STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Chile] E-Mail To Germany

RedHood02

Workers' Federation Of Chile
Feb 24, 2019
To: Office of the Federal Minister of Foreign Affairs — Deutsches Reich
From: Workers' Delegate For International Affairs for Europe; Mr. Miroslav Seleznyov.
Subject: Reopening of Diplomatic mission and further bi-lateral relations.

To whoever it may concern,
By direct orders of Chairman Mark Gonzales and the Crongress of the Trade Unions of the Workers' Federation of Chile. I have been authorized to open talks to negotiate the possibily of the re-opening of German Diplomatic Missions on Chilean soil and vice-versa. While also possibily discussing the groundwork of future fruitful bi-lateral relationships between our two nations.
If the answer is positive, contact the number given below. Any future call shall be done with this number as this has been assigned as the new Delegation's Number.
If not, ignore this message.

Best Regards,
Mr. Miroslav Seleznyov.

Phone number: +56 800 171 171

@NagandEmerald

NagandEmerald

His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Friedrich IV
Aug 18, 2018
@RedHood02

With the phone number that had been given, the Federal Minister of Foreign Affairs set to work on attempting to discuss with the Chilean Delegate for International Affairs for Europe. In but a few moments, and with encryption set up by the Federal Intelligence Service and the privacy of his office secured,
Karsten Jürke had already started setting up a phone call with the number provided, and waited for whoever was on the line to pick up with equal parts patience and concern, given the nature of the email should have been made a little more private in his eyes.

RedHood02

Feb 24, 2019
@NagandEmerald

After making sure that the office had been vacated and completely locked down, Mr. Seleznyov picked the line after the only person authorized to hear this sensitive calls, his personall IT technician, gave him the tumbs up. Making clear the the line was encrypted and monitored.
"Good Evening, I'm currently speaking with Mr. Karsten Jürke?"

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@RedHood02

"Yes, you are," Karsten replied, very blunt with his reply, "I'm calling in regards to a most peculiar email, one that my Intelligence Service says had not been encrypted; just thought I'd let you know on that one...but firstly, how are you doing today Herr Seleznyov?" As he was talking, Karsten was already going through paperwork regarding the Chilean diplomatic situation, finding that there was nothing but a closure of the German Embassy in Santiago and a caution given out to travelers. He already knew what the discussion was going to be about, and needed to gauge the Chilean government properly.

RedHood02

Feb 24, 2019
Seleznyov raised an eyebrow but said nothing. Looking at his IT technician he saw him rubbing his nape in discomfort. 'We'll talk later,' he mouthed to him. Shaking his head slightly, he returned at the most important matters at hand.
"Thanks for the heads up. And regarding your question, i'm doing pretty nice, Mr. Karsten. and you?" He replied, trying to sound as politely as possible.

@NagandEmerald

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@RedHood02

"Since the fiasco with Brazil, my office has not necessarily been...as calm, as it used to be," Karsten admitted, already typing up an email to the Reich Chancellor regarding the phone call as he spoke.

"I will say though that I am quite grateful for being allowed to place a couch to sleep on in my office, otherwise I don't think I would ever actually sleep," he jested, giving a little chuckle afterwards. "Now, regarding the business which you emailed me about? It says that you are willing to renegotiate the reopening of the Embassy in Santiago, correct?"

RedHood02

Feb 24, 2019
Seleznyov let himself chuckle at the joke of his German counterpart. He well understood what he meant as he eyes the sofa bed he had in his office. Had not been for that thing he may as well had not sleep a single hour during the Swedish and Irish Embassy Crisis. Shaking his head again. He replied.
"Well, technically is not me the one who wants to but that's beyond the point of this conversation. Yes, Mr. Karsten. The Federation is willing to negotiate the re-opening of Embassies."

@NagandEmerald

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@RedHood02

Karsten held his breath for a moment, thinking on the matter. He had to pry some information regarding the government of Chile, and whether it was really communist or something else. Considering the attitude towards the French, it'd be rather unfair to have to deal with the Chileans on a more friendly note than his European brothers. "Well, I am more than willing to reestablish a diplomatic mission in Santiago, provided that my Ambassador is allowed to bring his own security detail and not fear being consistently monitored in his activities. And I am more than willing to allow for the reoccupation of your country's diplomatic missions in my country with the same stipulations." A few moments passed as Karsten hummed to himself, needing to continue to pry further.

"However, before we go with finalizing those little details, Herr Seleznyov, I must ask you in regards to your government. As you are no doubt aware, the recent communist 'revolution' has had several members of my government rather, how do the Americans say, 'spooked', thanks to the rather violent nature of the initial revolution, and their lack of communication with us. I'd like to know a little more about what your government is, and how it functions, given what it has decided to refer to your nation as."

RedHood02

Feb 24, 2019
Seleznyov sighed. That was to be expected. Standing from his chair he turned towards his office window, overlooking the street below.
"Well, Mr. Karsten. I'll be frank with you, we're a Syndicalist nation. And i'm pretty sure that you're awate of what that means," Pausing for a few seconds so his counterpart could think, he continued."But the fact that we're having this talk speaks volumes of the intentions of our goverment. We will not enfoce the revolution in any foreing nation. We call it the 'Live and let live' policy. As far as our sovereignty over our people is respected. We'll negotiate and cooperate with any nation willing to do so. But fear not, Mr. Karsten, we may be a Leftist-run Nation. But we are not a dictatorship like France. At our core we still hold democracy dear."

@NagandEmerald

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@RedHood02

Karsten was now concerned. Another nation that was similar in scope to communism? This was a dire concern, but the fact of the matter was that the man on the line was right. The fact that they contacted him first to discuss anything at all already spoke volumes of the policy of this Chilean government. After a moment of thinking to himself, he cleared his throat of a lump that had formed there from the tension.

"Well...umm...as concerning as it is that your nation has chosen a path so intertwined with communist ideals, I cannot say that I do not welcome your government coming to ask mine about diplomacy first. While I doubt that the majority of my government agrees with your ideals, you are free to practice them in a way that does not threaten the security of my country's people or ambassadors. Now...to finalize those points," Karsten diverted, his attention focused back on the embassies and consulates of both nations, "If I am to allow your ambassadors back into my nation, mine can return to yours under the stipulations that your government will attempt to leave them be unless it is for official diplomatic business, as well as allow them to retain their own security detail as provided by the Ministry of Defence. Furthermore, the same stipulations will apply to your ambassadors and security details. Are we in agreement?"

RedHood02

Feb 24, 2019
Seleznyov let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.
"Well, we accept those stipulations. Mr. Karsten. But the congress ordered me to add one condition. The German Ambassador must always inform our government whenever he or any of his personnel leaves the embassy, alongside their destination and route. Now, Mr. Karsten. I know what you may be thinking but do not worry. This is simply a matter of national security and the Germans are welcome to request the same from our ambassadors."

@NagandEmerald

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@RedHood02

"Of course," Karsten replied with another clearing of his throat, "I would think that this is a condition that is absolutely necessary for our missions...however, that should only apply to diplomatic business. Any personal business, such as grabbing lunch, should be something that our staff are free to do." Now, there was but one more matter that the Foreign Minister had to deal with: the potential for improving bilateral relations between the two countries.

"Now, moving on, I believe your government also wished to speak to me about the potential for bilateral relations improvements?" Karsten took a deep breath as he guessed what the other party wanted in his mind, "You have my attention, and I am willing to listen and negotiate."

RedHood02

Feb 24, 2019
Seleznyov smiled to himself. "Of course, Mr. Karsten. Personal bussines doesn't have to be mentioned," He replied, after all they're going to monitor them once they leave the Embassy anyway.
"Well, Mr. Karsten. Regarding the bilateral relations improvement. We are willing to sit back and listen for what the Germans would like and then elaborate. So far we know you wanted a neutral link on the continent. But we are willing to elaborate further. If the Germans wish so, obviously."

@NagandEmerald

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@RedHood02

Karsten seemed to falter a bit, a little bit annoyed at the fact that the Chilean government had come to Germany seeking to establish bilateral relations, but wanted Germany to make the first move. Thinking on what could potentially be a good starting point for bilateral relations...perhaps a non-aggression pact? Free trade seemed risky, and outright asking for an alliance, defensive or otherwise, was rather uncalled for in most scenarios he could think of.

"Well Herr Seleznyov...I cannot say that I have anything that I can really discuss. I assumed that you had an idea yourself on what you exactly wanted to do to improve bilateral relations...that being said, I think it could be stated that Germany is...not really...'ready' for anything such as a trade agreement or an alliance. Instead, I think we should seek to keep conflict within the South American continent to a minimum, and I would therefore like to ask on the prospect of a non-aggression pact or something similar."

RedHood02

Feb 24, 2019
"That's seems like a good idea, Mr. Karsten." Replied Seleznyov. "As it seems that i expressed myself wrong before. We do know what we want to do to improve our nations relationship. But we first wanted to hear what you would like. Anyway, a non-agression pact is nothing short of perfect." Seleznyov sat down in his chair before continuing. "With that out of the way Mr. Karsten. There was something else i was ordered to discuss if the talks ended in... Well... The conditions that they are right now."

@NagandEmerald

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@RedHood02

"Oh?" Karsten pondered, now more curious as to the nature of this call, and how it was going to go.

"And what would that be?" he pressed further, slinking back into his chair in a relaxed manner.

RedHood02

Feb 24, 2019
"Well, Mr. Karsten. If i don't remember badly, when we initially closed the diplomatic missions your people seemed disappointed after losing the chance of having a neutral link in the continent, am i right?"

@NagandEmerald

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@RedHood02

"I would say so, yes." Karsten tapped his chin in deep thought, trying to think on what it was that Seleznyov was trying to get at.

RedHood02

Feb 24, 2019
"Before i continue, Mr. Karsten. I'm ordered to say that the offer i'm about to extend to your Goverment will be also extended to the British one in short notice. Said this... Mr. Karsten. The Federation is willing to act as an under the table military base for Germany in South America. I'll wait for your reply before giving our reasons of why."

@NagandEmerald

Last edited:

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@RedHood02

Now THIS was a surprise that Karsten had not yet heard. It was, in essence, a minor military pact. However, as much as Karsten wanted to outright accept it, as having a military presence in South America might be beneficial if a conflict were to break out, he had to know why exactly it was that Chile was willing to go forward with such a deal.

"I...umm...I-I-I am...honestly a little speechless. That is probably the only response I never actually expected," he admitted, clearing his throat to push onwards, "If I were to accept this...I'd...honestly need to know why you would consider such a dangerous venture; after all, the Argentinians and Brazilians may find it suspicious or, worse yet, they'd find it as an unwarranted expansion to know that there is a potential German military presence in Chile."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa