STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[GA] GAPFOR-Zimbabwe Communications Pannel

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
All member-states from the Global Assembly, participating in the current GAPFOR-Zimbabwe would be invited to this conference call, which would be private and heavily encrypted. Each member would have to appoint a representative to the conference in order to ease communications in the Force. They would be required to have one Military Representative of the nations forces in Zimbabwe.
The Provisional Government of Zimbabwe would also be invited to connect to the Panel with its own military official or equivalent.

ManBear J.Hyde Dutchy

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Poland representative would be set up in a secure conference room within the Ministry of Defense. Several aides were assigned to GAPFOR duties to relay information, paperwork, and coordinate with forces on the ground once they arrive.

"Good evening, fellow representatives. My name is Pułkownik Kacper Adamski. The equivalent rank would be Colonel for our eastern allies."

J.Hyde

Apprentice
Jul 31, 2020
Bruno ManBear Dutchy

The Chairman of The Provisional Executive Council, Trevor Hawkins, joined the call via secure encryption from the privacy of his office at Mugabe International in Harare.

"Hello, everyone. Forgive me for my lateness, I was detained by other matters for a while."

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Good Morning gentlemen, as you know the GAPFOR was created to ensure peace and the return to stability in Zimbabwe, however at this time the Spanish Command is finding it difficult to allocate Polish and Spanish forces, we hoped to have seen more participating members, I'm afraid that Poland and the Kingdom of Spain with the help of Zimbabwe, will have to carry this mission to the best of our capabilities. At this time, both Poland and the Kingdom of Spain have the capability to ensure that the North part of the nation is secured within the next following weeks. This being zone 1 and Zone 2, which will be assigned to Poland. Which is part of Operation Yellow Birch" As he was saying this the details of the GAPFOR mission would be sent on a private and encrypted way to the members in this panel.

"As you can see, Zone 1 and Zone 2 cover the entirety of the North of the Country, outside of the Capital, where a Forward Operating Base will be built in Chinhoyi in Zone 1 and Shamva in Zone 2, which will be able to accommodate 1000 Soldiers each and around 100 patrol vehicles, various logistic vehicles and around 10 Helicopters for scouting and support. We have chosen these cities because of their proximity to the Capital Harare. We are sure that Poland can easily bring stability to this region due to their great armed forces and discipline."

"The Kingdom of Spain, as the High Commanding nation of the GAPFOR will lead by example, and will be assigned the south of the nation, meaning Zone 3 and Zone 4 which are part of Operation Red Maple and work in cooperation with the Zimbabwe Military in Operation Persimmon which is Zone 5 and Zone 8. As you can see Zone 4 does not have a FOB, the FOB in Zone 3 will be assigned for both zones due to their proximity. We have chosen this way to the zone smaller sizes, however if we deem necessary, a FOB may be built in Zone 4 in Redcliff." He would pause

"In general we will not use foot infantry due to the size of the nation. Most scouting and patrol parties will move in APCs, IFV or Trucks. While we there will be an extensive use for Helicopters and Aircraft to easly patrol the nation ground. Movement of forces will be lower but effective. We will need to Control each named city on each zone, deploying a small OB in each of them, for 150 soldiers."

"Thoughts?"

J.Hyde Dutchy ManBear

J.Hyde

Apprentice
Jul 31, 2020
Dutchy ManBear Bruno

"At the present time, Zimbabwe lacks the equipment necessary to begin training a proper military force, however we are on the cusp of establishing our police force, which is an armed organisation that will be able to assist in military operations. It was a common sight during The Bush War for British South Africa Police constables to be embedded with, or lead, Rhodesian Army units for the purpose of securing the country from the threat posed by ZANU and ZAPU." Trevor replied. "However, they lack vehicles and weapons. We have attempted to obtain weapons, but we lack the funds and stability required for foreign nations to provide us with credit or the trust needed to give us weapons."

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Safe and Encrypted Transmission

"We apppreciate the compliments and the trust given to the Polish Armed Forces. We will gladly begin Mobilizing our forces to Harare before mobilizing our forces to FOBs located in Chinhoye and Shamva. As Polish High Command has seen fit to withhold assigned helicopters at this point in time, will Spain be providing those as support or will we need to petition the Ministry of Defense to assign a Air Wing to support our forces on the ground? In relation to air travel, our Global Assembly Representative has taken it upon himself to contact the Zaire to see if they would allow Peacekeeping forces to utilize an airport to mobilize from. It seems they have agreed to the use of Lumumbasa, I believe is the name of the airport."

The Polish colonel would stop talking as he conversed with a staffer away from the microphone.

"We are also in agreement to establishing an OB within the cities. Mr. Chairman, in relation to the Rules of Engagement, you stated that lethal force was to be avoided. Is that meaning that warning shots and wounding shots are considered to be a safe alternative and apart of the Roe? As for your armed forces, Poland can assign a Special Operations force that is proficient in training friendly forces to assist in training your armed forces and Police Force."

Bruno J.Hyde

Last edited:

J.Hyde

Apprentice
Jul 31, 2020
Bruno Dutchy ManBear

"It is highly preferable that no excessive force, such as wounding shots, are used upon citizens who are engaging in unruly behaviour. We are here to keep the peace, not stoke the flames of tension. I freely acknowledge that these rules are strict, but these are innocent civilians we are dealing with. If you are faced with a threat that is undeniably trying to kill you, or your men, such as a man with a knife, or a gun, then you have every right to shoot to kill, and I won't bat an eyelid. Otherwise, you are to exercise the utmost restraint and refrain from causing harm. I highly doubt that the average citizen will wish to cause you harm, but if you encounter hostiles with lethal intent, then you do not hesitate to kill them first. I'd rather everyone involved with UZACOM and GAPFOR get to head home without the aid of a coffin, but I'd equally prefer that civilian casualties are kept to a minimum, preferably zero. Hostiles will have rescinded their position as a civilian if they try to kill you."

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Sured and Encrypted Transmission

"I feel there was a misunderstanding on our part for not elaborating more, Mr. Chairman. We would never shoot at unarmed civilians and were merely referring to armed suspects. So as to be perfectly clear regarding the Rules of Engagement for Polish Peacekeeping forces, if my forces encounter an individual armed with a firearm, then they are to be considered as aggressors and my forces are clear to defend themselves with deadly force if it is decided? I just want to be sure my men are completely briefed and prepared for the situation on the ground. And we are in agreement. We do not wish to harm anyone but I do not want to send Polish Soldiers home in a box. Nor do I want to see Zimbabwean civilians being buries either.

As for the issues you stated with your armed forces, Mr. Chairman, Poland is prepared to task a Special Operations team with the skills necessary to assist in training your security forces to better protect your nation from rebels. Of course this is entirely up to you and your people, sir."

Bruno J.Hyde

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Commander would break the silence of the panel by asking the Polish the following,

"How will the Polish Forces arrive in Zimbabwe? If you need logistical help we can provide Tankers, Ships or even transportation to Zimbabwe. We are looking to deploy in the next days to start preparing the First MOB in Harare destined for GAPFOR forces, I believe that in order to not overburden the Harare Airport, it would be best to arrive in small groups with supplies to build the First MOB."

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
"Poland has prepared two C-130J Super Hercules aircraft and one C-5A aircraft to transport vehicles, personnel, and building supplies to Zimbabwe. We are in agreement with Spain that small groups would be best so as to not overtax Harare Airport. We have also been in talks with Zaire to allow the use of Lubumbashi Air Port for GAPFOR personnel. As for getting our forces to Zimbabwe, we will need refueling for the C-5 and C-130s on flights there and back. Though, we are amenable to flying C-130s to Spain and disembarked personnel there while utilizing the C-5 Galaxy to transport equipment, building supplies, and personnel. Though it will still require a refueling mission over the Med."

The Polish Commander had been working tirelessly with Logistics to work around the distance to travel issue.

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Perhaps it would be best to not involve Zaire as of yet, they are also working closely with the UZACOM, but I believe a bridge there could be strategically good." He would ponder for a few moments.

"Perhaps what we could do, would be for Poland to Deploy their C-130J and the C-5 Galaxy in a Spanish Military Air Base, near the Coast of the Mediterranean. Our McDonnell Douglas KC-10 Extenders could rendezvous with your planes for refuel, what is the max range of your planes so that we can make a few calculations as to when would they need to be refuelled? After this, the Kingdom of Spain would deploy a single or a pair of KC-10 Extenders to Zimbabwe, in order to aid incoming Boom accepting refueling. I believe both your planes are using the boom refuelling method correct?"

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Encrypted and Secured

"We would not be opposed to deploying to Spain first and traversing from there. It would allow the soldiers to acclimate to the heat of being closer to the equator before deploying to Zimbabwe. The C-5A galaxy has a max range at max payload of roughly four thousand kilometers, give or take a hundred. The C-130J roughly has a three thousand kilometer range. And yes, both aircraft utilize the boom method. We will begin mobilizing the transport aircraft to Spain once you notify us as to which airbase they will be basing out of."

J.Hyde

Apprentice
Jul 31, 2020
ManBear Bruno

"Before the power and radio broadcasting network went down, we put out a general nation-wide call for militia to be formed amongst the communities across Zimbabwe, so they could maintain some semblance of law and order in their insular bubbles consisting of their village or hamlet. As such, it is entirely possible that, once efforts are made to expand our reach beyond Harare, that you will encounter armed civilians. Since it will be difficult to determine whether they are militia or insurgent, that's why a degree of caution should be done, so that no incidents of green-on-blue friendly fire occur. So, I must reiterate, lethal force may only be considered authorised if, and only if, you are fired upon first. Even if, once the dust settles, it turns out that the person shooting was civilian militia, it will keep GAPFOR's name clean, since they only killed in self-defence. Does that make things more clear?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren