STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Germany] Message to France

Anubis

Federal Republic of Germany
Jan 8, 2022

This message is classified and encrypted

Recipient:

Hubert Védrine, Minister of Foreign Affairs, France Vaka

Sender:

Joschka Fischer, Vice-Chancellor and Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs, Germany
Dear Foreign Minister,

It is with great pleasure that I write this email to you, officially opening the line of communication between our two governments. As neighbours and like-minded governments, whose nations have a long-shared history, the maintenance of a secure line of communication is vital to our mutual security and stability wider region. Thus, we have a preference for maintaining the current pre-existing arrangements made with former governments regarding the embassies, consulates and diplomatic staff exchanged between our states.

Franco-German relations have been through thick and thin, both together and against one another, nevertheless, we would like to regard France as a close ally and pursue into the unknowns of the future with this close relationship. We hope you share the same thoughts and ideals. In such fashion, I would like to quell any concerns you may have regarding the status of prior bilateral agreements made with previous German administrations, that being we have no intention of repealing, withdrawing from or amending any prior and existing agreements with France at this current time.

Furthermore, I write to you to express our long-term desire to enhance Franco-German relations. Our respective economies, societies and politics are already at a level of integration seldom seen anywhere else, but by further expanding our cooperation within the realms of business, trade, politics, defence and national security, science and society, among others, we have the potential to prosper and redefine the meaning of international and European relations for the better as we enter the new era.

I remain hopeful of the future and look forward to hearing your reply.

Sincerely,

Joschka Fischer
Vice-Chancellor and Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

1710px-Arms_of_the_French_Republic.svg.png

2048px-Standard_of_the_President_of_France.svg.png

1801px-Armoiries_r%C3%A9publique_fran%C3%A7aise.svg.png

Classified and Encrypted

To:Joschka Fischer, Vice-Chancellor and Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs Anubis

Dear Mr Fischer,

I am pleased to hear from your office. Franco-German Relations are at the top of the list of objectives laid out for the French Department of Foreign Affairs. I pray we can keep this line of communication open between our offices and speak freely as neighbors. We also see no immediate need to change any of the current arrangements made by both of our previous administrations.

I am glad we are of the same mind when it comes to the relationship between our two nations. I envision in the future a grand partnership between our two nations that includes everything from free trade to defense. I would love to hear your thoughts about formal treaties being drawn up for both. I would personally like to start with expanding and integrating our respective rail networks to help facilitate trade. My hope being that this rail network could someday link together all of Europe.

Of course I’m just bouncing ideas around and would like to get a feel for how your Government would like to proceed. We would be delighted and proud to call the Federal Republic of Germany our ally.

I eagerly await your ideas on the subject of future Franco-German projects.

Best Regards,
Hubert Védrine
Minister of Foreign Affairs
The Republic of France

Anubis

Jan 8, 2022

Recipient:

Sender:

Joschka Fischer, Vice-Chancellor and Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs, Germany

Dear Minister Vedrine,

Thank you for your quick response. I am delighted to hear that you too wish to establish greater links between our states.

Whilst we do have several topics and proposed agreements to discuss in the long-run, at this time I wish to focus on what we perceive to be the most important areas, that being policing, energy and fisheries.

First off, we do agree with your idea to expand rail infrastructure between France and Germany. We ourselves are currently in the early planning stages of improving our rail infrastructure to allow increased freight traffic, thus reducing the reliance on H.G.Vs and relieving road congestion and pollution. It would be to much benefit should France be part of this venture.

At the top of our agenda is cross-border policing. We would like to propose the establishment of a joint French-German policing unit to further enhance our efforts to combat crime. We suggest that this unit could be based in either Strasbourg or Freiburg, close to the border. This unit will also handle criminal intelligence shared between our domestic police forces on individuals and organisations. Alongside this, we would also like to propose an Extradition Treaty in order to detain and prosecute criminals who flee across the border into our respective states.

Our second proposal for discussion is the establishment of an 'Energy Union', so to say, to promote the construction of new energy production, the transfer of energy across Germany and France, and the research and development of nuclear and renewable energy sources. In the long-run, this Energy Union will assist in providing new energy-producing technology, which would decrease our dependence on non-renewable fossil fuels, and would also stabilise energy markets by ensuring a contact supply of energy.

Our final proposal is regarding fishing waters. We would like to propose that each others respective fishing fleets have access to the Exclusive Economic Zones of France and Germany in order to source fish, shellfish and other marine food sources. Providing these fishing rights will increase supply of fish to German and French markets. Furthermore, it will enable us to greater cooperate in preventing overfishing and damage to marine life.

I hope you can see agreement with my above proposals or at least see room to negotiate. I look forward to hearing your opinion on these matters.

Sincerely,

Joschka Fischer

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

Classified and Encrypted

To: Joschka Fischer, Vice-Chancellor and Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs Anubis
Dear Mr Fischer,

It is nice to hear from you again so soon. It is wonderful that Germany is so open to joint cooperation between our two nations. I would like to cover each of the topics that you mentioned individually, giving my thoughts on them.

Firstly, the matter of policing. I would propose a Franco-German Border Force made up from security officers from both the French National Gendarmerie and the German Federal Police. They would number roughly 2500 officers (half French, half German). They will need to have an annual budget in place. I am thinking somewhere in the realm of $500 million dollars to start. This should cover salaries, vehicles and equipment. We have some government offices in Strasbourg that are not currently being used and would serve as a Headquarters for this task force. Our office is also in full agreement with an extradition treaty. There will be no place for criminals who cross the border in an attempt to evade justice. With that being said any crimes committed in France or Germany will be prosecuted by the respective law enforcement agency where the crime took place. I will also allow for full transparency in regards to criminal intelligence shared between our domestic police forces. I feel this will have a tremendous effect on organized crime and preventing terrorism.

Secondly, the hot topic of Energy. Our government is highly committed to reducing dependence on foreign oil and natural gas. This has been difficult for us as France has almost no natural energy resources. But what we do have is some of the brightest scientists in the world today. Those men and women have allowed us to harness the power of the atom in our many nuclear power plants. This often leaves us with a higher than average amount of surplus energy in certain parts of the country whilst others are just short of the mark. The creation of a European Energy Union would quickly solve both of these problems. As the designs for multiple Nuclear Facility designs are controlled and operated by state owned Électricité de France, we would be more than willing to help with the construction of new plants elsewhere in Europe.

Lastly, the idea of fishing without limits. We feel that the idea of borders when it comes to fishing fleets is a bit of a dated idea. Most of the companies that do large amounts of commercial fishing are already themselves multinational. Also the ability to cooperate and present a unified front with preset fishing limits makes for a level playing field for all involved. I think that this is a long overdue idea and fully support it. The creation of a European Fishing Union would do well if we could possibly get a few more coastal European Nations involved. I think it would be only fitting that this be located in Hamburg with access to one of the largest commercial ports in Europe.

I have covered much in this email. We are very open to changing anything you might not feel comfortable with or adding something additional. I would like to get some of these treaties in motion. Let us both get together some drafts and see what we can get signed.

Best Regards,
Hubert Védrine
The Republic of France

Anubis

Jan 8, 2022

Recipient:

Sender:

Joschka Fischer, Vice-Chancellor and Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs

Dear Minister Vedrine,

Whilst I absolutely agree with your idea for a close connected border force, this is not exactly what I meant in my initial proposal. The policing unit we are proposing and most eager to establish will focus almost entirely on organised crime and terrorism, rather than acting as a border force or customs policing. This Unit is to handle criminal intelligence and combat serious international organised crime and terrorism through cooperation between competent authorities within France and Germany. Some in our administration have nicknamed this unit as 'EuroPol'. Of course this Unit and our respective border force agencies will inherently cooperate extensively, however these will be different law-enforcement authorities that fulfil separate duties and functions. We further believe it would be to much benefit should there be potential for more European states to join and cooperate in this Unit in the future.

This European Energy Union is precisely what we in Germany are looking for. An EEU is what we need to stabilize national and continental energy supply and demand whilst achieving a level of national self-sufficiency that will make our countries immune to the external geopolitical risks in energy supply.

Hamburg will be a perfect location for the Headquarters of the European Fishing Union, and we will be sure to establish the HQ in little time as so we can mutually reap the benefits of our agreement. You are indeed correct, the membership of fellow neighbouring coastal European states would significantly improve this area, however that may prove a challenge since many states regard fishing rights to be a precious commodity that needs to be protected by national boundaries. Nevertheless, we should try to overcome this challenge.

Sincerely,

Joschka Fischer

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

Classified and Encrypted

To: Joschka Fischer, Vice-Chancellor and Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs Anubis

Dear Mr Fischer,

I must say that while I previously mentioned the Franco German police Force being mainly a border/customs agency, illegal border crossings are not at the top of our threats list. Organized Crime and Terriorism on the other hand are at the top of that same list. I agree wholeheartedly that they should be this unit's main objectives. I also like the name “EuroPol”. The Agency will have no executive powers, and its officials are not entitled to arrest suspects or act without prior approval from competent authorities in the member states. I would hope that Europol will become the European criminal information hub. With total costs and manpower being split evenly among member nations. I think an organization such as this would deal a major blow to crime and potential terriorism in Europe. We would like the opportunity to Headquarters Europol in Strasburg. We feel for such a prestigious organization, a new building will need to be built. We will need to continue to discuss the various powers Europol will have along with attempting to add other European nations to it's membership.

Regarding the EEU, I feel it's time we get some of this down as a draft for an official document. Making this official will aid in helping to entice other European Nations to join. I think we should first set up goals for clean energy as well as European independence when it comes to power generation. Do you have any further ideas on the topic?

With the European Fishing Union, I feel that we are also set to start getting a draft together. We are eager to see some of these ideas we have shared here come to life.

This has been a wonderful conversation, Minister Vedrine. I feel we are moving forward to a more united Europe with every keystroke. I would like the chance to come and visit you in person if possible. I have some availability next week.

Au revoir,

Best Regards,
Hubert Védrine
The Republic of France

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II