STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[GOC]: Message to America

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018

330px-Department_of_National_Defence_%28Canada%29.svg.png

Encryption Level

Classified

Recipient

Secretary of Defense, John Glass

"Dear Secretary Glass,

I am writing in regards to the security situation of the North Atlantic Sea, including hostile Chinese warships. I was hoping we could arrange a video call to discuss mutual security arrangements, a potential purchase of CF-18Hornets as well as purchasing amphibious warfare ships.

I would be most grateful if we can arrange this call.

Kindest Regards,
Julia Summerfield,
Minister of National Defence for Canada."

Classified and Encrypted

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

QT5ehQ7.png

1024px-United_States_Department_of_Defense_Seal.svg.png

MbziiaN.png
[TR][TD]

OFFICE OF
THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: Julia Summerfield, Minister of National Defense for Canada ( Nathan )
FROM: John Glass, Secretary of Defense of the United States of America

Minister Summerfield,

I would be happy to set up an encrypted video call between the two of us to discuss the topics that you have set forward. I will be available at two o'clock this afternoon, Eastern Time. If this works for you then we can establish a secure uplink between our offices and have a discussion. I look forward to talking to you. Also, expect an incoming message from my office regarding a coalition of nations that are assembling to deal with the Turkish situation.

Respectfully,

John Glass
Secretary of Defense
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

As promised, Secretary Glass would call Minister Summerfield through a secure line for a video conference between the two of them. Both the audio and visual were secure. Secretary Glass was alone in his office except for his personal secretary who was taking notes of the meeting. He waited for the Canadian minister to answer.

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
A team of technicians would work to classify and encrypt the phone call on the Canadian side. Julia Summerfield would pick up the handset once the line was established and secure.

"Good Evening Secretary Glass. How are we on this fine evening? Our Chief of Defence Staff is on his way to the Pentagon as we speak."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Good afternoon, Minister Summerfield. It's great to hear from you and see your face. The wonders of modern technology are incredible," he said with a small smile. "We are happy to hear that the Chief of Defense Staff are on the way. I'm sure that we will make a lot of progress in Washington. Now, what would you like to begin with?" he asked.

Nathan

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Mr Secretary, I wish to open with talks about the CF-18 Hornet. We severely need these planes to operate both at home, and in support of international allies such as yourself and Israel. Would you be willing to allow us to produce these aircraft, or produce them on our behalf?

The Chinese incident has shown that there are nations willing to provoke Canada, and we need to ensure our air defences are top notch otherwise we will find our security compromised and in turn, America's own safety."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"The Hornet is something that we virtually never export to any other country. However, if your government would be willing to agree to never sell or hand over the Hornets to any other party, we would agree to sell you a fixed number. How many are you interested in acquiring? And yes, I agree that Canada being able to defend itself is critical to American national security just as much as it is to yours. I think that we could eventually work to reestablishing NORAD and possibly major radar installations that could allow us to carefully watch all of American airspace," he said.

Nathan

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Our aim would be to acquire 120 in total. Dependent on the cost, we would most likely struggle to afford this initially so we would like to start with 48 to begin with. Canada is more than happy to agree to those terms, we ourselves do not wish to allow any other nations to acquire these jets.

We are also more than happy to agree to reestablishing NORAD"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
ROLEPLAY NOTICE

Howdy Nathan

Please remember that valid roleplay posts must be at least 80 words long and that repeated tagging of a player in a thread is not permitted.

Odinson
Moderation Team

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"At this time we would be willing to sell fifty CF-18s to Canada. We normally charge a one-hundred percent markup on all items being sold abroad. However, for Canada, we'd be willing to cut this down to a fifty-percent markup. This would mean that the total cost you would need to pay the United States is $21,350,000 per aircraft, and then you would be allowed to produce a limited number yourself. So, for example, if you wanted to purchase fifty CF-18s, you would need to transfer $1,067,500,000. Then we would issue you a Limited Production License (LPL) and allow you to produce exactly fifty. What do you think?" he asked.

Nathan

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"We would be willing to agree to this. Would we be able to agree to discuss possibly expanding the Limited Production Licence on the end of the deal?

Given the recent move towards war, would you be willing to assist Canada defending our airspace and waters from incursion whilst we rebuild? Our biggest concern is defending ourselves as one of the smallest nations within the coalition. Would you also consider selling us amphibious assault ships for the transportation of our forces to Israel?"

Odinson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa