STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ARG] Call to the Republic of Korea

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The argentine Director for Asian Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs would make a private call to the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea.

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
Seoul, South Korea

The Ministry had been quiet busy over the past couple of days, with the Europe and Asia Bureau's user lots of strain, tapping into resources from the America(s) and Africa bureaus to cover the deficit in personal. The high volume of diplomatic maneuvering had left the America(s) Bureau rather quiet. Director Kim Bookshin sat in his office in the Bureau, with his secretary and a staffer who decided to stay inside. He was enjoying his lunch when the Vice Minister, Chae Songha called him immediately to her office, with high urgency. The Team came upstairs with the relevant documents and handed them to the Vice Minister before waiting outside.
The Vice Minister received a phone call from the Argentine Ministry of Foreign Affairs, summoning the America(s) Bureau to provide her a handful of documents in the event they were needed. The Korean Ministry ensured the line was encrypted from the Ministry and patched it through the internal communication systems, allowing the Vice Minister to take the call in her office.

Chae Songha [1st Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs]: "Hello, it is a pleasure to speak with you...she looked at the stickie notes in front of her Director Rodriguez. I hope all is well in Buenos Aires.

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Vice Minister, thank you for taking our call, luckily everything is going well here, I hope the same scenario is presenting itself over there on the korean peninsula. I must admit my team and I have been following the recent developing in your nation with optimism and intrigue. The way your nation is dealing with your financial and economic affairs should be an example on how to uplift a nations structure with the goal to improve the everyday life of the citizenship.

Since Argentina is undergoing similar plans, with a 30bn public investment program in order to gain definitive self-sufficiency in terms of imports and our economic in general, we feel it was due time to establish a more direct and cordial relation between our countries, despite being so far away.

We do actually already have contact with a nation in your region, which is the Rattanakosin Kingdom, a country we consider a friend of our nation. With time, our intention is to foster a similar relation with Korea. Perhaps a good first step towards this would be the expansion fo bilateral trade. Argentina os one of the leading trading nations in the world, but we are always looking for new markets for our goods, as well as for foreign products that could do well in our own domestic market.
"

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Vice Minister Chae: "It is good to hear everything is going well. Yes, the situation on the Peninsula is for the most part well, sometimes no news is good news...Thank you for your kind comments, we have likewise been following the situation in South America, and continue to see rapid progress in the self-sustainability model of the Argentine Government. We hope that strong cooperation between Korea and Argentina can be the foundation for stronger global engagement, and strengthening cross-continental cooperation. I am certain the Administration shares your feelings for a more direct and cordial Korean-Argentinian relation.

The Republic of Korea is also building a healthy relationship with the Kingdom, efforts are ongoing, however, they are leading in a positive direction. I hope that our interests will be aligned in the Kingdom, propelling our bilateral cooperation forward. With regards to trade, Korea is very interested to expand trading relations and partnerships. We believe that opening of a strong trade partnership with all countries is a tool of not only diplomacy, but global development and cooperation.

With the growing range and scale of technology, distance is only a number. Tomorrow's children will be able to communicate with people on completely opposite sides of the continent, and enjoy the benefits of a progressive world in technology & information on a wider scale. I hope that together Korea and Argentina can help move humanity forward into the 21st century stronger than before. The traumatic experiences of the 20th century can only be the fuel to our progress as nations into the 21st century."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"We would be delighted to open our market for korean quality products, in reutrn we would also like to provide you with some of our fnes goods, I'm sure we can reach an agreement there that benefits both sides.

As for the technological advancement, we envison there another front for cooperation. The Republic of Korea is known for its telecommunications advancements, and with your cooperation, we would like to look into the possibility of having korean communications companies invest in Argentina, both to improve our own development by pushing the boundaries, but also as a business venture between argentine and korean companies.

For instance, we are currently finishing the construction of several antarctic research stations, which would require top of the line communications technology.

This antarctic issue is also another thing we wanted to propose. We are soon launching a broad internatioanl scientific program on several key research areas, and we would love to have korean scientists work along argentine in the white continent.
"

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Vice Minister Chae: "I am certain our trade representatives could meet to discuss a formal agreement on trade, of...she looked at the Director who wrote down items both taking advantage of...Argentina's primary goods such as Lithium, Petroleum, and Wheat, proving important resources for all countries across the globe, while Korea would be able to export secondary goods such as electronics and semi-conductors, while also being able to support the domestic Argentinian market through providing molybdenum and tungsten which would be highly useful in construction, automobile, and shipbuilding. Trade Relations between Argentina and Korea are much more complementary than expected, and hopefully, we can improve trade relations in the coming days through exchanging trade delegations. I believe alongside this delegation, a group of Korean technology firms could be invited to see proposals for investment opportunities in Argentina.

As you are probably aware, the Russian economic situation is currently a major concern for the Korean Government and our assessment of other countries economic situations, I believe still, the opportunity is one we should not ignore. Hopefully the trade talks will be fruitful and beneficial for the implementation of a trade agreement and paving the road for opening of access for corporations registered in our countries and under our nationals to cooperate with one another. The Director handed the Vice Minister another notepad with antarctic research

I believe due to the previous administration, the Korean antarctic research team left the Korean antarctic research position on King Sejong station, the lack of strong support has probably left the station dilapidated and the costs of repairing and re-servicing would be enormous. I believe the administration would look favorably towards reaching an agreement between our Science Ministry and your Antarctic Research Division and Science Ministry to send a team of Korean scientists to your existing facilities, both saving costs and advancing international cooperation in science. I believe we could also share the burden of costs through installation of communication technologies through Korean companies."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"We are open to hosting a korean trade and investment delegation to survey the argentine market and situation, with the objective to identify specific investment opportunities. For instance, we would like to propose the opening of LG or Samsung factories in Argentina.

Regarding the antarctic facilities, once the stations are operational, we would like to invite a korean delegation to visit one of them to see, by themselves, how we push the boundaries of science and how korean communications technology could be helpful. If things progress accordingly well, we could even envison the possibility of hosting semi-permanent korean science personnel in one of our own stations, supported by argentine logistics.

As for bilateral trade, I have to run it through my International Commerce Secretary and Minister of Industry, but Korea could become a major supplies provider for our growing industry by providing electronics, semi-conductors, molybdenum and tungsten could be. We could provide in exchange lithium, petroleum and wheat. Should it be necesary, we can put our merchant navy, one of the biggest out there, at your service to transport korean goods to Argentina.

On more political issues, we are aware of the russian financial crisis. Argentina shares multiple endeavours with Moscow, and have cultivated a very good relation with them, meaning we completely share your concerns. Russia currently acts as a counter-balance and keeper of the status quo in Europe, and we fear a continous absence or incapacity to condcut effective foreign affairs could open the door for international instability to rise.
"

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Vice Minister Chae: "I will have the Minister of Trade send a formal communication introducing themself to the respective Argentine Minister and Secretary, and they can take it from there to arrange the agenda for the trade negotiations as well as discuss the technical aspects for trade. Additionally, we will invite representatives from LG and Samsung to join the negotiations with specific clauses if they agree, to open up production centers in Argentina. I can not speak for our independent companies, however, we hope the negotiations will be fruitful and successful. We can arrange merchant fleet allocations, and hopefully boost higher volumes of trade through your fleet size.

As regarding the antarctic facilities, our science ministry will be brought into the loop and the Minister would also be able to visit Buenos Aires or host the Argentinian Science Minister in Seoul to sign a formal memorandum on a science agreement for researching the arctic. A semi-permanent to permanent Korean science and research team would be what we envision, allowing them access to quality research and sharing data with other countries to get a better understanding of items of concern.

As per the situation in Russia, its political and economic fallouts will be felt, our primary concern is what would form in Russia if the current government fell, especially if hardliners from the Communist Party seized power. This would have a very negative effect, due to the implications this would have on the Korean Peninsula and the Union's support for the Kim regime. We are monitoring the economic situation, and hopefully, whether independently, or through global institutions, the Russian government can service its debt, especially its sovereign debt which is of much greater concern considering the effect it may have on the global economy and the US dollar which we would use for trade and overseas transactions. Does Argentina have any information from within Moscow on how the government will deal with this crisis?"

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"For all matters regarding antarctic cooperation, the best channel is to directly contact the Argentine Antarctic Institute, they already have basic framework agreement templates that could be adapted to the specific needs of the korean-argentine antarctic cooperation.

Regarding the potential bilateral investments and developments, we could also sign a preliminary General Cooperation agreement to give all further progress a solid base to work on. If you give me some minutes I can end you some drafts over for you and your team to review.

Finally, back to Russia, sadly they seem have been rather occupied with their internal matters and the exchange of messages is taking longer than it used to. With the impressive red numbers they are showing, I understand that there is little chance they can come out of this crisis without external help. The first victim seems to be the british weapons concern Nexus, which bought a high amount of russian defence company shares and then saw their prince fall abruptly, loosing billions.

Luckily the argentine-russian endeavour known as RusAr was excempt from this since there were no shares involved, but just a licensing deal."

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Vice Minister Chae: "Thank you for the information Director, she took notes as the Director listed out the other information, I will pass this onto the ministers, however, if you could email me the template documents, when we respond we can make recommendations on the response we will reply with. I hope it will be a fruitful exchange between our delegations. Dependent on the GCA, I am will inform the Minister of your proposal as she and receive her input on the GCA proposal. Please do send the item for review.

The situation in Russia is quiet precarious, and we hope Argentina can keep us informed if the situation changes. We hope the current administration can pull together a path forward in planning, however, we are less optimistic...given the possibility a new Russian government may completely upend the current balance of relative power on the Korean Peninsula...As per the United Kingdoms, we are likewise concerned given the inability for, at least, based on our intelligence on reserves and hard currency, to cover Nexus' current outstanding publicly stated debt...not to mention the current shares in their subsidiaries have declined as well. However, the extent of damage to the British Economy at this stage is still unknown, but our data haven't shown any more erratic jumps or drops. Whether the pound remains stable is another question, however, as with all these matters in Europe, they will be obscure until they establish their own clarity. But, should Russia's economic situation deteriorate, shareholders in both Nexus and other investors will begin to jump ship if the acquisitions they just bought plummet with a failed Russian government. Needless to say, I think it is in everyones interest to ensure Russia does not collapse."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"As one of Russia's main international allies, we will provide any help and assistance we can, not only due to our current friendly relation, but also due to the reasons you just mentioned, the failure of such a large economy could spark a domin effect that could eventually affect the global economy and trade. Everybody looses.

I have sent you on encrypted lines of communication some preliminary drafts for the agreements we discussed here, and that should serve as the foundation of future bilateral cooperation. Please, let me know your comments and suggestions."

MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
ON ANTARCTIC SCIENTIFIC COOPERATION
BETWEEN
THE ARGENTINE ANTARCTIC INSTITUTE
AND THE
REPUBLIC OF KOREA'S ANTARCTIC PROGRAMM

The Argentine Antarctic Institute (IAA), an agency of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Commerce and Worship of the Argentine Republic, and the Antarctic Program of the Republic ok Korea ("the Participants");

Recognizing the increasingly good relation between the Argentine Republic and the Republic of Korea;

Conscious of the increasing importance of Antarctica in scientific research, particularly in relation to understanding global environmental and climate change; and

Highlighting the value of intenational scientific cooperation on Antarctic science issues, including to share resources and expertise on scientific projects of mutual interest;

Have decided to seek opportunities for closer cooperation on Antarctic science issues, as follows:

1. Working together

The Parties will look for opportunities to cooperate, including through seeking to optimize the human and material resources of both institutions, on Antarctic science and technology initiatives of mutual interest.

2. Priority issues

The Parties will seek to cooperate on areas of mutual interest related to environmental protection, for example on:

a) Joint science and technology research projects in the fields of, inter alia, Earth sciences and life sciences, as well as those related to the protection and conservation of the Antarctic environment and its dependent and associated ecosystems; and

b) Training and exchange of personnel between the Antarctic stations, institutions or academic centers of each of the Participants.

c) Logistical support and solutions provided by the favorable argentine logistic and scientific facilities

d) Short and long term scientific research of korean scientists on argentine scientific stations

3. Administrative Arrangements

Costs and logistics relating to actions taken under this MoU will be borne by each Participant, as mutually decided, unless specifically stated otherwise

The results and outcomes of activities carried out under this MoU will normally be deemed to be of joint ownership and only published and/or exhibited jointly, unless the Participants decide otherwise.

Any dispute related to the interpretation and application of this MoU will be resolved amicably.

5. Duration of MoU

The present MoU will come into effect on the date of signature, and is in tended to last for an initial period of five (5) years, unless terminated by either Participant. Thereafter, it will be automatically renewed for equal periods with the same provisions. Any written notice of termination will only take effect three (3) months after the date of the notice and any results or outcomes of activities carried out during the period of the MoU will remainjointly owned unless the Participants decide otherwise.

For the Argentine Antarctic Institute: _____________________________________
For the Republic of Korea's Antarctic Program: _____________________________

General Commerce and Economic Cooperation Agreement
between the
Argentine Republic
and the

Republic of Korea

The Argentine Republic and the Republic of Korea, hereinafter known as "The Parties":

RECOGNIZING common interests and objectives regarding economic and social development,

CONVINCED of the importance of international cooperation and exchange towards the achievemnt of any real sustainable growth;

HAVE AGREED to:

1. Increase the commercial and financial exchange between both Parties in order to broaden and expand their respective economies.

2. Consider and study the impact of a potential issuing of limited tax and tariffs incentives to companies and ventures of their counterpart who want to invest and start business in each others territory.

3. Create the Argentine-Korean Chamber of Commerce, which main goal will be the promotion of bilateral trade and commercial exchange.

4. Establish a joint comitee in order to identify projects and areas in which cooperation, in all its forms, can be of use for both countries.

5. Conduct specific market studies to prepare the ground work for the establishment of company branches and factories in each others nations.

REVISION, MODIFICATION AND AMENDMENT

1. Either Party may request in writing a revision, modification or amendment of all or any part of this Agreement.

2. Any revision, modification or amendment agreed to by the Parties shall be in writing and shall form an integral part of this Agreement.

3. Such revision, modification or amendment shall come into force on such date as may be determined by the Parties.

4. Any revision, modification or amendment shall not prejudice the rights and obligations arising from or based on this Agreement before or up to the date of such revision, modification or amendment.

ENTRY INTO FORCE, DURATION AND TERMINATION

1. This Agreement shall come into force on the date of signing remain in force for a period of five (5) years.ning and shall

2. Thereafter, it shall be automatically extended for a further period of five (5) years.

3. Notwithstanding anything in this Article, either Party may terminate this Agreement by notifying the other Party in writing through diplomatic channels at least three (3) months prior to its intention to do so.

4. Unless otherwise agreed by the Parti s in writing, the termination of this Agreement shall not affect the implem entation of any cooperative activity undertaken under this Agreement and not yet completed at the time of the termination of this Agreement.

DONE at XXXX, on XXXXXX in duplicate originals, in the Spanish and Korean language.

Signing for:

The Argentine Republic: _______________________________
The Republic of Korea: ________________________________

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Vice Minister Chae: "I apologize for the delay, I've been reading through inter-ministerial emails about the terms, and we believe they are suitable for the draft, however, we would like for our Minister of Science & ICT to visit Buenos Aires, H.E. Mrs. Roh Hyemin to discuss and negotiate further, and if possible inspect the facilities int he antarctic. Additionally, we'd like for Trade Minister H.E. Mrs. Yoo Myunghee and an official trade delegation from the Ministry to visit as well to negotiate further on the GCECA. I did not want to give the impression we were not keeping up to date, and wanted to inform you. I apologize once again for the delay on my mind."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"We would be delighted to receive a korean delegation in Buenos Aires. As a matter of fact, we are about to receive the italian President here in Buenos Aires. If your Government is interested, we could prepare the stage for a similar visit to negotiate the details of the Agreements and eventually subscribe them. We would also like to have somebody from the Republic of Korean present and the inauguration ceremony of the International Antarctic Program.

Since there is also a significant korean community living in Buenos Aires, maybe it would be also of your Governments interest to make some cultural visits.
"

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Vice Minister Chae: "Our government would be happy to send a joint-delegation consisting of Science and Technology Minister Roh Hyemin and Trade Minister Yoo Myunghee to negotiate the details of the agreement and sign them with their respective counterpart. As well as Minister Roh being able to attend the inaugural ceremony of the IAP. Alongside some cultural visits across Argentina and of the Korean community in the country."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"How about we schedule an official korean state to Argentina visit for next month? We would also like to invite your Antarctic Program authorities to visit our antarctic facilities at the south pole.

This we we could quickly and significantly advance on the commerce/trade and antarctic cooperation we are currently discussing.

Would your Excellency the President of the Republic of Korea be able to attend to such a visit? We could bring him also on the journey to the south pole, it might be interesting for him.
"

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Vice Minister Chae: "I will raise this with the Blue House and see if the President will be able to visit on an official state visit to Argentina. We would prefer the timeline occur sometime between January 12 and January 23 as the Lunar New Years occur on January 28 this year. We will bring the Antarctic Program President alongside the delegation under the Minister of Science, and a minor trade delegation will be attached to the President's team led by the deputy minister of Trade, Industry, and Energy. If the Presidents would have an official meeting, we would like to finalize the agreements prior to their arrival through our technical teams in Buenos Aires. Instead of discussing the agreement whilst on the State Visit, both leaders would sign the agreements that we can finalize here. Our office will share our draft proposal in the coming days as we finalize our internal discussion. Lastly, we do not know if the President, should he visit on an official state visit, be able to go the South Pole due to the climate and safety concerns. If you would prefer he visits the facilities, please send us a trip plan and current climate weathers so we can make a more informed decision."
Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"We look forward to hearing your comments of the proposed draft Agreements.

As for the potential visit to Antarctica, exact climate conditions are difficult to predict in the longterm, however, we have experience flying in antarctic conditions and no aircraft departs from Ushuaia if they don't have 100% safe flight conditions on the entire route and destinations. the visit would be brief, with the transport aircraft remaining there while the President, together with the argentine President do a quick tour of the facilities, before returning to the continent. The whole trip would not last more than 12hs.
"

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Vice Minister Chae: "Thank you for the information. I will push this forward to the Chief Secretary to get a response on how the President wishes to proceed with the state visit. We would like to discuss the security arrangements, transport route, and technical aspects of the state visit as well if that is okay. We would like for the Regional Security Director at the Embassy in Buenos Aires and a team of the Presidential Security Service to visit to liaison with your government the routes to be used and if necessary investigate any threats made against the President. We would also like to hear your transport route and technical aspect of the visit including the ceremony, members present, luncheon, agenda of discussion, translator arrangement, and order for signing the agreements."

Naio90

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

2560px-Flag_of_the_Government_of_the_Republic_of_Korea.png

1280px-Emblem_of_South_Korea.png

2560px-Flag_of_South_Korea.png

To: Diretor Rodriquez, Argentine Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Asia Affairs Naio90
CC: KimNaeun@most.kr.gov, BokNoyoung@motie.kr.gov, KimSyerah@motie.kr.gov, ParkJaeshin@mofa.kr.gov

Subject: Memorandum and Cooperation Agreement

Security: Private and encrypted Protected by the NIS and MoFA DPB
Dear Director Rodriquez,

Please find attached our revision of both agreements. Please inform me if these changes are acceptable and if not, please reply with another copy for our review. We have added a number of revisions to the Memorandum on Scientific Exchanges, and a minor number of wording changes and additions to the Commerce and Cooperation Agreement.

Signed with sincerity,
Office of Vice Minister Chae
Republic of Korea
Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Republic of Korea
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
All information is protected from release by the Diplomatic Communications Security Act 1997
Authorized viewing is limited to those directly emailed, cc'd, and bcc'd​

MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING

ON ANTARCTIC SCIENTIFIC COOPERATION

BETWEEN

THE ARGENTINE ANTARCTIC INSTITUTE

AND THE

REPUBLIC OF KOREA'S POLAR RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The Argentine Antarctic Institute (IAA), an agency of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Commerce and Worship of the Argentine Republic, and the Korean Polar Research Institute ("the Participants");

Recognizing the increasingly good relation between the Argentine Republic and the Republic of Korea;

Conscious of the increasing importance of Antarctica in scientific research, particularly in relation to understanding global environmental and climate change;

Highlighting the value of international scientific cooperation on Antarctic science issues, including to share resources and expertise on scientific projects of mutual interest;

Have decided to seek opportunities for closer cooperation on Antarctic science issues, as follows:

1. Working together
The Participants will look for opportunities to cooperate, including through seeking to optimize the human and material resources of both institutions, on Antarctic science and technology initiatives of mutual interest. Ensuring the peaceful use of research facilities and the apolitical basis of scientific research to be conducted on the Antarctic facilities operated by the Argentina Antarctic Institute.
Cooperative activities between the Participants under the Memorandum may consist of exchanges of scientific and technical information; exchange of temporary and permanent scientific personnel; cooperation in holding of workshops and meetings of scientists; and cooperative research in the common interests that fall within the scopes of the Participants interests that are mutually agreed upon.
The Participants agree in good faith, to adhere the scientific ethics of research and authenticity in their conduct.

2. Priority issues

The Participants will seek to cooperate on areas of mutual interest related to environmental protection, for example on:

a) Joint science and technology research projects in the fields of, inter alia, Earth sciences and life sciences, as well as those related to the protection and conservation of the Antarctic environment and its dependent and associated ecosystems; and

b) Training and exchange of personnel between the Antarctic stations, institutions or academic centers of each of the Participants.

c) Logistical support and solutions provided by the favorable argentine logistic and scientific facilities

d) Short and long term scientific research of Korean scientists on argentine scientific stations

3. Administrative Arrangements

Unless otherwise altered by the participants, the exchange of funds, resource allocation, and costs deemed essential to carry out the activities of the Memorandum shall be borne by each participants as agreed.

All cooperative activities conducted under the Memorandum shall be subject to the respective applicable national laws and regulations, wherein exempt by the given authorities in contradictions between the Memorandum and relevant laws.

To the extent feasible and permitted by the respective national laws, the Argentinian Government shall facilitate the grant of visas and other clearances necessary for personnel and equipment to enter and exit from the Republic of Korea for the purposes underlined in the memorandum.

The results and outcomes of activities carried out under this Memorandum will normally be deemed to be of joint ownership and only published and/or exhibited jointly, unless the Participants decide otherwise.

Any dispute related to the interpretation and application of this MoU will be resolved amicably as outlined in Annex I.

5. Duration of MoU

The present MoU will come into effect on the date of signature, and is in tended to last for an initial period of five (5) years, unless terminated by either Participant. Thereafter, it will be automatically renewed for equal periods with the same provisions. Any written notice of termination will only take effect three (3) months after the date of the notice and any results or outcomes of activities carried out during the period of the MoU will remain jointly owned unless the Participants decide otherwise.

The Memorandum may be amended at any time by mutual written agreement of the Parties.

For the Argentine Antarctic Institute: _____________________________________

For the Republic of Korea's Polar Research Institute: _____________________________

Annex I

I. Intellectual Property rights

A) For the purposes of this Memorandum, “Intellectual Property” shall have the meaning found in Article 2 of the Convention establishing the World Intellectual Property Organization.

B) The Participants shall ensure, through their respective laws, the adequate and effective legal protection for intellectual property created through the Memorandum.

II. Resolution of Disputes

Disputes arising under the Memorandum should be resolved, if possible, through discussions between the concerned cooperation entities. If the cooperating entities are can not resolve the dispute, they may seek intermediation by government agencies and international bodies.

III. Information and Security

A) Both participants agree that information or equipment requiring protection under the relevant national defense or security concerns shall not be shared outside the signatory parties. In accordance with the applicable national law and regulations, all information and equipment security deemed to be of the interest of national security shall be protected under this Memorandum from sharing with external parties.

B) Both participants agree that none of their nationals involved in the activities under this Memorandum shall engage in acts of espionage that would otherwise undermine the prestige, credibility, security, or honor of the Republic of Argentina and Republic of Korea.

General Commerce and Economic Cooperation Agreement

between the

Argentine Republic

and the

Republic of Korea

The Argentine Republic and the Republic of Korea, hereinafter known as "The Parties":

RECOGNIZING common interests and objectives regarding economic and social development,

CONVINCED of the importance of international cooperation and exchange towards the achievement of any real sustainable growth,

SEEKING joint action towards the development of the global community in the areas of economic and social development,
HAVE AGREED to:
1. Increase the commercial and financial exchange between both Parties in order to broaden and expand their respective economies.
a) Agreeing to under consultation, take steps to ease the cost of business (taxes, regulations, quotas, etc…) and work towards the implementation of fair trade policies,
b) Agreeing to under consultation, take steps to reduce unfair competitive advantages in the areas of trade (subsidies, government monopolies, etc..) and work towards the implementation of free trade policies,

2. Consider and study the impact of a potential issuing of limited tax and tariffs incentives to companies and ventures of their counterpart who want to invest and start business in each others territory.

3. Create the Argentine-Korean Chamber of Commerce, which main goal will be the promotion of bilateral trade and commercial exchange.

4. Establish a joint committee in order to identify projects and areas in which cooperation, in all its forms, can be of use for both countries.

5. Conduct specific market studies to prepare the ground work for the establishment of company branches and factories in each others nations.

REVISION, MODIFICATION AND AMENDMENT

1. Either Party may request in writing a revision, modification or amendment of all or any part of this Agreement.

2. Any revision, modification or amendment agreed to by the Parties shall be in writing and shall form an integral part of this Agreement.

3. Such revision, modification or amendment shall come into force on such date as may be determined by the Parties.

4. Any revision, modification or amendment shall not prejudice the rights and obligations arising from or based on this Agreement before or up to the date of such revision, modification or amendment.

ENTRY INTO FORCE, DURATION AND TERMINATION

1. This Agreement shall come into force on the date of signing remain in force for a period of five (5) years

2. Thereafter, it shall be automatically extended for a further period of five (5) years.

3. Notwithstanding anything in this Article, either Party may terminate this Agreement by notifying the other Party in writing through diplomatic channels at least three (3) months prior to its intention to do so.

4. Unless otherwise agreed by the Parti s in writing, the termination of this Agreement shall not affect the implementation of any cooperative activity undertaken under this Agreement and not yet completed at the time of the termination of this Agreement.

DONE at 199X, on XXXXXX in duplicate originals, in the Spanish and Korean language.

Signing for:

The Argentine Republic: _______________________________

The Republic of Korea: ________________________________

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018

Secret and Encrypted

Message to: Office of Vice Minister Chae, Republic of Korea, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Message from: Esteban Andrada, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade of the Republic of Argentina

The present message has been encrypted and encoded with the Advanced Internal Communications System. The unauthorized divulgence of the content of the present message, or part of it, is strictly prohibited.

Vice Minister Chae,
We have received your proposed ammendmends and see no inconvenience in proceeding with their approval and the ultimate signature of the agreements on Antarctic Cooperation and Economic and Commerce Agreement.

If you consider it pertinent, we could begin formally discussing the details of an official visit to Buenos Aires to subscribe the Documents as well as to conduct a series of other bilateral activities.

As for the visit to Antarctica, I include in this message Annex I, containing the proyected schedule of thr visit.

Sincerely yours,

Esteban Andrada
Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
Republic of Argentina

ANNEX I:

Secret and private.

Presidential Visit to "Moreno" Station
South Pole - Argentine Antarctic Territory, Antarctica

Day 1:

18.00 Departure from Buenos Aires Airport to Ushuaia Airport
Argentine Air Force Dassault Falcon 20 Executive transport

Lodging at Las Hayas Resort

Day 2:
07.00 Departure from Ushuaia to Moreno Station
Argentine Air Force Hercules C-130H, with technical stopover at Marambio Station

13.00 Arrival at Moreno Station
Tour of the facilities, brunch and media time.

15.00 Departure from Moreno Station to Ushuaia
Argentine Air Force Hercules C-130H, with technical stopover at Marambio Station

21.00 Arrival at Ushuaia and swtich to Argentine Air Force Dassault Falcon 20 Executive transport for travel to Buenos Aires. Arrival time: 23.59.

Jay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa