STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[GA] Resolution on the Sovereignty of French Overseas Possessions

Dragon

32 County Republic of Ireland
Sep 1, 2018
OOC: in accordance with rules stipulating membership within the global assembly, technically speaking Ireland is still a member of the GA as No nation once apart can actually withdraw.

IC:

"The Irish Republic cannot accept this resolution nor can it by extension accept the position of France as having dominion over these extra-territorial poscessions without the consent of those being governed. Independence should be granted to those poscessions wishing to pursue their own interests without having to default to a foreign entity. Those wishing to remain apart of France should have the option of doing so provided there be a referendum on the matter."

D

Deleted member 5

"It's not Irish concern to decide the fate of resolution of those territories."

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"So is the Representative for France saying that the GA as no authority over its member nations or other nations territory?" He asked while look at the French, whilst glancing over his own notes.

@Sumit

D

Deleted member 5

"We will respect the Treaty of Phillipsburg and again that's none of Chinese business to ask about these territories."

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"Considering that the exchange of these territories escalated global tensions by involving a third party in the Argentine-French War, it is all of our concern. The French and Dutch are not the only nations on the global stage, despite how much you seem to believe so."

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"So I'll take that France, like it continues to conduct itself on the world stage, since like you said its no one else business ,will not agree with the GA returning these...ahm..... Territories by giving them a legal referendum? Then why as France previously,so adamant on agreeing that Kosovo to be free and pushing for the GA to deliberate on it? I'm sorry but its rather confusing.. or better, when the shoes on the other foot, and its our own territory integrity, you immediately change your..ideals. But that is not why we are here.

Its either for or not for Mr.Representative. And I do believe that this resolution would probably also solve the conflict between your Nation and Argentina. But, since the GA as set this as a precedent, I don't believe you have a choice if the GA continues with this discussion, you can vote on it. But let me make a point here, if the GA agress on this, would France follow with its resolution? Or deny it all together?"

@Sumit

D

Deleted member 5

"Territories that were given by legal referendum. We are not discussing Kosovo here. Kosovo is an independent nation declared by GA. We have signed the treaty and we will not deny anymore fact about it. You both are saying these territories will solve the conflict of Franco-Argentine war but it will escalate more problems and put more fuel in the conflict. Let me give you a hypothetical example. If GA does not intervene in this conflict, and Argentina decides to take all territory back by force, then what will happen, more loss of human lives. Again, we can't let that happen. We can't see Argentina is being too powerful or becoming a overload to the world. We can not allow Argentina to get more lands from other nations.

I would like to ask you Mr. Chinese representative, you have not solved your own territorial disputes with Formosa yet? Am I right or not? China should relinquish the territories at the South China Sea, then we will decide if we will move or not with this resolution. No offense, China should think about their own territory such as giving independence of Bhutan and again please stop claiming your South China Sea islands. Let's leave this GA's hand to decide about this matter."

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
The Brazilian Reprsentaive Juan Valdez, himself would echo the Chinese delegates' statements. "Sorry Mr. French delegate. You wanted to give away your territories to the Dutch due to your own incompetence, or as you and the Dutch have said, "For their protection". Well know we have a solution for that altogether. Save them from your incompetence for all eternity. I suggest you just listen to the further proposals without interrupting.

D

Deleted member 5

"Brazilian I have not asked you and your opionion about who should I listen or not. I am not intrupting again. I bet you can't cover your face for Argentina. It's about French, and I will speak. You can't take my freedom. I must rest my case."

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Turning to the French
"So you are saying the GA deliberated on Kosovo to be independent...which is false. But if it did, why couldn't it deliberate on this? Its because its France now right? Also its a bold claim suggesting more loss of life, where your government didn't even care for the lifes that were lost at Alexandria which were deliberated by your Government, how can you say you are worried about life, when it means so little to you as blowing up civilians and military people?

Also, Chinese territorial disputes? Those were already put to rest with the previous governments of Vietnam and Taiwan. So your argument is invalid Mr.Representative." After the last remark France did about - Let's leave this GA's hand to decide about this matter - The Chinese would just chuckle

"So now you are in favor of the GA deciding on this resolution? You change coats on whim..China will offer no more comments on this issue after this final remark."

D

Deleted member 5

French Representative would mimic and mock Chinese representative by stretching her eyes. "Whatever,".

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Chinese would just semi-smirk on this action

"See gentlemen? You cannot have a civil discussion with Officials,Staff or even the Government of France.. They immediately mock their oppositions, with racist remarks and racis actions.... Truly childish."

D

Deleted member 5

Madame Dubois would smirk on the action and laughed very hard on Chinese actions. She would be very silent.

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Chinese would secretly talk among themselves in their native language, saying to each that if this was any other place the French would probably already attacked with fists and kicks, like a playground fight, they would even debate if it was needed to request a few bodyguards just for safety as the French was loosing their temper quickly due to only a political debate.

Dragon

32 County Republic of Ireland
Sep 1, 2018
The Irish delegate would stand up and turn his head towards his French counterpart pointing his finger at him.

"If it its not an Irish concern why does France involve itself in the Irish question by supporting an alien regime in the north....is that not in and of itself the very definition of hyprocrisy writ large... France has provoked the outrage of the Irish people and has with little foresight seen the lengths to which Irishmen will go to proclaim sympathies for Argentina's sovereignty....it's time we repay you and your damned country for abandoning us to Britain!"

He cleared his throat and sat down being visibly angered by France's double standard.

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
Gillian Bid, the Australian Representative would speak.

"For many years now, Australia has been monitoring the situation in New Caledonia and it's clear to us that a referendum needs to take place regarding independence, we think it would have a clear majority support on the island. As for Polynesia and Wallis and Futuna, there hasn't been a strong independence movement there but we would welcome a referendum. The Australian Government, heading one of the strongest democracies in the world, is willing to provide electoral assistance, along with security assistance if need be, similar to previous operations we have done in the past in the Solomon Islands and East Timor."

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018
This is an Announcement made by the Secretary General, Mr. Figueroa

"May I remind the French and Chinese Representatives that the Global Assembly is a place to discuss Legal Matters, and not a Playground for bickering. Etiquette is essential for these Proceedings to continue, as they should.
This is especially true in the Chamber, where I would expect to observe Courteous and Orderly Behaviour.

Moving Forward, I would like to suggest a Revision to Section [3] of the Draft Resolution — Unless the Population(s) say otherwise, these Territories should be returned to their Former Governance. Gotland to Sweden, Rio Grande to Brazil (Etc)
Furthermore, The International Court of Justice (ICJ) is unavailable to advise while the 2014 Elections are in progress. Therefore, I will oversee the Referendum's to ensure these are made impartially."

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Swedish Ambassador to the Global Assembly Marc Kvet scurries into the chamber after ending s telephone call, he places his documents down on the desk in front of the Swedish flag and smiles to friends and allies within the chamber - a written transcript of proceedings thus far is provided and read through thoroughly.

“I apologise to the chamber for my timeliness, these things pop out of nowhere don’t they?”

He laughs, making a joke regarding the topic coming out of the blue.

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Marc stand from his desk and makes a very brief comment to the chamber:

“The legality of land transfer that has already occurred, in essence historical sovereignty changes; is a matter for the International Court of Justice and NOT this chamber - we are not representatives of a judicial court room. The decision regarding legislative changes for future claims is absolutely within the remit of this assembly and as such I encourage the Secretary General or the Nigerian representatives to alter the proposal accordingly.

We should not step outside of our power or tread on the toes of the International Court of Justice.”

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"The Dutch are protecting, not prosecuting a government with officials like these?" a Brazilian official points at the disheveled, unshaven and rather sorry lot the French have chosen to represent their government at the GA.

"And what the fuck is Australia talking about? Years? They just took hold of power a few days ago."

The official then scratches his chin.

"Strong democracy? Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it just a year ago, when Australian police stormed embassies and killed diplomats over some law they enacted within 24 hours of taking office and then a week later the government collapsed? They have balls just even opening their mouths."

@Owen @Naio90 @Jamie @JamieA @JJSmithJr @king4turtle @Fairhold @Dragon @Alex @Dutchy @Sumit (On Leave, Still Posting) @Logan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89