STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

France | Message to Portugal

Alexander

GA Member
Oct 11, 2023

196px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_July_Monarchy_%281830-31%29.svg.png

Empire de France
Ministère de l'Europe et des Affaires étrangères

From: Sophie Dubois, Ministre de l'Europe et des Affaires étrangères, France
To: Jaime Gama, Department of State, Portugal Bruno
CC: Isaac Castell, Ministre délégué en Ibérie, Ministère de l'Europe et des Affaires étrangères, France
Classification: Confidential

Subject: Enhancing Franco-Portuguese Relations

Your Excellency,

The French and Portuguese states share a large cultural, religious and linguistic base, and beyond that have often throughout the ages been friendly. In recent times, the Empire of France especially is still thankful for the role your government played in achieving détente with the Germans. An effort that is now bearing fruit in further talks and likely the closest France and Germany have been since the fall of the European Union. Furthermore, as you may be aware the Empress has recently re-emphasized her ambition for a united Europe and added especially unity among Catholic nations as two of the three foreign policy pillars of the Empire of France, and this has added another layer where we are especially appreciative of the Portuguese state.

Considering all these things, I would like to propose a meeting between our two governments to discuss the possibilities of far-reaching economic, cultural, and hopefully military cooperation so we can bring a sovereign Europe ever closer. Should you accept I would propose hosting this meeting on Portuguese territory in which case the Minister Delegate to Iberia, Isaac Castell, can arrive as soon as desired. Minister Castell is part of my own Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and has the full negotiating power of any other Minister-level French official so he is empowered to negotiate and agree to treaties on behalf of Her Imperial Majesty and the people of France.

I hope you will agree with our sentiments and look forward to seeing the future of our shared friendship.

Sincerely,
Sophie Dubois,
Ministre de l'Europe et des Affaires étrangères,

Last edited:

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
1024px-Coat_of_arms_of_Portugal.svg.png

SECRET

To: Sophie Dubois, Ministre de l'Europe et des Affaires étrangères, France, Alexander

I extend my sincere gratitude for your thoughtful proposal and the sentiments expressed regarding the longstanding friendship between our nations. Portugal values the deep cultural, historical, and diplomatic ties that bind us, and we are eager to explore avenues for further collaboration and cooperation. Your offer to discuss far-reaching economic, cultural, and potentially military cooperation aligns perfectly with our shared vision for a sovereign and united Europe. We believe that such dialogue holds great promise for strengthening our bilateral relations and advancing mutual interests! In response to your proposal, I am pleased to inform you we welcome the idea of hosting a meeting between our two governments to explore these possibilities and more opportunities. However, I must note that our President is currently not in Portugal. Nevertheless, upon his return, we will promptly inform you of his availability to schedule the meeting, unless you wish for it to be done in France?

In the meantime, we are prepared to receive Minister Delegate Isaac Castell at his earliest convenience. We assure you that Minister Castell will be accorded the appropriate hospitality and support during his visit to Portugal. We share your optimism for the future of our shared friendship and the potential for deeper cooperation between our nations. I look forward to the productive discussions that lie ahead and the opportunity to strengthen the bonds between France and Portugal.

Thank you once again for your gracious invitation, and please convey my warm regards to Her Imperial Majesty and the people of France.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Secretary of State
Department of State
Jaime Gama

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II