STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Diplomatic Cable to The UK

Baer

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2021
A Private and encrypted diplomatic cable would be sent-

To: Lawrence Adams, Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs

Greetings Mr. Secretary,

This is Ochuko Bonny, the newly appointed Foreign Minister of Nigeria. I wish to extend to an open greeting of friendship from the people of Nigeria and our newly elected President Akuwhukyu Acho. He has grand plans to rebuild Nigeria from the ground up. To tap into our nation's greatest resources and use them to rebuild Nigeria's economy, infrastructure and to do what is best for its people. It is our sincere hope that we could partner with the United Kingdom in these efforts. For now, I have been tasked with opening trade routes between our two nations and ensuring we always have an open line of communication.

Yours with great sincerity,

Foreign Minister of Nigeria, Ochuko Bonny

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
UK-Nigeria
Security Classification: TOP SECRET

State Secretary Emma Ryan was forwared the email and tasked with handling the relations between the new Nigerian government and the British Government. With this added responsibility, she would pick up the phone and dial the number to hopefully get through to the Nigerian Foreign Office, requesting to speak to Minister Bonny regarding the email and the prospect of trade and cooperation between the two countries.

Baer

Baer

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2021
Sitting in his office, the multi-tasking Foreign Minister Ochuko Bonny, would be simultaneously reading an op-ed in International Herald Tribune, glancing up here and there at CNN International whilst jotting down notes for an aide to transcribe about an upcoming meeting would hear his phone ring.

Pressing the red flashing button he would answer. Upon confirming from his Secretary that the phone line was private and who the caller was he would have the call patched through.

"Good morning, Madame Secretary. It is good to hear from you. I hope you are not too busy," he would slightly chuckle. "I would like to discuss a few things with you."

Jamie

Last edited:

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Emma sat patiently for a few moments before hearing the static from the other phone, followed by the voice of Foreign Minister Bonny. "Ah Minister, Good Morning." she spoke optimistically "Always busy! I think that's the best way to be though, never a dull moment. How are you? I'm happy to see this as the first line of communication between our governments, definitely something that is well overdue." she added.

Baer

Baer

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2021
"Yes, I agree, better to be busy than have nothing to do at all. Currently, I am looking at a cast of candidates in line for an ambassadorship to the UK. Of course I want them to be well versed in your countries history and customs with a keen eye on finance. Speaking of which, in addition to diplomatic ties, I have been charged with opening economic channels as well. In particular, Nigeria is interested in importing pharmaceuticals and organic chemicals. Perhaps you British tea connoisseurs, would be interested in Nigerian cocoa? I have a feeling there will be a huge market for it down the road."
Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Most definitely" Emma responded "The aspect of trade with Nigeria is something we are very much keen on doing, we would be able to commit to weekly transits, delivering pharmaceuticals and organic chemicals to a port of your choice, if you have a preference? Our freight could deliver the goods, and return with Nigerian Cocoa, I am sure it would be a huge seller. If there's a best port of choice, I can get that arranged at the end of the call." she smiled, taking notes of the discussion thus far. "I think this would be a great first step to developing relations between the UK and Nigeria, and hopefully something that can be built upon further."

Baer

Baer

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2021
"Oh, yes. Yes, it will be. Um, I think it would be best for your goods to be sent to Port Harcourt for the time being. Actually we are well, not contemplating, but actively pursuing a complete overhaul of the port. Something akin to the size port of Singapore. Perhaps that is something the future Nigerian Ambassador can discuss with you. I thank you once again for taking the call and for opening ties with Nigeria. I look forward to hearing from what my Ambassador has to say about furthering relations."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"That sounds ideal, I can arrange for the trade routes to be submitted to depart from the UK to Harcourt, and back to the UK after exchanging the resources. We would very much like the opportunity to work with your government further and develop relations in many ways. As you are no doubt aware, there is a lot going on from the tensions over South Africa, the civil war in Russia, to name a few examples. Might I inquire as to your governments stance on these, and what your existing foreign policies are in general?"

Baer

Baer

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2021
Minister Bonny would jot down notes into his laptop. A smile of exhalation across his face. More good work getting done for the country he thinks to himself. "Excellent, Madame Secretary. I will make sure the trade routes are arranged from Nigeria. Once an ambassador is appointed their first duty will be to arrange for the weekly shipments of Nigerian Cacao to the UK."

Minister Bonny would pull his head away from the receiver for a quick sip of tea, hoping the Secretary did not hear his faux pas, before answering the volley of questions thrown at him.

"Madame Secretary, concerning the tensions in South Africa," he pauses this time not for tea, but to collect his thoughts, wiping a few tears out of the corner of eyes before he goes on.

"Madame Secretary, the following words I say, I speak not only for myself, but for also my president. And also the new generation growing up under our leadership.

To say that another European colonizer has come upon African shores on the eve of the 21st century, I will go out on a limb and say privately, we find it sickening. On the world stage, as a burgeoning democracy Nigeria must remain silent for now."

"If this was 2002, Nigeria would not have let this happen. Especially since it seemed the South African war declaration was just a ruse anyway. It seemed as if the Swede's paid off the South African government with golden parachute's so they could plunder the country."

There is another long pause.

"Excuse me Madame Secretary, this is a bit difficult to swallow."

But he would go on. "Madame Secretary, Both the President and I were raised abroad in the States. We don't know the colonial period. Our parents know it. But we decided back in Graduate school, we were going to take what we could from the colonial period and build upon it. Over 20 million Nigerians call English their Native language, or about ten percent of our population.

There are more Nigerian speakers of English as a first language than there are in Ireland, New Zealand, or Scotland, and about the same number as in Australia.

The President and I want to build on this foundation. This is Nigeria's future. We accept and embrace our past. But it will never define us.

I would like you to work with the next Ambassador, and Minister of Education, and our Minister of Education, whom, I think if this program is agreeable to you, will be semi-permanently based in the UK on our Teacher Back To School Act.

A program designed to train teachers from Nigeria and its administrators in developing core curricula for Nigerian students. In particular, we would like to adopt the Key Stage Program, but adapt it for Nigerian students who come from various different backgrounds and circumstances."

Minister Bonny and again apologize for taking a sip of tea.

"Sorry for the mouthful. Penny for your thoughts?"

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Perfect, we look forward to seeing trade commence and the start of a true relationship between the United Kingdom and Nigeria. Emma fell silent, allowing her Nigerian Counterpart to respond to the questions posed, nodding occasionally to show that she was actively listening before chirping in. "The program you mention sounds very interesting, I don't see why it's not something that can be worked on and developed together. The history and past of our countries should be used as lessons, to learn from them and prevent the same mistakes is what everyone should be doing - as you said, embracing our pasts and building the future.

This is something that is often overlooked by many but hopefully together, we can make the first steps to a brighter future for everyone. I have no doubt that that this would go ahead. When would you be looking for such program to be implemented? Furthermore, we would like to offer to cover up to 80% of any associated costs as a gesture of goodwill, and to show our support to your people through this endeavour."

Baer

Baer

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2021
"Thank you for taking interest in the program. It is something the Nigerian people are in dire need of and well, deserve. I will begin coordinating the effort as soon this phone call is finished.

There is one other task I have been asked to pose to you. We have sent out feelers to a number of countries and firms but have not yet fielded much of a response.

Nigerian infrastructure is beyond repair, in fact in needs a complete overhaul from the ground up to move move people and goods and services at a more efficient rate.

We have a national railway protect planned as well as a national highway project. They will both give the economy a much need boost, as well as create permanent and temporary jobs. And more importantly, improve the lives of the people and keep more kids in school and not in street hustling.

We have Nigerian Railways, maintained by a loyal, but undermanned and undertrained staff. The same as the Federal Highway Roads Maintenance Agency. We have allocated the funds. We just need the expertise. Perhaps we could set up a meeting with British Railways? As far as our highway project, we realize Balfour Betty this is not a state agency, but perhaps we can some in roads there for our highway project."

Bonny finally exhales and chuckles.

"This is probably a lot to throw on your plate all at once. But I want to get this done."

Jamie

Baer

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2021
Minister Bonny would clear his throat. "Beg your pardon, Madame Secretary. Are the things we have discussed viable, in the sense that we need your assistance, but we can pay for these projects on our own."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Clearing her throat, the British Secretary nodded slowly. "I can't speak for British Railway but I am certainly open to arranging a meeting but given your descriptions and what you are hoping to achieve, may I suggest another option?

It would work out cheaper for yourselves, but the British Army have entire regiments dedicated to logistics and engineering and I think, if agreed by your government, that a deployment to Nigeria to support your agencies would be more beneficial. This would give our military personnel some experience in such a supportive role and see your infrastructure supported by us. Naturally, unless you thought there was a risk, this would strictly be to support infrastructure and no weapons would be put in the country. We would be happy to supply trucks and engineering machinery, or we are happy to use local ones. The amount of personnel would be at your discretion, we could simply send a small team to help train, or we can send more. It's just an idea, I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts."

Baer

Baer

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2021
"Yes, well, before we get to the railway project. Could we first go over our economic agreement. Britain agrees to commit to weekly transits, delivering pharmaceuticals and organic chemicals to a Port Harcourt, Nigeria and in return Nigeria will export weekly Cacao to Britain, just please specify a port as our is brimming with new container ships.

Moving on, as far as building the railway, we have the knowledge and the money to build the railway, what we cannot do is manufacture the train-cars. It is imperative of course. Nigerian Railways can take the five years to research and design our own, but I believe, and my President mostly certainly believes that time is of the essence.

We need to get this project rolling. Governments work closely with corporations all of the time. We are asking you to facilitate the process. If you cannot that is fine. We will stay in touch. We still have other projects like the Study Abroad Program. But one project at a time.

We believe the Railway Project is paramount above all else."

Jamie

Last edited:

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II