STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Brazil - Message to China

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Sitting in the Presidential den, President Victor Romero and his Foreign Minister Oscar DeSilva would be taking a lunch break of of simple bowls of fish stew and Cachaça's, the national cocktail of Brazil.

The Brazilian President leans into his old comrade's personal space and says, "Oscar, you know appreciate all fo the efforts you have done with Argentina, South Korea and the Philippines. Japan is not your fault, they just didn't know what they wanted or if they knew what they wanted wouldn't know how to get it.

"But we must reach out to other countries. I believe we must reach out to China. Their wealth is staggering, and investment opportunities abound on both sides."

Oscar bows his head slightly, "Of course, your excellency. But as am I of aware now, China is ruled by a monarchy. Do you think it more prudent to reach out at a diplomatic level first? I could contact their foreign minister initially."

"I believe that is the most expedient approach," the President replies.

"Consider it done, sir."

With that, Foreign Minister Oscar DeSilva has his office make an encrypted phone call to the Chinese Foreign Ministry.

"Hello, this Oscar DeSilva, Foreign Minister of Brazil. I wish to speak to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Wang Yi, please?"
@Fairhold

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Wang Yi would accept the phone call in a private and encrypted manner.

"Mr.DeSilva its a pleasure to meet you. It's very good to hear from you. What do you wish to discuss?"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Thank you for taking my call, Mr. Yi. Well, first and foremost we wish for robust ties with the People's Republic of China, both economic and militarily. The Brazilian government believes a strong a P.R.C. is good for balance in the world and we wish to a part of your ascendancy amongst the world's powers.

We have some investment ideas that we believe will be beneficial to both countries, but before we get to that I would like to hear your worldview, so to speak, especially within your region, especially concerning the South China Sea and your neighbors."
@Fairhold

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"It is always a pleasure to speak with you. We do believe that Brazil and China have much to gain in future as partners, especially concerning your lost territories to Argentina. We do view them as rightfully yours. It is unthinkable that the government in charge of that deal did this.​
For the South China Sea, as the Asia-Pacific Region in general, currently, the situation in the Asia-Pacific region is unstable on the whole, with a strong momentum for low stability of the world politics affairs. We do wish to promote peace and seek stability and development is the strategic goal and common aspiration of most countries in the region. Political mutual trust among countries needs to be strengthened.​
We also need to address the differences and disputes through negotiation..... and consultation is the major policy of countries in the region in our view. We do believe that Free trade arrangements in various forms can make a steady progress for peace and understanding, and we also know that a new phase has emerged for dynamic connectivity building. However, the Asia-Pacific region still faces multiple destabilizing and uncertain factors. The stability issue on the Korean Peninsula is complex and sensitive and disputes over territorial sovereignty and maritime rights and interests continue to unfold. Some countries are increasing their military deployment in the region, certain countries seeks to shake off military constraints, and some countries are undergoing complex political and social transformations. Also we need to look at the Non-traditional security threats such as terrorism, natural disasters and transnational crimes which can become more prominent. What about you? What are you views on the south China Sea, situation?."​

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"As far as the South China Sea is concerned, we believe in the standard law of 200km EEZ's. With that being said, we do not view that Taiwan is independent. The so-called Republic if China, or Taiwan as it is commonly called, is a renegade Province China. The administration that has come to power has been aggressive in foreign affairs trying to get other countries to recognize it as a free state. Which we do not at all. Disputes about the Spratly's, the Parcel islands and the Scarborough Shoal should be negotiated peacefully between the countries. If a peaceful resolution cannot be made, then the countries can take it the GA."

Oscar DeSilva takes a break to sip his Don Julio Real tequila. And clears his throat.

"Excuse me, Mr. Yi. As far as economic investment, first we would like just open a trade route from our port in Rio to your ports at Shanghai and Hong Kong. Our top five exports are:

Number 1. Iron Ore
Number 2. Crude Petroleum
Number 3. Soybeans
Number 4. Raw Sugar
Number 5. Poultry Meat

Hope you got all of that," he laughs.

"Once the trade routes are established I will propose another investment idea to you. I would also like to inquire about procuring some of your military weapons, particularly the DF-21D anti ship ballistic missile system. At least eight batteries of four, so that would be thirty-two. We would also like to purchase the H-6N in large portions, perhaps as many as 36. At least 3 Ilyushin Il-78 Refueling Aircraft and as many DF-41 missile systems as you will allow us to buy. If the terms of deal are agreeable with you then China will be forever the sole supplier of naval and ballistic missile assets of Brazil."

Mr. DeSilva pauses again to clear his throat and take another sip of his tequila.

"We would actually like to totally outfit our military needs with Chinese equipment, but we have some agreements with other countries at the moment. But if they cannot guarantee a steady government and a steady supply of goods, we will just sell their weapons and move towards your weapons systems.

Does this sound agreeable to you?"
@Fairhold

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We are already discussing this matters with the respective parties, and we might have reached a deal regarding another dispute with Japan." He would stop and listen to the list of resources.

"Hmm, I do believe we would be happy to trade Crude Petroleum for one of these;
1. Plastics
2. Clothing
3. Furniture
4. Textiles
5. Electrical machinery

This would help both our economies and our relations I believe."

He would also listen to the possible military purchase from Brazil.

"I'm sorry but I can't comment on this military purshaces, you will have to contact the Ministry of Commerce Mr. Zhong Shan, but I do believe he will accept everything but the DF-41, due to its importance to our nation, and being a extremly advanced piece of equipment. But perhaps he will accept another type of Ballistic Missile." He would smile.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Excellent news. Please choose which of our products and we can set up a trade route. And following this message I will immediately message Mr. Zhong about possible military sales. Should you need any more of our raw materials be sure to let me know and we can establish more and routes. In our next round of talks, we should discuss new air routes between our two countries."

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
The present message has been encrypted and encoded by the Brazilian Cyber Defense Agency.

Message to:Ministry of Commerce Mr. Zhong Shan
Message from:
Oscar DeSilva, Defense Minister of Brazil

It has come to my attention that talks between our two foreign minister's have been fruitful; that there is respect on both sides and a mutual trust is being formed. For this I am glad. As defense Minister I am tasked with defending my country, and I, of course will do it to the best of my ability. I would also like a uniformed set of products so we do not need to cross train our soldiers in different weapons systems. I believe China is that choice.

I would like to purchase the DF-21D anti ship ballistic missile system. At least eight batteries of four, so that would be thirty-two. We would also like to purchase the H-6N in large portions, perhaps as many as 36.

Could you give me a price quote on the above items?

Submarines and fixed wing aircraft will be our next purchases.

Yours,

Oscar DeSilva
@Fairhold

Last edited:

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I do believe, Textiles for Iron Ore would be a fair exchange for both our nations don't you agree? Also what do you mean about air routes?"

Zhong Shan would inform via email to Mr. DeSilva, in a private and encrypted manner, that it would be impossible to sell any Ballistic Missile at this time as its too early to sell such advanced weaponry, he would be redirected towards the Official Page for Sales for the PRC, as it would be easier to control the purchases from there "Catalogue"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
The present message has been encrypted and encoded by the Brazilian Cyber Defense Agency.

Message to:Ministry of Commerce Mr. Zhong Shan
Message from: Oscar DeSilva, Defense Minister of Brazil

Textiles for Iron Ore will do rather fine. I will set up the trade route with my foreign minister immediately. After sending this message. As far as air routes would like to open more weekly routes between Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong to attract more tourists for both nations. I will send you a proposal once my Transportation Minister has completed his proposal and it has been cleared by the President.

We could also set up a "friendly" series of matches between our two nations' football teams. With Brazil's coming to China for a series of games and China's coming to Brazil for a round of games. We could even arrange for a summit during one of these matches.

As for as your Military Arms Catalogue, we are perhaps looking at some items that are "off the menu" so to speak. I understand that Ballistic Missiles are off the table, but there are other items we are looking at.

Is there anything you could do to help us with this?

Yours,

Oscar DeSilva
@Fairhold

Last edited:

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Due to the nature of the deal, Mr. Zhong Shan would decide to call Mr.DeSilva on a private and secure line, which was also encrypted. After, and if he was picked up. He would answer.

"Hello! Sorry for establishing this phone call, however I much prefer to deal with such deals, on the phone in private or face to face. Now about the friendly matches we would be much delighted to have such games in both our nations, we will wait your proposal once your Minister is able to talk. Now on the matter of the Army, what items do you wish off the table?"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
The phone rings on Oscar DeSilva's desk. It his assistant, the assistant informs him that a Mr. Zhong Shan is on the line that the phone call has already been encrypted. With that he picks up the phone.

"Hello, Mr. Zhongshan. Pleasant to hear from you. First up we would like to purchase 32 DF-21D anti-ship missiles, or 8 batteries of 4. We would also need the necessary radar equipment. We would also like to purchase the 24 H6-K medium range bombers. As well as 3 refuelling planes. As I have stated in a previous written message, we wish this to be the first of many purchases both military and non-military from your country.

We would also like to propose a 3 match set of friendlies. The first would take place Maracanã Stadium in Rio, Estádio Nacional Mané Garrincha in Brasilia and Castelão Stadium in Fortezela. Cultural events will be arranged, food festivals and even a visit to the Saara Shopping district which is Rio's Chinatown.

This could also be a perfect time for some high-level political talks."

@Fairhold

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The man would put the phone down, but not disconnecting the line. After a quick message to the President he would answer again the Brazillian.

"Due to the nature of these products, I do believe there is a set number that we are allowed to sell externally, I believe we can only sell up to 8 DF-21D anti-ship missiles and 4 bombers, unfortunately, however I'm sure that with time as our relationship grows we will be able to sell more. However I do ask you to use our main site for such deals as it better to keep track of them.

On the matches I do believe its a great agreement, and I'm sure President Xi would be more than happy to attend along side the Chinese Team! Could we get the dates?"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"I have just put the order through your main site. As far as the friendlies let us schedule them for March 29th, March 31st and April 1st. That would be Good Friday, Easter Sunday and of course April Fool's day. The latter two are public holidays in Brazil which would give the public a better chance to enjoy the visit of the Chinese team. Moreover, it will give us ample time to advertise and promote the series and the visit of the Chinese President. How does this sound to you?"

@Fairhold

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"This sounds wonderful! We can assure you that this will do wonder for our relationship, its not everyday we see this happen between nations, I do belive the world needs a bit more sports and more entertainment."

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Excellent news. I will give the Brazilian Tourism Department a budget of ten million dollars to promote the Chinese-Brazilian Friendlies in both Brazil and China, as well as our first meeting. We will grant the Chinese side 10,000 tickets per match. I would love to see Chinese football fanatics waving red Chinese flags alongside a sea of green and gold Brazilian football fanatics. It would be a fantastic sight.

If we could, to show our commitment to one another, perhaps we could coincide these historic matches with a joint naval exercise, or at least a Chinese naval port of call where Brazilians can witness the naval might I aspire to.

We would also like to know about the delivery of the DF-21 and the Xian H6. Thank you kindly."

@Fairhold

Last edited:

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"It would be fantastic, and I do believe our two flags will combine very nicely! Now the Joint Naval Exercise is quite a interesting thing! I do believe it would do wonders to our relationship, could you give me more detail about this? I also informed the Minister of Commerce to initiate the construction, apparently emails aren't going threw in our systems, but it just a hiccup"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"The equipment issue is not a problem I am sure it will be worked out quickly. My defense Minister Oscar DeSilva has spoken with our Naval Chief of Staff and they recommend an Anti-Ship Warfare exercise. Perhaps your two or three of your destroyers patrolling off of our waters and our navy would then our navy and air force would then have to intercept them.

After the drill your ships and sailors could make a port of call in Rio and they could enjoy time with their Brazilian comrades off-duty and attend the football matches.

As for our meeting I would like to hammer out the details of our trade agreement, exactly which products we will export/import and what ports they will be delivered to. I would also like on the agenda of the increased air routes from Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing.

145 Million Chinese travelled abroad last year year, but the top ten countries were all in Europe or Asia. I want to put Brazil on the map as far as tourism is concerned. My tourism board wants to blanket your top 10 websites:, as well as subways in Beijing and Shanghai with advertisements concerning the upcoming friendlies as well Brazilian tourism in General. If this is agreeable and we are willing to spend 20 million USD on this campaign.

We would also like to discuss further military purchases with you such as the
Type 52 Destroyer and further purchases of the 21F Missile defense system as well as further purchases of the Xian H6. We have already arranged for the top two floors of the Rio Hyatt to be reserved for the team, staff and families of the Chinese team a week ahead of the friendless so they can conformably acclimate themselves to the time change.

We can arrange your staying arrangements further down the road. The Executive Floor at the Brazilian Presidential Palace is always open."
@Fairhold

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"That sounds like a wonderful idea! I do believe our navies could then in future also work together to protect against Piracy which is a growing problem in the world. But I will inform our Navy Officials. When would such exercise take place? I do believe in the same week as the football match as it would bring more people then to see the ships, after of course of said match" he would chuckle.

"About the exports/imports I would love to recieve a list of your possible exports, this way it would be easier to choose what we would need, do you also want our export list? And about the advertisments, that would have to go through our ministry of commerce and see if everyone would be in agreement, as well as Mr.Jinping. But I do believe it would do wonders. Also blanking our website about tourism to Brazil wouldn't be to difficult, if you understand." He would wink at the man.

"As you know we been having problems with some groups still supporting the former government, which was a disaster so I do believe this would help combat that, putting something else in the minds of our countrymen."

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Well the football matches are coming up in the next month so perhaps a simple joint exercise, involving piracy using some of our Israeli made Dvora-class III fast patrol boats playing the role of pirates. In an exercise against another country they were extremely affective. The after the exercise the PLAN could enjoy the sights and sounds of Rio, as all sailors should.

As far as exports, are top 5 are:

1. Iron Ore
2. Crude Petroleum
3. Soybeans
4. Raw Sugar
5. Poultry Meat

We can also export ethanol fuel for cars, trucks, buses and motorcycles which would have the overall potential to reduce your countries Greenhouse Gas emissions by 90%.

I hope this becomes a larger part of the agenda. We are attempting to work several other countries about this technological breakthrough that will reduce Greenhouse Gas emissions worldwide.

We can hammer out the details when President Xi, the Chinese delegation, and the footballers arrive for a wonderful trip to my country.

Yours,

Victor
@Fairhold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren