, along with Cardoso, to shake hands with the young candidate. "You have made it just in time, thank you yet again for accepting the invitation."

Hohenberg smiled and shook hands with both men, giving the emperor a small bow as he did, before taking off his overcoat and placing it over his chair. "
The honor is all mine, your imperial majesty, I was finishing an interview to a TV station in Goiânia, so I just took the train here, my apologies for the delay."

"
There's no need for apologies Mr Hohenberg, please, take a seat, we were just starting the discussions."

As the 3 men spoke, the dinner was served, the Emperor had selected some traditional Brazilian cosines to be served for the honorable gentlemen.

"
So, how is the situation with the election preparations, Mr Hohenberg?"

"
Well…thanks to the work of Prime Minister Cardoso and his responsible departments, most people are skeptic of the parties and figures of the old regime such as Fernando Henrique, the republican movement has also been in a steady decline considering we have done more than their regime ever has in Brazil's history." Henrique chuckled, "If all things go to plan, we will have the results we wish for once election day comes."

Cardoso and Dom Luis nodded with satisfaction, it seemed that the "Royal Triumvirate" could rest easy and just wait for the election results to come in...

"
Marvelous, then, shall I propose a toast?" the Emperor lifted his glass.

"
A Gloria Brasileira!"

The two politicians smiled and raised theirs.

"
A Gloria Brasileira!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89