STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Brazil - Message to Japan

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
It is 7am Sunday morning, early August in the leafy suburbs of Brasilia. In the Presidential den are President Victor Romero and his close friend, Foreign Minister Oscar DeSilva are having Café da Manhã and are discussing the days events. On the coffee table is a tray of Portuguese for French rolls, cold cuts and cheese, and mountainous helping of freshly cut papaya. They have just finished their daily 3km run, though not winded, they are ready for nice languid, breakfast.

"Here, Oscar. Take a look at this, I drafted it last night," the President says as he hands MacPro to Oscar. The President fixes himself a small sandwich as Oscar reads.

"Excellent, sir. The initial communique evokes both our historic past and recognizes our future potential as friends and allies. I would send it immediately."

"Thank you Oscar, I will."

The President jabs a button on the phone on the desk.

"Yes, Mr. President."

"Please encrypt an email. I would like to send it immediately."

"Of course, sir."

The two leaders begin eating their breakfast and discuss an upcoming trip abroad when -

"Encryption is ready, Mr. President."

"Alright, thank you."

The President looks at the message one last time before pressing send.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Prime Minister Shinzo Abe

Greetings Mister Prime Minister. It is good to see a strong Japan back on the international stage. We have been strong allies in the past, save for the last administration, we are quite glad you quickly swept them out of power. Over 1.6 Brazilians are of Japanese descent, and there are some 175,000 Brazilians living in Japan. Many more Japanese are now 2nd or 3rd generation Japanese. We have a long history of State Visits, with one every two or three years for the past 40 years.

I have a number of economic and investment proposals I wish to discuss with you. After you receive this message, which would be around 7pm your time Sunday night, please call my office at your earliest convenience. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

President, Victor Romero

@Teikoku

Teikoku

State of Japan
Jul 20, 2018
As both the Prime Minister of Foreign Minister were preoccupied, the Foreign Office would forward the message to the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance, Taro Aso. Upon receiving this message, Minister Aso would make a private and encrypted telephone call to the Brazilian Presidential Office.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
The phone rings in the Brazilian Presidential Office. Having finished their breakfast, Oscar and President Romero have moved on to facing treadmills where they read documents and discuss more of the days events at a brisk 3km per hour. Their eyes always slide back and forth between their documents and the 52 inch screen TV on the wall where it is showing Al-Jeezera English. They do this daily, sometimes with with Oscar's brother Juan, the Defence Minister when he is in town.

"Free way to keep up with English lessons," the President says between breaths.

"Juan likes the BBC more, as do I."

"You two always bitch about something," the President says laughing.

The phone rings on the President's desk. A light is burning green. It is the encrypted phone line.

"Get that will you Oscar."

Oscar hops off the treadmill and picks up the phone.

"Yes, I will take the call from Tokyo. Patch them through."

"Hello, this is Foreign Minister Oscar De Silva. I have been informed I am speaking to Deputy Prime Minster, Aso Taro. It is my pleasure to speak with you."

Teikoku

State of Japan
Jul 20, 2018
"Hello Minister De Silva, the pleasure was all mine upon receiving your message. Your message appeared rather ..erm... informative, lets say. The possibilities of economic cooperation were also arisen in this message, possibilities Japan would very much like to discuss and explore."

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
A tad out fo breath Oscar replies, "The possibilities are endless. First off we would like to open a trade route to the Port of Tokyo from Rio. With the absence of a reliable Chinese Government, we can offer crude oil to you.

We wold also like to make you aware of ethanol fuel and flex fueled cars.

"Flex" cars, that run on any blend of hydrous ethanol (E100) and gasoline (E20 to E25). that reduce CO2 emissions and mitigates global warming by reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

We can transfer the ethanol and the technology for blending it with gasoline so it no longer needs to be imported, at least as much as it is currently. Moreover, we would like to increase imports of Japanese cars to the Brazilian market. We could also build a an ethanol plant for only Japan. One country has already done so."

Teikoku

State of Japan
Jul 20, 2018
" Your fuel proposal is very considerate and attractive. As you're much aware I'm sure, Japan is a significant consumer and producer of cars, and with the large environmental costs of such, is all the more reason to find ways to reduce vehicle emissions. Whilst your proposed ethanol alternatives do reduce emissions, they don't eliminate them. We, the Japanese government, instead favour electric and hydrogen to oil alternatives, these have no harmful emissions which makes them even more attractive. So although your offer is kind, we must turn it down.

On a brighter side, a trade route between our two nations is much more agreeable. We are wanting to distance ourselves from the reliance on oil, for the reasons I previously mentioned, but we are interested in food products, if that is a possible export. In return, we can export vehicles. I there any particular brand or vehicle that captures your interest?"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"I understand your apprehension with oil. That is why were are trying to stay as green and as self-reliant as possible. For the first step we are thinking more about improving our health services sector, including cancer screening. Instead of Japan and Fuji importing their products, perhaps they would be interested in building a Fuji plant in Brazil? It would create Japanese and Brazilian jobs, and we could also perhaps start a training program in preventative medicine for Brazilian doctors using Fuji products. It would be the first Fujifilm Medical Systems plant on the contingent.

When we can agree on products, the factory can be of your design, employing your architects and engineers and Brazilian manual labor. We can even build gated community for the Japanese workers, and if needed, perhaps a Japanese school for their children.

This could be the first of many projects. I am interested in your thoughts.

@Teikoku

Last edited:

Teikoku

State of Japan
Jul 20, 2018
"You have it wrong sir, Japan exports our medical equipment. Anyhow, when we look at investing abroad, we seek to receive returns that we wouldn't otherwise receive when investing in Japan, like access to new market or greater resources. This idea of constructing a Fujifilm industrial plant does not grant us those returns. In other words, we can construct this plant in Japan, which would be more beneficial for us, and at a lower cost; with greater employment for Japanese labourers and without the need of a gated community, as you suggest."

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"I thank you for your prompt reply and commend you for your well thought out business methods."

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Well, as far as further investment opportunities I cannot think of any other at this time. Unless you have an investment idea that could benefit both nations."

@Teikoku

Teikoku

State of Japan
Jul 20, 2018
"Well I don't of any opportunities as of yet either. If you have any future ideas which satisfy both our desires, please don't hesitate to call me again."