STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Germany] The End Draws Near

NagandEmerald

His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Friedrich IV
Aug 18, 2018
The End of an Era/Will This be Worth the Troubles?
Full disclosure, I just wanted an excuse to put this song in as a neat little thing to listen to while thinking of what's going through His Highness' head. Imagine the turmoil, the grief, the confusion, the anger, the contempt, the sadness that can be felt in his mind as he waits for men and women representing the state at large, the Federal States themselves, and even the people of Germany — the average everyday man or woman — to show up and take their seats. Imagine what he thinks on the past decade of Germany in MN, and how any good person — any good man really — would want to do. Imagine how he questions himself on if all the troubles will have made it worth it to set up an official constitution, a new government, and a potentially brighter future for a beleaguered people. Just a little OOC note that I want you all to think about; just food for your thought the next time you're eyeing another country's nationalism.

Prince Friedrich was hopeful that those he had invited would answer his call. His patience was wearing thin as he sat in the Prussian House of Lords. To his left stood a secretary with multiple stacks of paper detailing a new Constitution draft that the Prince had designed himself with assistance from several members of the Federal Government that thought as he did. To his right stood President Celina Kästner of the HPDR, his party...the party that would usher in a better German Reich and put an end to decades of federal instability. However, if the Constitution draft was accepted and ratified, her position would be dissolved. Her position could mean nothing within the next month. If the Prince could help it, he would ensure that her efforts in helping restore House Hohenzollern to its rightful place among other royal families would not go unrewarded. She was, after all, a chief designer of this Constitutional document. Perhaps an official adoption was in order? Georg would consider such an offer after the convention had finished, but he would find a way to reward this woman's courage to stand up for what she believed was right.

Standing around the large round-table — clothed by the flag of the Republic centered with the Prussian Eagle — television crews & camera crews were set up, already taking pictures of the table and the contents upon it. Along with that, a live TV had been set up to show live tweets & retweets from German citizens, who put their own input into what should be in the Constitution. The discussion would be broadcast live on all major news channels in Germany, should the men and women the Prince requested show themselves, as well as broadcast live on YouTube. Requests were also made to broadcast this historic event live in other countries — primarily monarchies & democracies — across the world, with subtitles or translations, of course. That brought another thought to the tired Prince...would the other royalty of the world be willing to acknowledged Hohenzollern's claims? Would they even care? Would this event go down in history? Or would he and his vision be cast aside and forgotten about, only for another tyrant to come into frame?

To Prince Friedrich, this was all that he had dreamed of since the Battle of Europe: a new Germany, that could regain stability in its borders, show its pride and patriotism without the looming disposition of other nations. It was his vision to establish rules that could hopefully keep tyrannical abuse out and keep the facet of democratic, fair, and free elections in German politics. It was not a privilege for the Germans to be able to get over their past, but a right that should be inviolable. Instead, Prince Friedrich only felt contempt for those that continued to put Germany down whenever it attempted to act patriotic for itself for once. The air in the room was tense; it was a thick fog that could be cut with a knife. As Friedrich's mind raced, his thoughts darted back to his Great Grandfather, Kaiser Wilhelm II.

The former German Emperor was remembered by history as a militarist, who wanted to show the might of the German Army through conquests...something that the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand exasperated and brought forwards. He was also remembered as an honorable man who cared deeply for the German people. Oh, how Georg would plead with God to embody what he was least remembered for: a strong, but fair ruler. As he thought more on how he would be seen and remembered, the doors to the chamber opened, and from outside stepped in those he had requested in his interview with the the journalist a few months ago.

"Endlich," Prince Friedrich said softly to himself, "Jeder wird für das letzte Mal auf Gott für Hoffnung und Veränderung schauen." He then stood from the table with a large grin on his face as he strode forwards to greet the makers of the future. As he did, the cameras started rolling, and the event started its live broadcast across the internet, across the German news, and hopefully across the world. Germany's steps into the modern world had finally begun in his eyes.

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"Alright...our first order of business, a formal welcome," the Prince stated with a smile. The rest of the room looked to him coldly, impatiently. Many of them had a country to run, and entertaining this idea would be tiresome and trifling at best.

"This house was once the seat of power in Prussia, in the German Empire, and even held significance in the Third Reich. This is to be the new main seat of power for the government. The Federal Chancellery, the Reichstag, and the Prussian House of Lords all working in conjunction with one-another."

"But what you suggest is a restoration of the monarchy. Let us be frank Mr. Friedrich. It would be better to allow us to continue the road we have gone down for decades," a member of the CDU/CSU Union Party from the Reichstag stated.

"But that's where you are wrong sir. Look around us. The German state is on the brink of collapse. Fascist regimes rose and destroyed the German economy. A self-proclaimed monarch has left in exile. The German military is falling apart at the seams. And the public cannot seem to decide what they want. This democratic 'experiment' — and I use the term very lightly — has failed since the reunification. It may have worked for West Germany during the Cold War, but it does not work now; I and many others have warned you, but now, we must take decisive action." The Prince then sighed and snapped a finger to the nearby secretary, who began to hand out copies of the new Constitution draft to the delegation.

"Which is why I have taken it upon myself, and asked for the assistance of others, in designing a Constitution that follows three basic principals: Freedom of the People first, a far more effective and less bureaucratic legislative and executive process, and no compromise of governance. Please take as much time to skim through this draft as I explain the basics." The secretary, after handing out copies of the new Constitution, took her place next to the Prince as he set up a slideshow presentation on the absolute basics.

"What we have done is modify existing portions of the Grundgesetz and remove unnecessary additions. From what I have been told, the Basic Law was very hard to understand...so, I will explain this as simply as possible. The first 21 articles are considered inviolable, nonnegotiable, and non-amendable, and shall remain as such. Furthermore, Section 2, having to do with the Länder and other minute details, has not been edited terribly much. However..."

"Excuse me," the Minister-President of Bavaria interrupted, "What gives you the audacity to propose this? Dissolution of the Bundesrat? Subsequent replacement with a slightly worse elected body?! You claim that this 'Volksrat' shall keep the Federal Government in check. How?!"

"By keeping Federal officials from making potentially disastrous decisions. The Federal Government has been empowered, the Reichstag and Landtagen given their proper role as legislative bodies meant to debate and amend bills, and the People themselves, chosen from 100 citizens, actually participating in the process of keeping federal powers in check. Furthermore, the Landtagen, and by extension you, shall officially take the role of the Bundesrat." The Prince's explanation seemed to satisfy the Bavarian Minister-President, but even so, grumbling was heard from the crowd as they skimmed through the articles.

"Now, regarding the empowerment of government, the Chancellor's position has been elevated to one that is on par with the Monarch...the Monarch, myself, shall be allowed to rule the German nation as I please, but shall be checked and balanced by the Federal Government and by the Volksrat. If we are to instate a more effective government, we need to heed the past, present, and future of Germany, and the potential of tyranny. It shall be all of our duty to coexist and bring Germany further into the future. Read further, please...we're going to be here for a while."

"But...why? Why can we not just work with what we have?" The Prince sighed, having already answered this question, but seeing that it was still going over their heads...he needed to pound it home.

"Because the German people do not want to work with what we have...they want change...they need an identity...they need unity..."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
Anyone can ask questions during this interview as reporters in order to get a better understanding of what the new Germany will have in store.

In the months that followed, many meetings between these individuals on the designing of a new Constitution were had. Through these meetings, articles would be redone for the purpose of better checks and balances, with regular updates given to the German People by members of the Landtagen. As the months progressed, the state of the nation started to finally stabilize as German citizens became more privy to the information set out in their new Constitution. It would all come to a head on the 5th of November, when Prince Friedrich would stand to interview in front of the Reichstag Building to deliver a speech and answer any questions regarding the new changes to the Constitution, and when he would be officially crowned as the German Monarch.

In front of the Reichstag building were men and women of many backgrounds and ideologies. Local Neo-Fascist demagogues, staunch conservatives, classical liberals, even anarchists all were here to get straight answers from the Prince on what the immediate changes would be once he took power. Reporters and journalists had microphones and cameras at the ready to ask questions of the soon-to-be German Monarch on what would happen and, upon recommendation from the members of the Constitutional Convention, members of other governments were given explicit permission to attend as guests and to ask questions of their own. Knowing what was on the line, the Prince sighed and cleared his throat as he walked up to the microphone at the podium, adorned with the flag of the 2nd Reich, and flanked by the flags of the Federal Republic.

"Thank you all for coming today," Georg started, "Today is the day that an era of failure and misery ends, and a new era begins for Germany. One of greater peace and prosperity than the Federal Republic could provide, and one of a stronger resolve, unity, and identity since the 2nd World War. This is a moment that I think that we have all been waiting for since the Reunification in 1990; I understand that everyone is tired of changes in governance, but I can promise you that this will be the last change of hands that this country shall have for the next one-thousand years." Applause, along with many boos and hisses in the crowd, were heard by the Prince. Of course he wasn't going to change everyone's minds. But he needed to clear the air as much as possible to ensure a trust between the people and the Government. To him, this was of utmost importance.

"With that being said, the changes to allow for this new government to take power will be swift and immediate upon my claiming of the Throne in 4 days. The most immediate of which will be the dissolving of the Bundesrat, the reestablishment of a proper Armed Forces, and — for what we are either most excited, angered, or terrified of, the reintegration of the House of Hohenzollern as the official Royal House of Germany. The Fatherland has been a dog beaten down for decades, constantly reminded and haunted by its past; this has stifled our growth as a people, and our growth as a nation, which has not been helped by our neighbors and allies in Europe and the Americas. This is a dog that has been beaten down, and now has the chance to rise up again and return itself to rightful glory and prestige, alongside its brothers and sisters in Europe." This time, more applause followed the Prince, and he felt pride swelling.

"With this in mind, I can understand that people may be apprehensive to adopt this new Constitution, drafted and ratified by both the Government and the People of Germany in an open convention. Your suggestions, and our actions, will change the world, for better or worse, but I first must know your concerns. Share them with me, and I shall do my best to answer them to the best of my ability." He immediately pointed to a journalist from a local German news-site that appealed to classical liberals and Left-Wing supporters.

"Rumors have been stated that censorship in Germany shall be made far more lax than in previous decades. How do you plan to combat what could potentially be terrorism if this is the case?" The Prince sighed. Leaks from the Constitutional Convention and his own office had made it exceptionally clear that he did not appreciate the censorship of ideas and speech, no matter how heinous. But there was a point to be made against active terrorism.

"I will clear the air on this 'rumor' that many have found through leaks released publicly by members of the Convention on my plans for censorship. In the broadest sense, I do not believe that Germany is obligated to censor itself for anyone, no matter how heinous it may sound. Upon taking the throne, I shall put forwards a decree to make certain that the duties of the Censorship Bureaus are to be against terrorists only. Any posts online, or any talks of local terrorism through telecommunications or other services will be monitored by our Intelligence Agencies in order to properly counter such acts before they happen. However, that being said, the sad truth is that terrorism will inevitably happen. Therefore, I feel it is prudent that we act when it happens as calmly and rationally as possible. Instead of pinning blame, we must first neutralize any further immediate threats of terrorism, domestic or not." Applause was heard as the Prince awaited another interviewer to call upon, feeling confident in his ability to answer the more difficult questions.

Retroliser

-Insert Intriguing Title Here-
Sep 6, 2018
"Turkish Radio & Television, TRT for short," A reporter stated to identify himself. "Firstly, what are your thoughts on the unusual wave of monarchism sweeping Europe? With Germany joining Serbia, Italy, Turkey and Ireland as nations embracing either absolute or constitutional monarchy, what do you think is the cause of this phenomenon?

Do you intend to be named King of Germany, or will you be reestablishing Germany as an empire across its states?

What should the globe expect from you in regards to foreign policy/relations?

Finally, what will your view be towards Turkey, now that they are officially part of The Global Assembly under The Ottoman Dynasty, and their provisional government?"

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
The Prince took a sip of water as he listened carefully to the questions that were presented to him by the Turkish reporter. After he finished, he placed a hand to his chin in thought as his mind came to the answers that he thought would satisfy them.

"Let's answer these questions in order. Firstly, the wave of monarchism that has spread across Europe is certainly no coincidence. After the Battle of Europe, I think all countries were a little bit apprehensive towards strict democracies, and looked to reforge an identity for themselves. With Germany, this has especially been prevalent through the multitude of failed regimes. But monarchism's rise in Europe, in my opinion, was spurred mainly by national interest in an identity that everyone could call their own. Call it paranoia, but I think that the United States' and Russia's interference with everything in the Cold War was the original spur for such thinking."

"In regards to what I shall be named as, in accordance with the new Constitution that has been accepted by the Bundestag, I shall be instated as Kaiser Wilhelm II's heir-apparent, which means that Germany will be instated as a Reich, and not a simple kingdom. However, I do not think that it is also right to assume that we will be seeking expansion. Reich, in the most rudimentary translation, as always meant 'Realm'. I will be Emperor of the German Realm, which shall constitute the current Federal States of the Federal Republic, and shall constitute any realms that are willing to become vassal states of Germany through diplomatic means. My idea for a German Reich seeks peaceful resolution and relations with its neighbors and the world beyond, not one that seeks to show its greatness through conquests."

"For the Ottoman Dynasty, I believe that, due to their efforts to remove the corruption of Erdogan and his ilk from politics, that the German Reich will be willing to reopen relations, and ultimately start anew. That is to say, I am not certain that everything will go according to plan, but from what I have seen from the Sultan, I am willing to let bygones be bygones with a careful eye."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
The interview went on without a hitch. The Kaiser–to–be answered many of the major questions, including:

Q: In the event of a shift in politics calling for your abdication, will you submit to the will of the People?
A: Of course I will...it is not in my best interests to go against the People, when they were the ones who advocated for my return in the first place. If I must abdicate the throne, my crown, and my legacy, then I shall. It is their job to appoint a successor if they do not wish for a monarch.

Q: What is your opinion on the National Democratic Party, and do you support their endeavors based in hateful politics? What of the NPD's recent gains in the Bundestag?
A: The idea that the NPD is some sort of nightmarish "boogeyman" hiding underneath every German man, woman, and child's bed is an utter falsehood. I honestly cannot say that I have a political opinion on the NPD, because simply judging my character because of the groups I support and don't support would be an intellectually dishonest statement in its own right. They are people, like you and me...they may have hateful opinions, which I will confirm that I do not support, but they are not bad people. The bad people are the ones who act on such opinions, something which makes me despise the wave of social justice culture that I have seen in recent years.

Q: Can you give us details on what the Volksrat shall be? In your comments on the new Constitution, you mention an organization called the Volksrat? Will this be anything like the Bundesrat?
A: Simply–put, no. The Bundesrat and the Volksrat are two entirely separate entities. The Bundesrat was based as a secondary house of legislation to the Bundestag. In theory, it was supposed to be the final line of defense against legislation that changed the Grundgesetz (Basic Law) or affected the Lander in a meaningful way, but recently, critics had made it a point to highlight the vagueness of what that necessarily means. It has stomped out bills that could have helped the German Realm to prosper, and furthermore, was never directly elected. We claim to be democratic in nature, but when we have an organization such as that with an unprecedented check against the legislative process, I felt that a replacement was in order. In simple terms, the Reichstag shall partake in the design and debate of legislation alone unless it actively amends or changes the Constitution of the German Realm. The Volksrat shall be the actual voice of the people, because it will not be composed of career politicians, but everyday Germans who shall serve for 1 year — not including the three month period to gather the next Volksrat — to ensure a lack of abuse of power between the Chancellorship and the monarch, ensure that bills that affect the Constitution are properly accepted, and ensure that the People have a say. 1 man or woman from each of the Lander to represent the interests of the People.

Q: With the position of President being abolished, what'll happen to Mrs. Kästner.
A: Celina Kästner's sacrifice of her position, along with the sacrifices of all Presidents before her, shall not be forgotten. In the light of her position being abolished, she will be awarded a special honor at my coronation ceremony. Her last act as President shall be to establish the first Volksrat before she is awarded her honor and officially dismissed. That being said, I am proud of what she and her predecessors have accomplished to get us this far.

Q: What does your coronation mean to the other monarchs of Europe? Do they care? Do they wish to congratulate you?
A: It is difficult to say what the other monarchs of Europe think of me and what they expect of me. I am the first German Monarch since Wilhelm II abdicated the throne almost 100 years ago. That being said, I would assume that there are hints of spite, hints of wariness, but also hints of congratulations and pride in my ascent to the throne. I certainly would not mind the Queen of England, the King of Italy or Norway, or even the King of the Netherlands, choosing to meet with me after the coronation to discuss bilateral treaties...but at the same time, I myself wonder how much they care, even if they are coming to observe the coronation and join me afterwards for the closing provisions.

Q: Does you being crowned Kaiser officially kill off a democratic Germany?
A: Good heavens, no! Democracy is what has defined Germany since the end of the Second World War. We may have had our ups and downs, and we may certainly not have deserved the freedoms we were given, but I firmly believe in a democratic Germany. Whether it is a Federal Republic like the West, a fascistic regime like Leopold Hertzberg's official "Fourth Reich", or even a monarchy like the German Empire before us. The German Realm, despite any regime changes, shall always be a democracy, where the people have the will and the power to make real change.

The questions were rather simple to answer, bar a select few, but after the interview, the Crown–Prince was confident in his ability to make his coronation ceremony the biggest and the best since the crowning of Queen Elizabeth: an event that would and should be remembered in European history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadebecoolwoof