STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ETH] Message to the US

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
""Minister Belay, it does look like we can go forward. However, before the Federal Government can submit pricing or sell these products to Ethiopia, your government will need to make its first payment to the Federal Reserve System for the loan that your government has. I have been told that as of today, your government is now almost delinquent by four full days. Once this has been paid, though, we can move forward to the purchase of those other products, which I have the numbers for," the Ambassador said.

Naio90

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Oh, there must be some missunderstanding or misscommunication, I was informed that the transfer was requested and sent few days ago, before the due date of the first installment. Please verify that and elt me know in roder to correct any error in the process."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
The Ambassador would make some secure phone calls and return. "Yes, you are correct Minister Belay. It appears that the Federal Reserve was not directly informed of the wire transfer, but they have now accepted the funds. Thank you for making that payment," she said with a small nod.

"Now, on to the products that you mentioned... Let me see if I have it correctly below. If so, here is the final price along with it," she said, and then handed a piece of paper to him that had the following.

Domestic Production License Issued
120x ICV Stryker
96x M119 howitzer
86x Oshkosh FMVT
288x Humvees
72x M270 MLRS
12x M88 Recovery Vehicle
72x Oshkosh HET M1070
144x M1A2 Abrams
18x Cessna T-41 Mescalero
6x Beechcraft C-12 Huron
12x Cyclone-class patrol ship
6x P-3C Orion
2x Celestial-class Frigates

United States Will Produce for Ethiopia
24x General Dynamics F-16C/D Fighting Falcon
6x Lockheed C-130H Hercules
1x MIM-104B PAC-1 Patriot Missile System
5x Lockheed AN/FPS-117
12x Northrop T-38 Talon

Total Cost: $2,941,000,000

Naio90

Last edited:

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Please, don't worry. I understand that we all have many things on our plates. We will make sure the next payment is properly and ahead of time informed to the correct authorities."

The Minister of Defence would review the provided documents and check the numbers with some aides.

"Yes, this seems correct and acceptable. Is there any specific time period we have to produce everything on that list, from the first section of course?

Once that last thing is cleared up, we will transfer the funds immediatly.
"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"You have through the last day of July, 2002 to produce all of the products. We could allow an extension if you need it, however we normally prefer that items are built quickly so that the Department of Defense doesn't have to keep tracking who has built what when and when they are going to build it," the Ambassador said. She waited for her counterparts response as she gave him her undivided attention.

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Understood and noted, thank you for the clarification. I've been informed that the total sum of $2,941,000,000 has jsut been transfered to your accounts. Please confirm the correct reception."

Odinson

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"In addition to the already agreed order and licenses. How much would it cost us to acquire a general production license for the Oshkosh FMTV light truck? Operational needs will require a very large amount of these vehicles and it would be best to acquire the license itself. Obviously we would sign a non-export clause and onlu utilize it for local productions.

If instead of a general sum, you prefer a "per unit" cost, we could offer you 5% royalty on each unit produced in Ethiopia.
"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"The United States does not issue general production licenses, as a matter of policy. However, we can issue a Limited Production License for the Oshkosh FMTV. Just name a number, regardless of how large, and we can approve it. Or, if you would rather purchase these in baches in able to avoid a large production cost, we can sell your government a LPL with an extended-production agreement in which your government would have an extended period of time to produce them so that you do not have to do it now, or even all at once," the Ambassador said.

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"We understand. Our current calculatios estimate a base requirement of 2050 Oshkosh FMVT. Would it be then possible to obtain the license to produce that number locally in Ethiopia, but include all different variants of it? Operational and logistic requirements demand us multiple different models such as bul cargo transport, fuel tanker, personnel transport etc.

On the other hand, was the US able to start production on the equipment we ordered last time?
"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Yes, that would be acceptable. And because there has been a delay in producing your equipment there will be no charge for your government to produce those 2050 Oshkosh. I can confirm that all of the equipment that we said we would produce is currently under construction right now and will be shipped to Ethiopia as soon as it is finished," the Ambassador said.

"What else would you like to discuss?" Ambassador Rice asked.

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Oh, that is very generous of you. We appreciate the positive relationship adn friendship that has been developed between Ethiopia and the US these last months and look forward to see where the path of cooperation leads us.

I think that for the moment everything is settled. Thank you again for your time, Ambassador Rice.
"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Very well, it was a pleasure to speak with you. If your office or your government needs anything else please do not hesitate to contact me. Those productions we discussed will be completed on our side very soon; we look forward to getting them to you," she said. With that, if there was nothing else to discuss, Ambassador Rice would return to the American Embassy.

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The Minister of Defence of Ethiopia would once again request a private meeting with Condoleezza Rice, Ambassador to the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, to discuss the acquisition of a second batch of equipment for the Ethiopian Ground Forces.

Odinson

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
Humvee586
ICV Stryker240
M1A2 Abrams144
Oshkosh HET M1070144
M88 Recovery Vehicle24
M119 Howitzer120
M270 MLRS90

The present list of requested equipment would be privately and secretly provided to the US Department of State in anticipation of the requested meeting.

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Private

Ambassador Rice's office would securely inform the Minister of Defense's office that should would arrive to meet with him shortly after lunch. As promised, the Ambassador and her motorcade would arrive to the Foreign Ministry a few minutes after 1:00 PM. She was in a black, armored, Chevy Tahoe. Inside of the vehicle was the Ambassador as well as four armed Diplomatic Security Service agents (one of which was a driver) who were all armed with 9mm Glocks. The DSS agents were well-dressed in dark suits. Ambassador Rice herself was wearing a conservative pants suit and was carrying a briefcase with her. Her vehicle was driven to the Defense Ministry and, when appropriate, she would disembark the vehicle with her protective agents and inform the appropriate authority that she was there to see the Minister of Defense.

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
After the routine checks where complete, the Ambassador would be accompanied by an aide directly to the Minister of Defence's Office through a private elevator.

Minister Belay would receive Ambassador Rice at the door.

"Ambassador, so good to see you again, I hope Addis Ababa is treating you well! Please, come in! May I offer you something to drink?"

The meeting would be private.

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Ambassador Rice entered the private room and greeted Minister Belay.

"Minister, it's wonderful to see you again. Addis Ababa is a wonderful city, I am very happy to have been stationed here," she said. She politely declined a drink and took a seat if offered one.

"I presume that this meeting has to do with the list of equipment that was sent to the State Department?" she asked.

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Indeed, it seems that not only are our finances stabilizing after the big initian public infrastructure investment was done but that recent events in the region will demand our military forces to be at least capable of self-defence rather sooner than later.

We are happy with the equipment received from the US and have decided to move towards finishing the basic outfitting of our units with them.
"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Minister Belay, I have actually already spoken with the Defense Department, and the Department of State about this purchase. While the government typically charges a 100% rate to non-allied countries, especially for products such as the ones you have listed, the federal government is willing to offer a one-time deal where Ethiopia would pay $1,150,000,000, and get a Limited Production License for all of the items, at the aforementioned quantities that you have listed. Do you think that this is a fair proposal?" Ambassador Rice asked.

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Ambassador Rice, your offer would indeed fall within our parameters and we could proceed with the payment. However, we do need to mention that after this order, there would be a last batch (about half of the mentioned units here) remaining. Perhaps you want to update the numbers for those final additional vehicles to be included within the LPL."

Odinson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89