STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Argentina] Call to South Africa

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Good then. Thank you for taking my call and we look forward to further communications between our Governments. We would also like to collaborate politically in the near future.

Goodby Minister."

The call would be ended.

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The argentine MoFA, Daniel Osvaldo, would again call his southafrican counterpart on a private line.

@Lavenderdame

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Minister, sorry for calling again so soon.

I'm going directly to the point. I would like to inquire about your nations position on the draft Argentina presented at the GA regarding international financial transactions.

Argentina employs credits and loans as a way of promoting south-south cooperation and to boost initial economic development of these nations. We have given many credits in the recent past, and we would be delighted to even help South Africa if it requires one eventually. Considering this, it would be really important for us to get the present draft approved, to give us more securities and eventually facilitate redugin the itnerest rates.

Could we count of your nations support in the upcoming vote?
"

Lavenderdame

Newcomer
Jan 27, 2019
"Let me review the draft really quickly... yes.... Very well, I will send word ahead to our delegate in the Assembly to support this resolution. I would like to applaud Argentina for working to decentralize international loans and provide means for redress against unjust lenders."

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Thank you very much for your support. We really appreciate it. How is your development and modernization plan coming? Just remember that if you need anything you only need to call us, we gladly support you."

Lavenderdame

Newcomer
Jan 27, 2019
"It is going well, our pilots are currently training on the TA Zonda and should be available for training exercises in the coming months. We will be in touch."

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The argentine would reassume the encrypted call, and after some brief salutations he would continue:

"It seems as the vote at the GA on the international financial regulations draft Argentina has presented has begun. On behalf of my Government, we would really appreciated it we could have South Africas formal approving vote on the matter.

Also, I wante to say that we are delighted with the performance of the Valour-Class Frigates we cosntructed locally thanks to the DPR's your nation provided. We hope that the argentine designed fighters are according to your expectations."

@Lavenderdame

Lavenderdame

Newcomer
Jan 27, 2019
The Minister would respond, "We apologize for missing the vote, our ambassador was unable to attend due to scheduling conflicts. We're glad that the Valour-class is serving you well, we will send you our assessment of the fighters when we finish training our pilots to use them.

There is another matter we would like to propose. South Africa is looking for partners to develop a long-range aircraft carrier to rival the US Ford-class. We believe that a large capital ship like this would serve as a good accompaniment to the Valour-class frigate. Would Argentina be interested in co-funding this project?"

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Yes, sadly we losed the vote by two votes, and we had the same issue with South Korea and Russia as well. With those 3 votes we would have won, but well, we'll find another way, don't worry.

Regarding your proposal for a lon-range aircraft carrier, we must say that it is a rather expensive project. However, I can share with you that my nation is currently co-developing with the Federative Republic of Brazil a major upgrade package for the french Clemenceau-Class Carrier. It basically modernizes it and expands its operative capabilities. Perhaps you are interested in joining such project. obviously with the approval of the brazilians."

@Lavenderdame

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Of course, we will talk with them. Obviously they would like to know a little bit more about your general foreign policy. You know, today there are some informal "blocks" operating.. Basically the ISAF-nations group with the USA, the UK and the Netherlands, the aligned nations like Germany, Italy, Turkey and Canada, adn finally the independent nations like Argentine, Nigeria, Vietnam and China.

Were would you fit your nation in this structure?

@Lavenderdame

Lavenderdame

Newcomer
Jan 27, 2019
"We see ourselves firmly opposed to the imperialist forces, the aggression shown by Italy in particular is troubling. If we had to choose a camp, we would consider ourselves in the same boat as Argentina, an independent state."

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Thank you for your support. We are glad that we avoided the war. it would have been an unnecessary waste of money and innocent lives. We recognize that the brazilians have a rather direct way of making diplomacy, however, the reaction of some nations, specially Italy and Germany is unnaceptable.

Clearly, if that were your general line of foreign policy, Argentina and South Africa have a great future together. Did you had any contact wit the Government of Nigeria already? They are also a very close ally of my nation."

@Lavenderdame

Lavenderdame

Newcomer
Jan 27, 2019
"We have had some contact with them, however I believe we may have gotten off on the wrong foot. They contacted us to see if we would honor a deal they made with the former People's Republic of Pretoria for domestic production rights to several pieces of equipment. We were unable to reach an agreement since the current administration does not claim to be a successor to that nation and thus did not inherit the contract. In turn, we found the Nigerians to be poor negotiators and unwilling to compromise.

We would like to establish good relationships with Nigeria and the other countries on the continent in order to make progress, but it has been slow going."

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Having a good relations with Abuja ourselves, and if you are interested, I would like to offer my Government as mediator to try solve that small issue and make it possible for both Governments to not only have a sutiable relation, but also to cooperate.

I think that Nigeria and South Africa have more things in common than not. What do you think?"

@Lavenderdame

Lavenderdame

Newcomer
Jan 27, 2019
"I don't think that's necessary, but we would look forward to stronger relations between South Africa and both Nigeria and Argentina."

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"You can count on us, we are very interested a well in having this "trinity". South Africa and Nigeria together would easily be able to monitor and control the whole african continent to prevent it from falling again into the shadows of civil wars and foreign interventions.

May I ask how South Africa is doing financially speaking? We would like to help you starting out, to speed things up."

@Lavenderdame

Lavenderdame

Newcomer
Jan 27, 2019
"We're doing well for the moment, but we will look to Argentina if we're in need of any financial support in the coming years."

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"I was actually talking of a grant. A token of trust from our side to show that we really are behind your Government."

@Lavenderdame

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa