STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Call to Germany

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
Pongpol Adireksarn, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Rattanakosin Kingdom, would use an encrypted and private line to contact his German counterpart in the hopes of opening bilateral relations between the two nations.

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
The phone call is received by the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Since no formal Ambassador had been assigned for the Rattanakosin Kingdom, Klaus Kinkel the Minister for Foreign Affairs has decided to take the call himself. He waits for the signal from his phone that the line is secure and picks up the receiver.

*** Security Classification: SECURE CONFIRMED ***
__________________________________________​

"Good Day Pongpol Adireksarn, You have reached the Foreign Office here in Berlin. My name is Klaus Kinkel and I am the Minister for Foreign Relations. What can I help you with today? It seems we have no formal ambassador to your great nation and I would like to fix that today if at all possible."

Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"Good day Minister Kinkel! I was calling you in the hopes of being able to begin bilateral relations between our two nations. From my knowledge we currently have embassies in each other's nations, yes? I would trust to have Nimmit Prapass fill the position of Ambassador to Germany. We would welcome anyone that you see adequate for the job."

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"Yes of course Mr. Adireksarn. Your ambassador is very welcome here in Berlin. We would like to send Andreas von Stechow to be our Ambassador in Bangkok. I do have some questions about his staff if I may? What are your acceptable amount of personnel he might bring? Our current policy here in Berlin is to allow 20 Diplomatic Staff, 30 Mission Staff and 25 Security Personnel. The Security Personnel at embassies may be equipped with firearms (including Full-auto) as you see fit as long as every weapon is fully registered with our customs agents. We will follow all policies you have in place and will have Ambassador Stechow on a plane Monday morning heading to the Rattanakosin Kingdom."

"We have heard that the Rattanakosin Kingdom are known for their amazing ship building capabilities. We are currently looking for Large Container vessels. Do you currently have any on offer?"

Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"He'll be accompanied by twenty diplomatic staff, thirty mission staff, and twenty-two security personnel. They'll be equipped with pistols and HK33 semi-automatic assault rifles. As for the German embassy in Bangkok, we would ask that you send the same amount of personnel and similar firearms.

Regarding container vessels, I would need to check on the prices for you (ooc: I'm price requesting four container ships) but we have four of them currently in production. We have the Supa Bhum-class 628TEU container ship, the Yantra Bhum-class 1098TEU container ship, the Methi Bhum-class 928TEU container ship, and the Gantha Bhum-class 1094TEU container ship. Just let me know which you will need and I'll send you a total price once they're available, or we can simply wait for the prices to come in. Also, while we are discussing potential sales between our nations, I would like to inquire about acquiring the domestic production rights for the Heckler and Koch G11 K2 assault rifle so that we may test the firearm and potential replace our stock of assault rifles with it. Furthermore, is Germany in possession of a domestic MANPAD? If so, we would also like to discuss the potentiality of purchasing a few hundred or maybe thousand of them."

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"The arrangements for the diplomatic staff seem perfect. I look forward to meeting Nimmit Prapass and his staff."

"We have currently received word that our merchant fleet is now has acquired permission to start building the Hapag-Lloyd Dallas Express-Class Vessels. They have TEU 4890 capacity and will fill the trade role nicely. They are not currently publicly available for purchase but we can draw up some numbers should you ever need to purchase any of them."

"Now that we have to proper equipment for setting up long distance trade routes, I would like to discuss what those trade routes might look like. What does the Rattanakosin Kingdom have to offer?"

"If you will allow me I can give you a quick word on our exports.

"We specialize in manufactured goods. Our primary export is our extensive line of automotive products. We have Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Open, Porsche and Volkswagen all headquartered here in Germany. The finished automobiles along with their proprietary parts lists are all available for trade. We also off comprehensive lines of machinery. Tractors, cranes, and other heavy engineering equipment is all available from a variety of manufacturers. Our Computer and Electronic Products catalog is also extensive. Allow me to highlight one in particular. Kontron AG is a German-based multinational company which designs and manufactures embedded computer modules, boards and systems. They offer OEMs, system integrators and application providers for different market sectors such as Industrial automation, communications, transportation, energy, avionics, medical, infotainment, and military. Our pharmaceuticals are world class. Headquartered here in Leverkusen is BAYER. BAYER is a German multinational pharmaceutical and life sciences company and one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Bayer's areas of business include human and veterinary pharmaceuticals; consumer healthcare products; agricultural chemicals, seeds and biotechnology products. Along with pharmaceuticals we also offer the industry standard in Medical Instruments. Siemens Healthcare is headquartered in Erlangen and offers all of the following Angiography and Interventional X-ray Systems, Computed Tomography, Radiation Oncology, Laboratory Diagnostics, Molecular Diagnostics, Molecular Imaging, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Point-of-Care Diagnostics, Refurbished Systems, Syngo Imaging Software, Ultrasound, and X-ray Products."

"Are you interested in any of our products? Maybe there is something in particular you are looking to import?"

Alex

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"Also I forgot to mention the new Arrivals on our GDE online store page. We don't currently manufacture a dedicated MANPAD unit. We do how ever produce the excellent Wiesel 2 Air Defense Weapon Carrier (Ozelot). They along with the Wiesel 2 Air Defense Reconnaissance and Fire Control can give you superior Air defense cheaper than most dedicated platforms whilst being much more reliable than the standard MANPAD. We have a link on our website that shows the Ozelot in action. Let me share that with you."

Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"Sadly, while the Wiesel 2 Ozelot is quite a powerful machine, we are in need of MANPADs rather than self-propelled as the Wiesel 2 vehicle would not serve well in the mountains and jungles of northern Thailand. As for the resources, the Rattanakosin Kingdom would be interested in importing pharmaceuticals and and medical instruments from Germany. In return, my nation is exporting the following: machinery, including computers; vehicles; electrical machinery and equipment; rubber and rubber articles; and plastics and plastic articles. The majority of all of our products come from the capital itself.

If any of those interest Germany we can file for the trade routes to be created. Any German exports can arrive to the Port of Bangkok."

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"We do understand the difficulty of the terrain mountains and jungles of northern Thailand. We hope to be soon be acquiring a licence for a MANPAD much more suitable to your specific environment. We will contact your Government once we have more information."

"GDE has a standing order to the Rattanakosin Kingdom for [30] Transall C-160D and [475] Tactical Field Kitchen TFK 250s with a total cost of $516,534,332.50. They are ready to begin work on your equipment as soon as payment is received."

"We would be happy to export both pharmaceuticals and and medical instruments immediately. We would like to do a mutual resource trade trade if that is at all possible. It helps cut down on tariffs and mutually benefits both parties. If that is acceptable we would like to import both rubber and rubber articles and plastics and plastic articles. We can also handle all of the shipping requirements. We will send two vessels loaded with items and will load them up with your exports for the journey back to Hamburg. How does that sound?"

Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"Ah yes, we forgot about that order, my apologies. Could I have a quote on the order if we were to only order the thirty Transall C-160Ds?

We could be interested in this mutual resource trade agreement but first you would have to clarify on just what this would imply?"

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"A revised quote for thirty Transall C-160Ds wouold be $512,674,957.50."

"The mutual trade agreement would look like this. Rattanakosin Kingdom agrees to send rubber and rubber articles weekly in exchange for pharmaceuticals weekly from the Republic of Germany. The Republic of Germany agrees to send medical instruments weekly in exchange for plastics and plastic articles weekly from the Rattanakosin Kingdom. No Tariffs are due on either trade route due to it being an equal trade. I will send vessels to complete each side of the route. This is just to cut down on paper work. But if you would like for me to calculate the tariffs due we can sort out a monthly payment schedule."

Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"I have had the funds sent to your government.

As for the mutual trade agreement, that would definitely simplify everything - we agree. I also wanted to bring up the subject of visas. I believe that our two nations could benefit from each other extremely. If we were to make visa applications easier to complete by our citizens and make them last longer than before then our citizens could work in each other's nations, study, and visit. This would aid in improving the lives of our citizens and help our economies. What do you think?"

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"The Funds have been received and I have been told production is under way. They should be available for delivery on... (OOC:Tue, 10 Nov 2020). Also where did you want them delivered?"

"We are totally in favor of easier visa applications. Anything that helps both of our great peoples better travel, work and learn between our two nations is a wonderful idea. Did you have anything specific in mind?

Alex

Last edited:

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"We have received the thirty Transall C-160 transport planes and I must say that our air force is quite content with the quality of the aircraft. You'll surely be receiving more business from us in the future.

Now, regarding the visas. I believe that the easiest way to assure easier and more frequent usage of visas between our nations is to increase its duration and decrease its renewing pricing. The Rattanakosin Kingdom has three types of Visas: visit, working, and education visas. We would be willing to increase the duration of a visit visa to three months, a working visa to ten months, and an education visa to six months. Is this something that Germany would be able to match? We are more than happy to increase or decrease these numbers."

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"I think the duration's of the visas are perfect starting place for our two nations. We reevaluate the duration's again next year if we see the need to lengthen them."

"You mentioned earlier about the harshness of the terrain in your mountains and jungles of northern Thailand. This has reminded me of a conversation I had earlier this week with our Minister for Defense. He is currently looking for a place to hold joint military exercises in a hot tropical environment. I think this could be an amazing opportunity for both of armed forces to come together and learn from one another. Is this something your defense department might be interested in? I can pass along the information to our Ministry of Defense and try to get some preliminary paper work drawn up if you feel that the joint exercises are a good idea. We can work completely around any schedule you might have in mind."

Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"That sounds wonderful!

We would certainly be interested in holding a joint exercise with German forces in either the mountains of the north or jungles the north-east of Thailand. We could also organize it to where our troops remain in the region for a longer phase of time and can train in both terrains instead of just the one. We could also split evenly on the cost of the exercise to reduce the logistical strains. The Rattanakosin Kingdom is willing to host your troops for the exercise whenever it is most convenient for Germany. Does your Ministry of Defence currently have any estimate on the amount of troops and equipment that would be sent over for such an exercise? If needed, the Kingdom could provide any needed equipment to ease the cost and concerns of bringing over any equipment."

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"We would like to be able to doing something along the lines of the brigade level if that was at all possible. Our 43rd Mechanized Brigade is a brigade of around 3,500 men and 200 APCs. We wouldn't have to send over all of the vehicles they use as mechanized infantry. But we have the logistical services in place to do so if necessary. I think a longer phase sounds perfect seeing as we will be able to get the most of the time we have there and much of the cost will be in logistics. I also think splitting the cost is a fine idea. If you would like to work through the administration [post exercise thread] to host it, we will accompany it with the information we would need to submit in preparation for the exercise to begin. We are open for exercises starting in September and have a clear date book until early next years. I'll leave the exact time of the exercises up to you."

Alex

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa