STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Diplomatic Cable | < Spain >

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

220px-Flag_of_West_Germany%3B_Flag_of_Germany_%281990–1996%29.svg.png

Auswärtige Angelegenheiten
Federal Office of Foreign Affairs
social-media-data.png

AUTHENTIC COMMUNIQUE OF THE OFFICE OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Security Clearance: Secure and Encrypted​
[Recipient]: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Spain Zak
[Sender]: Office of the Foreign Minister of the Federal Republic of Germany < @BEluckeMOFA.de.gov >
[BCC]:[/align][Subject]: French Economic Coercion against Germany
Dear whom it may concern,

In light of the French Imperial Government's imposing of a sanctions regime against the Federal Republic of Germany, including attempting to use Airbus, a multinational corporation including shareholders from Spain and Germany to economically coerce the German people, its Government, and its democratically elected leadership. Its intentions both clear and directly expressed are to overthrow the democratically elected government of Germany. In its statement the French Foreign Ministry said "As one of the signatories on the Treaty of Final Settlement with Respect to Germany, the French state has a direct role on German governance." It added that "The Ministry hopes that this measure... [will] also pose as a rallying point for the German people to overthrow their government."

I am reaching out to you today to ask for your support in releasing a joint-statement that we reject the weaponization of Airbus as shareholders and members of the group. As part of this rejection we endorse Germany's position that these measures are economic coercion and their current use of the pretext of the treaty of final settlement is baseless in international law.

We hope that this joint-front will limit France's ability to run amok with Airbus, while the remaining companies are indeed French and therefore out of the authority of either of our countries we should recognize Airbus is jointly owned.

Additional I hope we can have Spain's support when we challenge the French Imperial Government's position

The statement reads as follows:

We, the undersigned representatives of Germany and Spain, hereby issue this joint statement to express our collective rejection of France's invocation of the Treaty of Final Settlement with Respect to Germany as justification for its recent actions. We align ourselves with Germany's position that the powers of the occupational authorities ceased with the signing of the treaty.

Furthermore, we categorically assert that Airbus is a multinational corporation with shareholders in both Spain and Germany, as well as being made up of German companies, and that France does not have total ownership over the corporation and that we shall respect the rights of the German parties to maintain their Airbus affiliation and operations.

We lastly reject the right to interfere in the internal affairs of Germany, and by extension, no entity should exploit its powers to enforce economic coercion for the purpose of influencing governmental change. Germany's sovereignty, as enshrined in international law, is inviolable, and any attempts to undermine it through economic measures are deemed unacceptable.

We call for a diplomatic resolution to address any disputes and encourage all parties involved to engage in dialogue to promote mutual understanding and cooperation. We stand united in safeguarding the principles that underpin a stable and peaceful international order, where the rights of nations are respected, and sovereign equality prevails. We further stand united in safeguarding the economic order which underpin a stable and peaceful Europe where the rights of nations are respected and legal economic activities prevail.

If the language above is acceptable we would be happy to receive your signature on behalf of your government. If you wish to tweak the language of the statement please inform me of such desires and I am happy to speak with you regarding it.

Signed,
Bernd Lucke
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Germany

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Government of Spain
Security Classification: ENCRYPTED

Dear Minister Bernd Lucke

It is an absolute pleasure to hear from your office, when I was informed of the current dealings within Europe at my morning briefing, I was concerned to hear of the sanctioning of German government officials and civilians by the French government. Spain absolutely condemns the statement issued by the French government and have summoned the Ambassador to meet with me in person to call for an end to tensions and remove all sanctions. I have issued a statement to the press earlier today which reads the following.

"The Kingdom of Spain condemns the recent imposition of sanctions by France on Germany. We strongly believe that such an approach further exacerbates tensions and undermines the progress of peace and stability that we tirelessly strive to achieve in a united Europe. The challenges facing Europe today require a continental approach characterized by solidarity and a deep sense of shared responsibility. It is only by nurturing an environment of peace, understanding, and compromise that we can address the root causes of discontent and work towards a harmonious and prosperous future for all. In conclusion, we reiterate our firm condemnation of the French sanctions imposed on Germany and urge both nations to move towards peaceful resolution. Let us embrace the ideals of tolerance and cooperation, ensuring that the past serves as a solemn reminder of the consequences of division, but never as a barrier to a brighter, more peaceful future."​
We will update your office accordingly of any progress made in my meeting with the French Ambassador. You can also be pleased that I can offer Spain's support when you challenge the French government's position.

Kind Regards,
José Manuel Albares
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of Spain

Jay

• Love
Reactions: Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

social-media-data.png

[Sender]: Office of the Foreign Minister of the Federal Republic of Germany < @BEluckeMOFA.de.gov >
Dear Minister Albares

It is with pleasure that I receive the Spanish Government's support against the French Empire's attempts to economically coerce Germany. We recognize the seriousness of their actions as a threat to European peace and stability and commend Spain's efforts to maintain the European post-war order built on mutual respect, diplomacy, and cooperation.

We hope that your government will also release an official position against Franc invoking the Treaty of Final Settlement and clarify that this treaty does not give France any powers over Germany's internal affairs nor does it justify the use of economic sanctions against Germany.

I look forward to positive updates from your talks with the French and hope that reason and European sensibility will overcome their hostilities against the German people and its government.

Signed,
Bernd Lucke
Federal Republic of Germany

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Government of Spain
Security Classification: ENCRYPTED

Dear Minister Bernd Lucke

I thank you for your correspondence and will update you accordingly of the progress between the French and Spanish meeting. I also have another toptic to discuss on behalf of the Minister of Defence, as part of the Spanish Armed Forces modernisation programme, we are looking to outfit our branches with the most up to date technology whilst using this to project our armed forces so that it has a world wide capabilities including peacekeeping. Our armed forces already has German-made equipment and we want to ask Germany that we're allowed to continue to produce German made equipment without the risk of being stopped and/or blocked.

Upon completion of our white paper, we can also offer our guarantee that we will also be wanting to purchase more equipment from the Konsortium der Landsystemexporteure and Nationales Konsortium für Marineexporte companies.

Kind Regards,
José Manuel Albares
Kingdom of Spain

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

social-media-data.png

Dear Minister Albares

Prior to any confirmation on the localized production of German products I must consult the defense ministry and the respective consortium supplier. However, I can say that any use of German equipment will likely require agreements on inspections and a monitoring regime.

Additionally it is likely a localization license will require payment of a fee. If your government has a list of weapons you wish to use please share it to allow us to make a detailed assessment before committing to anything in writing.

Regardless, Germany is ready to be a stable and long-term partner for Spanish defense requirements and we are eager to be there from the beginning. Please keep my office informed of your needs and we will be happy to lobby for the expedited delivery of defense systems.
Kind regards,

Signed,
Bernd Lucke
Federal Republic of Germany

• Love
Reactions: Zak

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member