STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Argentina] Call to South Korea

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The argentine Minister of Foreign Affairs would call privately his south korean counterpart.

@사경사

사경사

Republic of Korea [South Korea]
Dec 27, 2018
The office telephone of the Minister of Foreign Affairs would ring. Though not previously called, the number would be recognised on the system. The call would be encrypted and private; it would be recorded for future references.

Minister Kang would pick up:
"Annyeonghaseyo Mr Minister, how are you on this fine day"

@Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Good evening Minister, how are you? I am fine, thank you for taking my call, I'm sure you must be a very busy man.

The intention of the present call is to formaly establish communcations between our Governments. Althought the argentine-korean bilateral relationship goes back decades it was about time the present governments began to talk formally to one another, specially since the interaction we are having at the General Assembly.

We congratulate your Government on raising to power and bringin Korea back to the international stage, and so, would like to inquire more about your foreign policy.

Argentina for instance pushes for a multipolar world, with no power unbalance and fair and equal treatment for all nations. While we mantain relations with our traditional partners, we also look to active our South-South Agenda and therefore have a big interest in partnering with developing and like-minded nations.
"

사경사

Dec 27, 2018
"I am very good thank you.

We thank you for your congrats and glad that you have initiated contact with us. Communications such as these are vital to global friendship, peace and understanding between our peoples, politically and socially.

With it being early on in our administrations time in power, our foreign policy is relatively vague and nothing is 'set in stone' let us say. We haven't had active communications with our Asian neighbours so a lot can change in the future. However, we desire to take a relatively neutral and peaceful status on the global stage, favouring global progression and the overall status quo. A key topic in our affairs, like it has been for decades, is reunification with the North. Within our administration's era, we want to achieve and maintain unity. Though this can be difficult given the North's track record, communist allies, and current absence on the world stage. We still aim to make our ambitious dream into a historic achievement nevertheless."

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"The Republic of Korea has my Government total support on the matter of progressing towards a peaceful reunificaton of the Korean Peninsula under a democratic form of governing. If there is anything my nation can do to contribute to this efforts, please just let us know.

While your Governments settles definitly, we would like to begin discussing the possibility of increasing the commercial exchange between our two nations and also offer ourselves in case your nation requires any help kick-starting your development.

The korean economy is of big importance to the regional and world economy, and therefore we are confident that your nation will be soon among the leading voices of Asia and the world.
"

@사경사

사경사

Dec 27, 2018
"Your support for the future of Korea Peninsular is much appreciated and may certainly come to use, but only the future can tell.

The Korean economy has come a very long way in the past decades, and we wish to only continue that path of prosperity. I am of course more than willing to see our economies become more interactive with each other; what sorts of 'commercial exchange' were you thinking of in particular?"

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Well, Argentina would like to export some goods to the promising south korean market, specially litium, grain and meat. On return, we would open our market to south korean products you would wish to promote.

On other issues, I would like to thank your representative at the GA speech and your nations suggestiones on how to improve the presented draft. What would it take to have South Korea support it?
"

@사경사

사경사

Dec 27, 2018
"Lithium, grain and meats all seem satisfactory for us to import from yourself. In exchange for these goods, we would like to trade vehicles, machinery, and medical equipment.

In regards to the GA proposal of financial practices, based off of what I have been informed, I can say that we are willing to support this proposal as it is. Though by the sounds of it, the great deal of opposition it is currently receiving gives me the impression that our support may not be enough."

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Which port do you wish to be used to receive the mentioned goods? WOuld monthly shipments be acceptable for you?

As for the GA discussion, we are making numbers and the outcome should be a close call, but inclining towards the approval of the draft.
"

@사경사

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"The vote at the GA has opened, we look forward and are very grateful for your support. Your nation can count on Argentina if it never needs assistance, political and financially speaking.

In our opinion we would need more asian nations involved in international affairs of importance such as this one. By the way, does your nation has an official stance on the events going on around Brazil that involves Sweden and Taiwan? Specially considering the latter is a neighbour of your nation."

@사경사

사경사

Dec 27, 2018
"Monthly shipment of these said products would be fine. The Port of Busan would be best.

I'm afraid something came up and our representative at the GA wasn't able to take part in the voting process. However, I have been informed of the results and it appears our vote wouldn't have had any impact upon them. It is a disappointment that the resolution was defeated; I guess we'll have to try again in the future and find an alternative solution in the meantime."

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Well, we had the same problem with South Africa and Russia. With those 3 votes we would have won. But don't worry. We will find another way.

In other affairs, how is your foreign agenda evolving? We are very itnerested in establishing a more firm relationship between Argentina and South Korea. We understand you already possess a goo link with Brazil.

Finally, how are your things with the Government of Japan? We are also very interested in furthering our relations with Tokio."

@사경사

사경사

Dec 27, 2018
Our foreign agenda is slowly progressing. You are indeed correct about our current dealings with Brazil; our President and Minister are currently engaged in a state visit to Brazil as we speak.

Our engagement with Japan is rather minimal though we plan on improving communications. Therefore I can't really give a substantial answer to your question I'm afraid.

May I ask you of the chaotic events and relations regarding the European powers and yourself? We have kept neutral in this though we do prefer to keep up with what's going on. Saying that this appears to be fast-paced and we struggle to stay on top of the current news.

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Well.. Luckily the world manage to avert a bloodshed in Europe.

We have a very changing relation with most of the european nations. Aside from the United Kingdom and the Netherlands, they have very unstable politics and change Governments almost ona daily basis. That way its difficult to mantian a stable and long term diplomatic relation.

As we did in tha last 6 years, we continue now to prefer a South-South Cooperation policy and work with more non-traditional nations where we had the certainty of a politically stable counterpart and a big field to grow.

On that same line we recently established the Confederation of Independent States, the CIS. Have you time to read about that?"

@사경사

사경사

Dec 27, 2018
"Lucky indeed. It was certainly a close call from disaster.

This Confederation of Independent States has caught my notice. What were motivations behind such organisation?"

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"The idea was to create a union of likeminded nations in order to boost their mutual cooperation on diplomatic, economic and defence issues. We have many "likeminded" nations spread accros the world, and in the case of Argentina, we have independent links with each of them. However, we are not yet exploiting the full potential of those bilateral relationships. Thats why we are looking to create an alliance to institutionalize and standarie such ways of cooperation in order to make equal and multilateral growth as easy and quick as possible.

We are currently dealing with other nations interested in joining the CIS. Argentina would be honored to act as sponsor if the Republic of Korea should be finally interested in joining the CIS."

@사경사

사경사

Dec 27, 2018
"ah, I see. We do very much appreciate it, though I think we will give thought in wanting to join the CIS. This is especially in regards to the events in China. If we're going to become close to China, we want it to be a stable relationship with a stable country."

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"I understand. How is your relation with China? Do you mean their change of Government structure?"

사경사

Dec 27, 2018
Yes very much so, the situation is very uncertain at the moment. Though as soon as things begin to clear, we will give serious thought into applying for membership. Out of interest, what nations are also giving thought to joining?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa