STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Congo] Message to Japan

Kuroko

The Federation of Nigeria
Mar 4, 2020

LVKVYra.png

Département des Affaires Étrangères et de la Coopération Internationale

Secret and Encrypted

To: Yukihiko Ikeda, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Japan

From: Félix Tshisekedi, Department Director of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation of the Democratic Republic of the Congo

Minister,

The Democratic Republic of the Congo has finally come to a position of stability, or as close as a nation in such turmoil can be. We are opening relations with the world, slowly, and have come to the conclusion that the State of Japan, a neutral and distant party to the many disputes facing the Congolese people, would be an excellent first example. With a strong economy and a mission for peace, Japan is the model of what the Congo, and all of Africa, can achieve post-colonization and without exploitation.

President Joseph Kabila offers a purely optional, public meeting with Emperor Akihito, and/or Prime Minister Ryūtarō Hashimoto. to announce open embassies, optional Trade Agreements, and Japanese support in the fight for a single, united DRC.

Thank you,

Félix Tshisekedi
Department Director of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation
Democratic Republic of the Congo

Last edited:

Suvorov

Addict
Jan 18, 2020
120px-Goshichi_no_kiri.svg.png

Official Communique of the State of Japan

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Communique

EMAIL IS ENCRYPTED AND SECURELY SENT

Recipient:
Department Director Tshisekedi (@Kuroko)
Cc: Nobuhide Minorikawa
Subject: Bilateral Relations
Classification: Secure

Dear Department Director Tshisekedi,

We greet you warmly with the hope of beginning a a long a prosperous relationship with your people. We congratulate you on your successes in bringing more stability to the region. We would be more than happy to discuss establishing formal ties between Japan and your people. We invite you to speak with us in Tokyo. Mr. Nobuhide Minorikawa has been selected as our ambassador to the Democratic Republic of the Congo. He is prepared to meet with your representative to begin discussions. We are happy to discuss all the topics you identified.

Yours Sincerely,

池田 行彦

Yukihiko Ikeda
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Kuroko

Mar 4, 2020

LVKVYra.png

Département des Affaires Étrangères et de la Coopération Internationale

Secret and Encrypted

To: Yukihiko Ikeda, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Japan (@Suvorov)

From: Félix Tshisekedi, Department Director of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation of the Democratic Republic of the Congo

Minister,

Representative Kasongo Mutuale would be honored to become the first ambassador representing the Third Republic. He is available to travel to Tokyo for immediate discussion on said topics, as soon as he is able.

My Thanks,

Félix Tshisekedi
Department Director of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation
Democratic Republic of the Congo

National Diet Building
Tokyo
Noon

Kasongo thumbed his briefcase, an outsider in every sense of the word. While his jet black suit was fitted and his brilliant blue necktie had been tied into an elegant cape style, his head was bald, his eyes were a deep hazel, and his skin color was nearing the polar opposite of every person he passed. Japan was a place of a homogeneous people when compared to his home, or so it felt. He was treated as the outlier he was, but he understood their position well. In the past, and perhaps moreso even today, non-African men in the Congo are a rare sight. Perhaps this would mend the schism that seemed so incessant on existing. Japan was a technological marvel, a society just 100 years ago was undergoing a restoration process that would bring it to the world's stage.

Entering the Diet Building was entering a place of ideals and potentials. A massive building of white stone, carved with the culture in mind yet feeling distinctly modern and professional. It was something he, and many others within the new Congolese government, admired. Kasongo introduced himself to the secretary, bowing, though his Japanese was unfortunately somewhat jittery. He had learned what he could, but the education system was an important change to be made in the coming years. Perhaps Japanese would be taught, and he would not have had to teach himself.

He sat politely where instructed, sliding his calloused fingers across his briefcase and shifting impatiently.

Suvorov

Addict
Jan 18, 2020
@Kuroko

Nobuhide Minorikawa was given a call from the front desk that he had a visitor waiting for him. It was the meeting he had been preparing for. He straightened the papers he was going over and placed them in a folder. With that, he got up and walked through the halls of the Diet building to meet with the Congolese ambassador. When the man was in front of him, Nobuhide bowed to the man and greeted him in Japanese, "Hello and welcome to Japan. It is my honor to meet you." Nobuhide quickly switched over to French and said, "I am comfortable in French as well if that is better for you. Thank you for visiting us and my government has placed an emphasis on this meeting going well. Please let me know if I can get anything for you. Please follow me to my office." Nobuhide proceeded to walk back to his office. He sat behind the desk. "Please, let us begin."

Kuroko

Mar 4, 2020
@Suvorov

Kasongo bit the inside of his cheek, listening to the ticking of the clock above his head. It felt like another world, this city. This country. The slow but purposeful clacking of shoes approaching made the man sit up straighter, smooth down his suit and clear his throat. Most of the best educated in the Congo now served as government officials. It was a system he preferred, and not just because he was intellectually skilled enough to become an ambassador. Surely enough, a man met his eyes. Shorter, with a more comfortable yet ever professional gait. Kasongo stood, almost at attention, and swirled to meet the man face to face. He bowed, as deeply as he could, but he was still found lacking. He had learned what he could but the Congo was not a place of true education. Not yet.

"Hello. It is my honor, thank you," Kasongo stuttered, slowly and as precisely as he could manage, in Japanese. He relaxed, just slightly, when his equal switched to French. This was much, much more comfortable for now. "Thank you, my friend." He tucked his briefcase under one arm, following Nobuhide to his office. Once inside, Kasongo carefully shut the door behind him and sat in front of the desk, setting out his briefcase and opening it up. Sliding it to one side of the wooden table, he thumbed out several documents, until he found the first of his many topics.

"Thank you, Mr. Minorikawa. I would like to start off with requests for shared embassies in our capital cities. I would stay, as ambassador to Japan, and you would travel to the city of Kinshasa to do the same for my home country, unless another ambassador would be preferred. The Japanese Embassy would be located on 372 Ave Colonel Mondjiba, the street in which many planned embassies have already been built. With the Rail and Road Project underway, Kinshasa is developing a number of paved highways and subway systems, though to reach a level of true modernism, as this beautiful city has, will take focus and drive we now possess."

Kasongo rotated the first paper in his stack and slid it across the desk. It detailed the specifics of each Embassy, awaiting input.

Suvorov

Addict
Jan 18, 2020
@Kuroko

Nobuhide Minorikawa smiled at the man across from him. "Of course, the opening of embassies is easy for us to agree to. I look forward to going to the Congo and experiencing life in your home. We thank you for graciously securing a location for us. We will prepare a location for your embassy as well." Nobuhide reached for the first paper that was slid across the desk. He read it over and nodded, embassies were well within his authority to open at this time. He withdrew a sheet from his own file folder. It addressed the trade projections between the Congo and Japan. "Our nations produce complementary and varied goods. Our nation prefers mutual trade agreements over enforcing tariffs. We would like to enact a trade agreement whereby we exchange equal values of our trade goods. This means allowing us to import your Copper (Refined & Unrefined), Cobalt, Precious Metals (e.g. Gold, Silver), Mineral Fuels (e.g. Petroleum, Natural Gas), and Diamonds. In exchange we will allow you to import our five major trade goods. Expansion of trade is of vital importance to my government."

Kuroko

Mar 4, 2020
@Suvorov

Kasongo's smile mirrored his fellow's across the desk, and he happily handed over the first of his documents. They'd both prepared well, it seemed. He nodded, watching the man withdraw a document of his own from a nearby folder. Kasongo carefully took the page, reading it over before sliding his own, similar, page to Nobuhide. "An equal trade would mean no outstanding payments to either of our nations. We had suggested the same. Our tariffs may be high, but that is purely due to the values of each and every resource in weight. A metric tonne of Gold is much more difficult to transport than a vehicle, for example, and worth so very much more." Kasongo smiled brighter, clasping his dark hands in front of himself and nodding firmly. "Director Fayulu has already given his signature, here, to the trade you have discussed. I'm sure the many Japanese cars, computers, electronics, and most importantly medical equipment, will serve the Congo well. In fact, the topic of medicine brings another, unfortunate topic to my attention..."

Kasongo's smile slowly faded and his demeanor darkened as he carefully filed out six papers. "Pneumonia, tuberculosis, malaria, HIV, intestinal parasites, yellow fever. While not unique to Japan, a modern nation on the cutting edge of technology is... of particular interest for medical supplies. Many within the Congo do not trust the United States, for reasons I will not get into here. These papers detail payments of $50,000,000.00 for Japanese aid in the form of medicine, equipment, and treatments for each of the six diseases, as well as Japanese doctors willing to spend a year working in clinics across the Congo. This would come to $300,000,000.00. I know it may not be enough, but I would ask of you, or perhaps your Minister of Finance, if this could be arranged in any way."

Suvorov

Addict
Jan 18, 2020
@Kuroko

The trade discussion started and ended quickly, which was a great start. With this, Nobuhide could order trade vessels to immediately begin importing Congolese goods. The Congo could do the same. With mutual trade licensing, each nation could import the other's goods. Of course, the value of the goods would be paid for to their private distributors, only the governmental barriers were being dropped. Japan has a strong public stance on low trade barriers.

Nobuhide was somewhat shocked by the frank discussion of the Congo's issues. Few would have been so honest and forthright. He nodded and took a moment to pause. Nobuhide had been given wide authority to expand Japan's presence in Africa. This offer was reasonable. Plus, his nation was more than happy to send aid where needed. Nobuhide nodded again, "Of course we will help you under these terms. It would be heartless for us not to. I hear the pain of your people through your words and I will not stand by while we do nothing. I have been given broad authority to establish relationships with the Congo and this is where you need our assistance and we will not deny you. We can begin sending doctors and supplies as soon as your initial aid package is sent. This will allow us to secure the equipment and personnel necessary. We will send along a large contingent of students as well, which should dramatically increase our presence without much cost."

Kuroko

Mar 4, 2020
@Suvorov

The Congo would need national trade ships as well, especially with the expected increases on cobalt production in the coming years. While his country handled that at home, Kasongo instead had to handle this conversation, one that was uncomfortable but ultimately necessary. Nobuhide was a kind man, and Japan was a kind country, so despite the unfortunate circumstances he was honored by the answer.

"Thank you. I apologize for bringing the mood down somewhat, but my country is in pain. Most of what I imagine we will discuss today may sadly be much the same. The Congo desires aid, needs it, deserves it. I will send word to my superiors that this request has been accepted, and the funds will be transferred to you." Kasongo let the man keep the papers, taking out several more and clearing his throat. "On the subject of students... We also devised a possible, free option to benefit us both. Debt relief for teachers and college students in Japan as part of a volunteering program to teach in the Congo. They would be given a proper wage, as well as places to stay within our new schools across the country. With your agreement, the Congo would begin a project to build these new schools and allow Japanese teachers to help our next generation learn."

Suvorov

Addict
Jan 18, 2020
@Kuroko

Nobuhide nodded again in understanding. He understood the necessity of such conversations. He was happy to hear the second proposal as well around the students, giving them greater access to experiential learning. "Our universities will be happy to establish programs in the Congo to help meet your people's medical needs. We do wish to be careful of one thing: we do not wish to be seen as colonizers or imperialists. Japan has experienced both sides of that coin and it is not something we wish to revisit. That being said, we would like the integrate our personnel as much as possible into the Congolese framework. We want to help your people's medical industry, rather than replace it. Furthermore, we would be more than happy to accept medical students from the Congo to study in Japan. Finally, our government would like to use $10,000,000 of the funds sent by your government to begin a teaching hospital in the Congo. This hospital will be the one institution that we wish to be Japanese led, as we want a location where our universities can dictate curriculum, personnel, and students. Again, we will invite Congolese medical students to join our programs."

Kuroko

Mar 4, 2020
@Suvorov

Kosongo nodded as well, smiling softly and offering his hand to shake. "I accept your offers, and will inform my superiors right away. You will be allowed to build your teaching hospital, perhaps in Kinshasa, so long as the educational council is able to oversee certain curriculum. However, these restrictions are minor, involving the politics and history of the Congo, and are only a measure of caution to avoid foreign teachers teaching biased half-truths. I do not expect any Japanese teachers to do this, however, and there are no limits on medical teaching, so I am sure your project would be met with little restriction whatsoever. Thank you, Mister Minorikawa."

Suvorov

Addict
Jan 18, 2020
Nobuhide thought for a moment, "We understand your country's concerns, however, I have been instructed to ensure that this hospital is free to dictate its own curriculum. Perhaps a compromise? They will submit their curriculum to your Ministry of Education. If the curriculum is found to contain any teachings found to be racist against Congolese, your ministry may submit a complaint and we will investigate. If we disagree on the contents of the curriculum after we investigate, let us submit the disputed portion to an international medical board for final review. We do not wish for your people to suspect our medicine but our doctors do not want to be held back if there is an intellectual disagreement over treatment. This system will ensure that only truly racist and offensive material is filtered out of the curriculum. Once we can agree to these terms, we will begin the project. We should also begin to organize the teachers and trainings in your home country."

@Kuroko

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II