STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Establishing Diplomatic Contact with Russia

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/encrypted

"Exactly, yes, we both see this the same way. Making several consecutive commitments over time rather than rushing one large treaty will give Ukrainians the greatest feeling of security--and for that you'll gain their trust. It will be slower, but this is actually an advantage. We will have time to ensure only the most legally sound, most beneficial agreements for both of us will be introduced. Plus it will be infinitely easier to have documents ratified individually rather than an omnibus treaty."

He pulled an identical copy of the document from his briefcase and signed both. "I suggest we announce this plan for Crimea after the reparations projects have begun, that way no one can make accusations of it being a disingenuous or conditional apology. The positive public reaction will generate plenty of momentum when it comes to actually ratifying the treaty. From there the friendship between our countries can only grow."

Once he had finished signing he would set down his pen and raise his glass. "To our partnership in Crimea: may it reforge any bonds which were broken, may Russia and Ukraine remain together as they should forever be."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/encrypted

Yeltsin would smile and raise his glass in return."To our partnership!" he repeated simply before taking a swig."The first of many steps... and the first of many drinks I suppose and hope." he said with a nod."With that matter settled, is there anything else we should discuss you think?"

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/encrypted

“Yes. Sadly, there are two things for which Ukraine must apologize. First, there was an incident between our ambassador to Argentina and their minister of foreign affairs… We were still weary of Russia’s intentions at the time and attempted to solicit verbal support from Argentina for Ukraine’s claims to Crimea.” He cleared his throat. “I’m aware you have two daughters, so, I hope you’ll understand this analogy: Ukraine views the people of Crimea as her children, and when they were taken from us—as unintentional as it was on your end—many Ukrainians viewed this as something of a hostage situation.

But regardless of our reasons, this was a treacherous course of action for Ukraine to take. We have undermined your authority, which is dangerous for both of our peoples. This is a mistake that was not and shall not be repeated. From now on we will come to Russia when there is an issue rather than displaying any weakness in our relations for others to exploit.

Second, I must apologize for my predecessors’ actions in 1995. The communist leadership of Ukraine knowingly and willfully infringed on your borders and supported an insurrection against your lawful government. We have a majority of their leadership in custody and they will be facing trial soon for separate federal offenses. Should Russia have any extradition requests following their sentencing here, we would be willing to consider them.”

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/encrypted

"Well, I can understand all that. However, may I make a suggestion?" Yeltsin asked leaning forward a little."You should let them go. Anything you do to them will simply make them martyrs in the eyes of the hardliners and strengthen their resolve. When I say let them go, all I mean is be lenient. The hardliners at this point are completely discredited. The winds of freedom have blown them away, and history will remember them as the regressive they are."

He said with a slight pause.

"But, that is merely a suggestion. One made from the fact they are out of power. There are still many hardliners out there in power as you know. If we are to ever make progress, we must show them that we don't need their draconian ways to succeed. Tear them down, replace with this way that way."

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/encrypted

He considered this for a moment. "I cannot control court verdicts." He said plainly. "But If Russia does not see any advantage to extraditing them and trying them for their crimes against Russia, then they will remain in Ukraine. We will see how the trial concludes. We no longer have a death penalty, which is more mercy than they would offer us had they maintained their power, but then we are not like them. Things are changing in independent Ukraine, and attempting to stop this change would be like attempting to stop the turn of the seasons."

He would pour another round of drinks, toast to the end of communism in both their countries, and then lean back in his chair.

"Of course, it has not ended everywhere, you are right... I get the feeling you are referring to one country in particular?"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/encrypted

"Belarus."

Yeltsin would say with a pause after having taken a shot.

"But, things are ever changing. The situation may resolve itself. You see, the Republic of Ukraine and Russian Federation must work together to end the threat of Soviet Hardliners. Like those who will see justice in Ukraine. Totalitarians must be contained especially when they are on our borders. We of course have our own interests which will make us skirt the line, but I believe there is a clear difference yes?

In your opinion, what is the greatest threat to the prosperity of our people's?"

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/encrypted

"Oh."

After a moment he would again fill both glasses, this time drinking without a toast. He wouldn't speak right away.

"That is a complicated question. Russia's answer would differ from ours, just as our foreign policy goals differ. But, of course, I can at least agree these left over Soviets are a threat to us both--is that what you are asking? I'm sure Russia will address any security threats from Lukashenko's Belarus justly."

He reached for the bottle, "more vodka for my brother."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/encrypted

"Thank you."

Yeltsin would smile.

"I am glad that we are in understanding of steps that must be taken. However, there is something else. Recently Saddam showed the world that they could no longer rely on countries like the US and Britain for protection, to enforce status quo. This is a grave threat. Already nations move to try and fill the power vacuum. What is your opinion on this?"

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/encrypted

"There is no vacuum. Before the end of the Union, Soviet Russia kept step with the Americans despite the impairments of communism. Today, we are seeing just how strong your country truly is. Totalitarian regimes will no longer hold you back. Russia can address any issues caused by the temporary decline of the United States. That is your responsibility, is it not? As the most powerful country in the world its your duty to ensure justice, peace, and freedom are preserved. You are already doing that for Ukraine."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/encrypted

"Why, flattery will get you everywhere."

He said with a chuckle.

"While we are aware that the US and their decline has left us by default the most powerful, I am rather aware that our military is not entirely up to the task. As you know, due to financial reasons which ave effected us equally, there had to be massive scaling back of military budgets. Which was for the best. That massive military budget was choking the life out of at the time our country. Money that could have been used towards the enrichment of the people was being used on something we could not sustain. Thus, I have a more modest plan for a military rebuild. Obviously we no longer have the manpower for a 8 million strong army. But together, we can accomplish so much. Thus, as a part of the agreement we are making I would like to add a discreet verbal agreement. That the Russian Federation will assist the Republic of Ukraine in building up to force. This way, we can together ensure our goals around the world, and that way the Republic of Ukraine will not feel that it has to rely on Russia."

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/encrypted

He shrugged,"Is it flattery if it's true? You asked for Ukraine's opinion, that is our sincere view. As for military aid, we would like that very much.

We have a defined territory, a permanent population, a government capable of enacting legislation and entering relations with other countries--Ukraine is by definition a legitimate state, but our greatest fear is that we will not be able to keep it that way. Our military should provide security, but the Soviet Hardliners left it in chaos. We would consider any assistance from Russia in strengthening our defenses and securing our independence to be one of the greatest acts of friendship you could provide.

In the long term, we do not want to be dependent on Russia. We would like to be a useful partner. In the future, a stronger Ukrainian military would allow us to assist you in return. We're pleased to inform you that the Spetsnaz you already provided funding for will complete their initial training by the end of this week."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/encrypted

"Very good. Now for funding the additional growth of your military I will need to seek approval. How much do you need to get established from your current point? We also will be giving you 15% of the black sea fleet so keep that in mind. I do think it would be best for us to focus on ground forces?

I think we are looking towards a very bright future between our two nations."

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/encrypted

"I agree, I think--" Before President Yushchenko could finish his sentence, they were disturbed by a knock at the door. An aid from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs would enter, looking somewhat flustered, he held a manila envelope containing two files briefing both men on the entirety of the recent phone call between Ihor Kharchenko and Pavel Grachev, including two Ukrainian-signed copies of the
Temporary Emergency Admittance Agreement

Purpose:

Considering the present and active offenses of Romanian aggression; Considering Romanian threats of violence and cultural eradication against the Moldovan people; Considering Romanian threats of violence against the people of Ukraine; Given the mutual bond of fraternal fealty between the Russian and Ukrainian peoples; Given the responsibility of each country to preserve the peace in East Slavia as well as the rest of the world, the Russian Federation and Republic of Ukraine agree as follows:

Implementation:

Article 1

Armed-forces units under the jurisdiction of the Russian Federation will be granted admittance into the Republic of Ukraine in order to subdue Romanian hostilities. Russian armed forces will be allowed in Ukraine for up to twelve (12) days unless the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine approves additional time allowances.

Article 2 A
Under this agreement, Russian military personnel shall be permitted to travel through the Republic of Ukraine unharassed. The Russian Federation shall not target, attack, or otherwise harm Ukrainian institutions or Ukrainian persons.

Article 2 B
Ukrainian law enforcement agencies shall inform the proper Russian authorities present if a member of the Russian military has or is suspected of committing a crime beyond their deployment site. The Russian Federation shall assist in the suspect’s arrest. In turn, Ukrainian law enforcement shall provide assistance in the arrest of persons who have committed a crime or who are suspected of committing a crime against Russian military personnel who are temporarily located within Ukraine.

Article 3
The Republic of Ukraine shall offer and make available the use of its state hospitals, should Russian military personnel require medical aid and comfort.

Article 4
The Russian Federation recognizes the right of the Republic of Ukraine to expel foreign armed-forces from its borders at anytime.

Article 5 A
Both the Republic of Ukraine and the Russian Federation agree to enter talks for a permanent non-aggression pact and mutual defense treaty within six (6) months from the signing of this temporary agreement.

Article 5 B
The Republic of Ukraine will submit this temporary emergency admittance agreement to the Verkhovna Rada within three (3) days. Within nine (9) days of the signing of this treaty the Verkhovna Rada will vote to approve or reject the agreement. The Verkhovna Rada may introduce reasonable amendments to said agreement. The Russian Federation will be notified of the bill's progress.

Article 6 A
The Russian Federation shall keep the Republic of Ukraine informed on military operations and activity within the Republic of Ukraine's borders. The Russian Federation recognizes the Republic of Ukraine's right to assign Ukrainian officers to Russian military units within Ukraine's borders for oversight. The Republic of Ukraine recognizes Ukrainian officers hold no command over Russian military personnel, except in the case of violations of Ukrainian law within Ukraine's borders.

Article 6 B
Article 6 A of this document shall be clarified further by the Verkhovna Rada. Russian and Ukrainian authorities agree to work together to address any violations of Ukrainian law should they be committed by Russian military personnel.

Enforcement:

Article 6
The parties agree to convene and discuss any perceived violations of this document with each other as the first step for enforcement. The parties agree that this document will be enforceable with the International Court of Justice. The parties agree that violations of this document found by the International Court of Justice will result in a $5,000,000,000 fine penalty payable by the offender to the harmed party.

Legality:

Article 7
The Russian Federation and the Republic of Ukraine hereby bind themselves to the terms of this document. Each signatory asserts that they have the authority under the laws of their state to sign this document and to enforce it.

Signatories:

For Russia

Minister of Defense
For Ukraine

Ihor Kharchenko

First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs

Oleksander Chalyi

Second Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs

Borys Hudyma

Third Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs

Vasyl Sobkov

First Deputy Minister of Defense

Viktor Yanukovych

Prime Minister

Kazymyr Leshenko

Chariman of the Verkhovna Rada Defense Committee

Pylyp Dorosh

First Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Defense Committee

Borys Dotsenko

Second Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Defense Committee

Leonid Stepanyuk

Secretary of the Verkhovna Rada Defense Committee
Date 24 July 1997

"It's always the damned Balkans," Yushchenko muttered, adding his name to the list of signatories for Ukraine.

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/encrypted

"Well then, it seems a lot has happened during my visit here. This is most unfortunate. Hmm, what to do."
Yeltsin sat back looking at the document thinking on it. Taking a sip of his drink obviously having not expected such a turn of events. He was expecting something, but not this.
"Well, obviously Russia cannot stand idly by as Romania does this. I am sure that everyone has made informed decisions on this matter."
He said with a nod before adding his own signature.
"There we go... I do hope that this situation resolves itself quickly. I do not take lightly putting boots on the ground. But it seems this situation has become unavoidable."

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
“I’m sure you do take it seriously—we do as well,” Yushchenko nodded. His reflex to continue refilling Yeltsin’s glass was now automatic. “Anything which concerns our brothers is of equal concern to Ukraine. This situation underscores the importance of building up our ground forces, as I said, we would like to be useful. The issue for Ukraine isn’t…” He drummed his fingers against the table, avoiding eye contact. “It’s not really a funding issue. It's more of, well, a knowledge and experience issue. We just need some consulting when it comes to structuring, if that's possible.”

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/encrypted

"Hmm, well, I am sure that we can lend a hand. I can have some military advisors dispatched once I return to Russia. Though what happened? Did you get rid of the experience Officers that the Republic of Ukraine had after the breakup of the Soviet Union? This is most troubling. I am not expert but maybe a combine exercise once this whole Romania thing is dealt with is in order?"

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/encrypted

“There were resignations, retirements, and dismissals in the first years after the Union dissolved. Nothing too dramatic though. We had restructuring to do and it would have been an undertaking, but possible--But then there was that Symonenko mess. Remember, the Neo-Soviets weren’t just causing problems in Russia, they had full control of Ukraine for about a year. They had a restructuring project that was very different from Kravchuk’s, they made their own dismissals… And now here we are again, the fourth government in less than a decade. But ours will be the one that lasts.” He raised his drink “I think we’ll be the most prosperous, too, since we’ll have Russia’s friendship. We would very gratefully accept your offers."

He paused for a moment. "We would like to be like Russia."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/encrypted

"Understandable. Those Soviet Hardliners made a mess of your military it seems. I can't blame you for not wanting to bring them back into the fold. So, with that in mind I can pledge my support towards your goal. I can have experts sent and have training exercises done. If you want your military to be like ours then structure will be a key part in that. I don't know a great deal about those matters, but I can have the MOD send a team to look at the way you currently structure and use your military. You will need to give them access though." Yeltsin would say taking a sip of his drink after clinking it against the other.

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/encrypted

“I mean in multiple ways,” he said, not really finishing the thought, he was too focused scribbling across yet two more sheets of paper. “Here. Advisors will be granted access on a person-by-person basis. Your assistance is incredibly valuable, but we realize Ukraine is no longer entitled to it as an independent state. So, we will pay you for your help. We'll work out details for training exercises at another point in time, for now I think this will do. What are your thoughts, concerns?”

Defense Consultation Agreement

Article I
The Russian Federation shall send personnel from the Russian Ministry of Defense to assist in the structuring Ukrainian armed forces and provide general counsel in defense matters. These consultants shall be approved individually by the Republic of Ukraine and shall be subject to Ukrainian law during their stay.

Article II
A) The Russian Federation shall not publicize or communicate to foreign entities information regarding the Ukrainian Armed Forces unless otherwise agreed by both the Russian Federation and the Republic of Ukraine.

B) Individual consultants shall not publicize or communicate to foreign entities information regarding the Ukrainian Armed Forces unless otherwise agreed by both the Russian Federation and the Republic of Ukraine.

C) The Republic of Ukraine shall not publicize or communicate to foreign entities information regarding the Russian Armed Forces unless otherwise agreed by both the Russian Federation and the Republic of Ukraine.

Article III
The Russian Federation recognizes the right of the Republic of Ukraine to expel foreign consultants from its borders at anytime. The Republic of Ukraine recognizes the right of peaceful and law abiding individuals to voluntarily leave Ukraine at any time.

Article IV
The Republic of Ukraine hereby agrees to pay the Russian Federation $2,000,000,000 USD (two billion USD) for advisement. $500,000,000 USD (Five hundred million USD) of this payment shall be made before the arrival of Russian consultants. The remaining $1,500,000,000 USD (One billion five hundred million USD) shall be paid upon their peaceful departure.

Article V
Agreements for joint military exercises shall be specified in a separate document or documents.

Article VI
The parties agree to convene and discuss any perceived violations of this document with each other as the first step for enforcement. The parties agree that this document will be enforceable with the International Court of Justice. The parties agree that violations of this document found by the International Court of Justice will result in a $5,000,000,000 fine penalty payable by the offender to the harmed party.

Article VII
The Russian Federation and the Republic of Ukraine hereby bind themselves to the terms of this document. Each signatory asserts that they have the authority under the laws of their state to sign this document and to enforce it.

Signatories

For the Republic of Ukraine:

256px-Viktor_Yushchenko's_signature.svg.png

Viktor Andriyovych Yushchenko

For the Russian Federation:

Date: Sept. 1997​

HeadlessSeeker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II