STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[GA] Resolution on International Financial Practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
The British Delegate for the GA, although later, attended and got caught up with the transcript of what had already been said before chipping in:
"Such proposal could cause some real problems, the British Government strongly believes that a nation should be responsible for their own financial dealings, the Global Assembly should not have the kind of power been proposed here to take the poor dealings of every country and business into its hands.. restricting this to countries eliminates the point of it, and allowing it to be used on private businesses would create ridiculous workload to manage any contracts that have financial implications. If a country deals with another, or a business, then that is their responsibility and should be dealt with by a national court, not an international forum such as the Global Assembly."

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Following Swedish registration and appointment of delegation. The Swedish Ambassador to the Global Assembly would take a transcript as he walks into the chamber and takes his seat, clutching in his right hand a small bag of Skittles. Thoroughly reading through the proceedings thus far.

NagandEmerald

His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Friedrich IV
Aug 18, 2018
Harald Braun would immediately raise his hands in immense thanks for the British Delegation's arrival to finally talk some sense into these morons.
"Thank goodness that you see the ridiculousness of this proposal! I have been saying this for the past few hours!" Harald would take his seat and take a relieved drink as he listened intently to what others had to say on the matter.

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"There is no ridiculous proposal here, just different opinions. Not all the world is obliged to think and act like you or your Government. We welcome debate and the multiplicty of participants, in order to give the final vote of this enough legitimacy to be adopted or not.

Some actors do care for the populations and think that they should not be victims of bad decisions they have no direct power on."

Retroliser

-Insert Intriguing Title Here-
Sep 6, 2018
"One's got to admire how as soon as someone voices an opinion that doesn't support the Argentinian delegation's proposal, they are proponents of lawlessness and evil, yet they also 'welcome debate and the multiplicity of participants'," Hakim remarked, while tapping the desk he was sat at with a pen. "It's most contradictory, if you ask me. Germany, along with myself and The UK, have expressed our derision and disapproval of this resolution. Are we, therefore, evil? What you fail to understand is that if this resolution passes, we, the ones who do not agree with it, will be legally obliged to adhere to it, due to our being members of The Global Assembly.

So, tell me, sir, do you agree with the idea of being forced, against your will, to abide by rules that you never supported?"

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"During all this debate, I tried to convince the rest of the nations with arguments and by stating Argentina's position on the matter. During this same time, you did nothing but directly attack the country I represent, going beyond arguments and by just plainly agraviting me with insults.

We welcome and respect other's opinions, as long as they are constructive and well backed with arguments, such as South Korea's or even the UK's, even though we do not share the same idea.

As for the last phrase, thats called democracy, and its the least worst form of Government.
"

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"And our 'opinions' are not constructive or well-backed with arguments?!" Braun raised his voice in protest and anger, now furious that the Argentinian government would dare to insult both the Ottomans and Germans with such a gesture.

"We started off in giving out our own opinions and indisputable facts as to why this was not a good proposal, and instead, 'you' have the audacity to congratulate the United Kingdom for essentially stating what we had already said before?!" Braun then stood up from his seat, slamming his left hand on the table as he did as the rest of his delegation tried to pull him back down as he pointed accusingly at the Argentinian delegation, in particular their ambassador to the GA. His fury had nothing to be held back by but his own willpower, and it took so much of it for him to simply remain standing from his seat and simply yell at the Argentinians; the nerve of them! How could they insult two nations with valid concerns, yet say that the British were just fine when they essentially stated the same points?!

"How 'dare' you! how dare 'you' insinuate that we have been nothing but trouble, even though we have done nothing but point out valid criticisms against your attempts to control our finance and economies! I will not take this sitting down! I will not allow you to sully either of our names any longer, I will —" Harald never got to finish as he was pulled away and out of the conference room by two other representatives of the German Reich. The last remaining member stood to quickly stumble in her apology on behalf of the German Reich.

"I do apologize for the behavior of his Excellency, and we would like to call for a recess of the German Reich before a vote is made in this assembly. I would also like to state, once again, that the Argentinian delegation knows of our opinion towards the proposal, and will not receive a vote for it in accordance to the issues that are prevalent to it." She then promptly walked out to talk down the raging representative as he went off about the "gall" and "audacity" of the "sub-par Argentinians".

D

Deleted member 5

Taiwanese representative at GA would raise his hand and speak, "Please calm down everyone. Argentinians are doing the right thing to establish the strong foundation on international financial practices. Let's just assume a country who borrows loans from an financial institute to fulfil their country needs but failed to pay money due to collapse government. So now we know the respective nation has breach the financial institute ethics, regulations and code of conduct. Doing arguments will not give you fruitful results. I agree with Argentinenian proposal. I would like to thank Representive Arguello for the draft proposal and the other representatives from the various nations for taking the time to come here and discuss this draft that has been proposed by Mr. Juan Arguello. I must rest my case.

Taiwanese representative would return to their seat.

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
The Nigerian delegation would arrive and read over the transcripts with significant interest.

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Honourable representatives, I stand with my Taiwanese colleague. The Global Assembly is a forum for debate, to allow nations to voice their opinions on proposed legislation. However, in the past we have seen too many instances where this forum has turned into a shouting match. I call upon the Secretary-General to maintain order in these chambers and punish those unable to continue a debate with the suitable behavior of a diplomatic representative."

Emira

Senior
Jul 8, 2018
The newly appointed Russian Ambassador to the General Assembly, career diplomat Vasily Alekseevich Nebenzya, took his seat and began took look over the transcript of the debate. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation had a clear stance on the current debate, however Ambassador Nebenzya wanted to get a clear understanding of the various positions of the other member states.

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Chinese Delegation would arrive, late, but would read all the Transcripts.

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Canadian Ambassador to the General Assembly would arrive in the chamber, reading transcripts as they sat down taking notes before briefly standing up and speaking "Canada agrees with their British Counterparts, a resolution like this can cause problems especially with the nations not apart of the global assembly. We believe it should be down to a nation to protect its civilians as well as the general population of the globe when it comes down to financial practices."

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Evidently nations within the chamber want to retain the power of their local courts rather than the reliance on the international community to resolve their issues, it takes the capabilities and respect from their own nation and passes the 'buck' to a pool of strangers... that's what I gather from every representative that's contributed this evening. I too think it's essential that we keep localised disputes local and internationally we shouldn't be getting involved with civil disputes, you have to remember that the things we are discussing are not criminal offences."

The Swedish ambassador goes on....

"Perhaps what this resolution requires is an acknowledgement of civil court processes and an international agreement to recognise and respect the laws of the nation in-which they trade - to reinforce this, the agreement as aforementioned should be scrapped and instead focus on the need for clauses and recognition necessary in ratified contracts"

"I do agree, the agreement as written at the moment will cause an international divide"

Last edited:

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"I just want to point out that the draft does mention local courts and recognizes its jurisdiction, only activating the GA when all internal and contract-related mechanism are exhausted."

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
"This is a clear and necessary act for our financial institutions to modernize into a 21st century international system. Currently International Credit is poor and centralized. This resolution protects nations who wish to loan or banks that wish to loan, and will thereby hopefully increase global credit and global living standards. We applaud the Argentine delegation for writing such a resolution for the benefit of the international community."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
After about 10 minutes of cooling down and regaining composure, Harald Braun and his delegation silently returned to their seats, keeping quiet on the matter so as not to make another scene. If anything, Braun might get a written warning from his superiors in Berlin on the matter, or worse, a suspension...but he doubted that they would fire him over such a thing. A passionate politician was always a good politician, in his eyes.

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Well, considering the lenght of the debate, I would like to propose to the Chair to proceed to the vote of the presented draft. If no one opposes to, obviously."

@Hollie

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
China would vehemently condemns this Resolution that that supplants any sovereignty a nation as over its financial system, it should put the final decision on that nations judicial system and not a outsider system like the ICJ which can be prone for lobbying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren