STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Canada] Prime Ministers First Speech

Grant

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2018

The sun was gleaming through scattered clouds at Parliament Hill in Ottawa where people in the thousands had gathered around to greet the Newly Elected Prime Minister Catherine Patterson on her first day in the role and hear her first speech in the new role. Some had been camping overnight, while others were travelling in. Traffic was coming to a standstill across the city due to the increased presence of people around the city, all trying to filter through Parliament Hill and park. Through the endless sounds of cheering, chanting & cars horns, sirens could be heard approaching the area. A five vehicle convoy emerged from around the corner, consisting of 2 Police SUV's in front & behind of a Black Sedan, holding the Governor-General & Prime Minister. The cars managed to battle through the traffic of the area and entered the main grounds of the Parliament building.

The Governor-General Johnathan Ramirez glanced out the tinted windows, seeing the mass crowds which had arrived to support Catherine on her first day. He smiled, glancing back over to her. He took a breath as the car drew to a halt outside the Main Entrance of the building.

"Are you ready, Catherine? Your landslide victory has lifted you to stardom it seems. There is more than I expected.. Have you prepared your speech as you are required to do this before you enter the building. Standard tradition, as you know. A Podium at the top of the steps has been set up for you."

Catherine nodded and took a deep breath before one of the Security Guards opened her door. She slid out of the seat and turned to view the crowds cheering & chanting on the lawn. A mass flurry of Canadian Flags and a sea of Red Maple Leaves could be seen on T-Shirts, Trousers & Hats. One thing which she knew was that the Canadian people were proud of their nationality and it's why she had the most backing of the people. The Governor-General got out the other side of the vehicle, waving to the crowd before moving towards the steps with Catherine. At the top of the stairs stood the podium which Johnathan had spoke about. The Prime Minister took it in her stride, stepping behind the Podium with a beaming smile on her face. Johnathan stood beside her, adjusting his tie to look as immaculate as possible for any photos.

Catherine cleared her throat and began to speak. The crowds fell silent, listening on every word she had to say.

"Good afternoon, Ladies & Gentlemen. Firstly, I must thank you for the amazing and breath-taking support which I have been offered over the course of this election. Seeing everyone here, in front of me, supporting me and cheering me on for my new position in Parliament. It actually makes me feel empowered. Empowered to do the right thing for you all. Canada has been a heavily burdened country over the years. I've watched her rise & fall over my time in Politics and I intend to make it right and ensure that Canada rises to it's upmost potential again."

Catherine took a moment to catch her breath and check over her notes. Inspired by what was already said, many of the crowd began cheering again. Catherine smiled, stuttering her words to silence the crowd once more.

"Everything I said in my Election Campaign will not be altered and I intend to keep my word for all of it. The Economy being a massive focusing drive for me over my first term in office. I'll be ensured to bring more business opportunities for business holders, to increase their profits, which in turn, profits our nation. The money will not stop flowing and Canada will rise to become one of the biggest Financial Nations on the planet. I could speak forever about what I can do to increase the Economy benefit and I could bore you to tears with all the details, which I won't. Moving on to Defence Budgeting though, I have noticed that Canada has always suffered with a tiny military force. We have just enough to basically function as a Military Power in the world. I plan to increase our Defence Budget to allow more hiring of Troops and reinvent the way we can effectively train the troops in larger amounts, without forfeiting quality of training. This will also budget acquisition of up-to-date Equipment for our troops. This will stop any nations who feel we are 'small and defenceless' to think again, securing our safety as a nation and safety of you all. This is your home and you should feel safe wherever you walk."

Catherine flicked her notes page over, to continue reading the final part on the back. She glanced at Johnathan and smiled warmly at him before returning her gaze to the sea of people in front of her. She placed her lips near the Microphone attached the podium.

"Finally, I have spent the entirety of yesterday evening after the results, informing various members of my party who will be coming along with me into Parliament Hill to assist me as my Cabinet. These people I trust with my life, ones I have worked with for many, many years. I ask that you give them the same trust that I give them and believe in their actions. Times will get tough over the next few years, I'm sure. But with the right people, doing the right thing, nothing bad can come from that. My Cabinet list will be posted officially on the Canadian Government website later today.

I stand for Canada & her people. I ask you to stand with me.
Thank you, have a lovely day."

The crowd erupted again with cheers and applause. Catherine stepped back from the Podium, standing closely beside Johnathan while waving to everyone. A CBC News Journalist came from the side of the steps, authorized to take the official photos of the two entering the Parliament Building together. Catherine & Johnathan turned, walking into the building into the Lobby. Security shut the door behind them, closing off any further view of the duo. Over the next couple of hours, crowds started to disperse & traffic slowly came back to regular levels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear