STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Great Britain]: Call to Hungary

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

A recent move by the British Government has led to the goal of opening relations with countries that are particular isolated from the UK, or have previous or no prior relation with the UK. The Chancellor of the Exchequer, Edward Murray, has been tasked with the job of opening communications with the new Hungarian Government. A new government in Europe which could spark the opportunity for cooperation and friendship. He has requested a video call with the leader of the Hungarian Government.
@Emelk

Emelk

Hungary
Oct 2, 2018
Upon receiving the British request, the Office of the Prime Minister would arrange a video call later that day, once the Prime Minister was free. Within hours, the Prime Minister sat at his desk with his computer monitor and webcam set up. Security would ensure that the all lines of communications were encrypted and undisclosed prior to the call.

The video call would finally be put through to the British Government, as the Prime Minister waited for the Chancellor to pick up.

@Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
The British Chancellor sat at the opposite end of the call, the line private and encrypted to secure the contents of anything said. "Good Afternoon Prime Minister." spoke the British delegate, "My name is Edward Murray, the Chancellor of the Exchequer for the British Government. I've called today in the hopes of possibly discussing the opening communications with your own government, and hopefully to cooperate together. I'd like to begin by congratulating you to entering office in Hungary. I'm aware of the eviction of all foreign embassies from Hungary and believe it could be a good starting point to re-establish said facilities. Would you be willing to allow the British Embassy to re-open?"

Emelk

Hungary
Oct 2, 2018
"Well thank you for your congrats Mr Murray, the hopes of our two countries cooperating together is mutual. We would certainly like to reopen the British Embassy in Budapest, and the Hungarian Embassy in London. We are very aware of the negative responses from foreign governments to our decision, but I do hope that you understand our motives for the move.

Primarily we're concerned with the stability and future consistency of law and protection given to embassies and consulates. Currently, the only laws concerning International Missions is international law, which, though unlikely, may be repealed. Our government simply wants this legislation and protection to become Hungarian law and well as international, in the event that this is repealed.

I have faxed you a draft treaty to the reopening of Diplomatic Missions. Much of the proposal's clauses is modelled of that of the Global Assembly's Resolution of International Relations."

Article 1

(1a) The Head of the Mission is the person charged by the Sending State with the duty of acting in that capacity.

(1b) The Members of the Mission are the Head of the mission / Members of staff of the mission.

(1c) A Diplomatic Agents is the Head of the mission or a Member of the Diplomatic staff of the mission.

(1d) The Premises of the Missions are buildings (Parts / Land) owned by the counter-part government, used for the purpose of the mission. (Including Residence)

Article 2

FUNCTIONS OF A DIPLOMATIC MISSION CONSIST OF —

(2a) Representing the Sending State in the Receiving State.

(2b) Protecting in the Receiving State, the interests of the Sending State (and its Nationals) within the limits permitted by International Law.

(2c) Negotiating with the Government of the Receiving State.

(2b) Ascertaining by Lawful means, conditions and developments in the Receiving State, and reporting thereon to the Government of the Sending State.

(2e) Promoting Friendly Relations between the Sending State and the Receiving State, and developing, but not limited to, their Economic, Cultural and Scientific Relations.

Article 3

PREMISES AND DOCUMENTS OF THE MISSION —

(3a) The Premises of the Missions shall be inviolable. Agents of the Receiving State may not enter them, except with the explicit consent of the Head of the mission.

(3b) The Receiving State is under a Special Duty to take all appropriate steps to protect the Premises of the Mission against any intrusion /damage of the mission.

(3c) The Premises of the Mission, Furnishings, Property and Transport of the mission shall be immune from Search, Requisition, Attachment or Execution.

(3d) The Archives and Documents of the mission shall be inviolable, at any time and wherever they may be.

(3e) The Receiving State shall permit / protect Free Communication of the mission for all Official Purposes. Communicating with the Government (And other Consulates of the Sending State) wherever situated, the mission may employ all appropriate means, including Diplomatic Couriers and Messages in CODE or CIPHER.

Article 4

IMMUNITY OF THE MEMBERS OF THE MISSION —

(4a) The person of a Diplomatic Agent shall be inviolable. He shall not be liable to any form of Arrest or Detention. The Receiving State shall treat him respect and take all appropriate steps to prevent any attack on his Person, Freedom or Dignity.

(4b) The Private Residence of a Diplomatic Agent shall enjoy the same inviolability and protection as the Premises of the Mission.

(4c) His Papers, Correspondence and shall likewise enjoy inviolability.

(4d) A Diplomatic Agent shall enjoy immunity from the Criminal Jurisdiction of the Receiving State. He shall also enjoy immunity from its Civil and Administrative Jurisdiction.

(4e) A Diplomatic Agent is not obliged to give evidence as a witness.

(4f) .The immunity of a Diplomatic Agent from the jurisdiction of the Receiving State does not exempt him from the Jurisdiction of the Sending State.

(4g) The Members of the Family of a Diplomatic Agent forming part of his HOUSEHOLD shall, if they are not nationals of the Receiving State, enjoy the privileges mentioned in this article.

(4h) Without prejudice to their Privileges and Immunities, it is the duty of all persons to respect the Laws and Regulations of the Receiving State. They also have a duty not to interfere in the Internal Affairs of that State.

Article 5

FUNCTIONS OF A DIPLOMATIC AGENT COMES TO AN END —

(5a) Upon Notification by the Sending State to the Receiving State, that the function of the Diplomatic Agent has come to an end.

(5b) Upon Notification by the Receiving State to the Sending State, that it refuses to recognise the Diplomatic Agent as a member of the mission.

(5c) If Diplomatic Relations are broken off between two States and/or a mission is permanently or temporarily recalled, the Premises of the Mission is automatically return to the receiving state.

Signed

Hungarian Republic
.....Viktor..Orban......

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Embassies have always been a touchy subject. Certain countries believe they're entitled to them, others, don't welcome any. Each country has it's own motives, but given the amount of attacks on embassies in the last several years. I am not surprised or put off by your decision. The massacre in Turkey over 7 years ago now showed how vulnerable Embassies can be, causing more then just internal conflict but an international response. I'm sure that's not the reason for your decision but I'm confident it was a factor. We're honoured of your interest in re-opening the British Embassy."

For a short time, the British Chancellor fell silent, reviewing the agreement and nodding to himself "Yes.. yes.." he murmurs, "Oh yes, this is perfect and we're happy to proceed.", the agreement was signed and a copy taken for British Records; faxing the signed copy back to the Hungarian Government."

Emelk

Hungary
Oct 2, 2018
Satisfied that the signed copy had been received, the Prime Minister continued:
"We do very much appreciate your understanding...if only other governments could see the same. Now that that's out the way, we can resume our diplomatic missions as normal. Before I go onto matters that my government wish to discuss, is there anything else you would like raise?"

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Of course, they'll always be certain governments which are opposing your own ethics. This is nothing new I'm afraid. From my side, there isn't anything specifically that we need to discuss. We're just hoping for profound relations between Hungary and the UK. Governments have an unfortunate history of collapsing, and ideally, we'd like a stable Europe. With Europe in mind, I would, however, like to know your thoughts on the European Treaty Organisation?"

Emelk

Hungary
Oct 2, 2018
"The European Treaty Organisation. It's rather refreshing, an organization uniting Europe and promoting peace. Especially given that conflicts constantly occur and divide us, no matter their distance from our borders. You say you desire stability, the ETO is certainly a step forward in that direction so that I must support you on."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Of course, Europe has been the center of attention.. unwanted attention in the form of conflict. We're hoping the cooperation of ETO will help and prevent such problems. Allowing a forum to handle these issues on a political and domestic level. As opposed to the International Community."

Emelk

Hungary
Oct 2, 2018
"Indeed, and we're willing to work closely with the ETO to achieve this. On the topic of European peace and unity, what is Britain's stance on the current situation in the Mediterranian, Italy disregarding French sovereignty in Corsica?"

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Unexpected. The recent Italian Announcement is something that, to be honest, came across as quite the shock. The Italian Government has been somewhat dormant for some time, and has certainly never made a move that some could see as.. provocative. I'm unsure whether it's just a statement, or whether it's something they intend to pursue through other.. non-political means. Nonetheless, we haven't made our voice known publicly but it's certainly something we do not welcome; it's a possibility for bringing tension back to Europe. How does your government see it, if you don't mind me asking? Does Hungary have much in terms of foreign affairs with Italy?"

Emelk

Hungary
Oct 2, 2018
"It certainly is unexpected; it's safe to say that they are taking advantage of the lacking stability within the French government. It goes without stating that we hope this is the limit to Italian ambition no European power can afford to confront a states' rogue behavior if you gather what I mean.

More than anything, we are more worried about the unintentional, social impacts of this. It's not very democratic of me to say, but this may encourage other minority nationalities to make their demands. Italy recognising Corsican independence is the best thing for Corsican nationalism, which may have a domino effect across the rest of Europes' nationalist minorities, take the Catalans or Scottish for example, it would only bring unnecessary conflict. This is a long shot, of course, but if we've learned anything in recent years, it's Europe is very uncertain and unpredictable and likes to give us surprises."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Oh I agree. It lays the foundation for instability across Europe. This is something that we need to avoid, as a continent, for our futures. Given the history of Europe over the past decade, I admit, we are in a quiet time. This is a good opportunity to collect ourselves and be ready for what the future will face; through political, economic and military progression to be prepared. We find the move from Italy to be .. unexpected. It's unpredictable movements which become a worry. Is there anything in particular that your government is working on to be ready for?"

Emelk

Hungary
Oct 2, 2018
"Currently we are working on focusing our resources on economic growth and development; improving domestic stability and appealing to Hungarian communities abroad. We haven't put much work into any kind of military preparation for Italian aggression. Our capacity for a substantial military force is strictly limited, supplying a force large enough to oppose Italy would be simply inefficient and unsustainable. When it comes to a time like these, we have to rely on diplomacy and economic pressures.
What about the UK, what moves are you, and the ETO, currently taking?"

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"To be frank, no movement has been made. We are merely observing at this point, unsure as to whether Italy would make any action to their claim. Of course, if they do, then there's an immediate threat, especially for the UK given we have our soverign base areas in Cyprus, and Gibraltar, so we would be cautious just because of those. ETO, has made no standing on it right now but it's focus is more on building up. Nonetheless, we do remain vigilant. On the lines of foreign relations, how are yours going? Since your government entered power, I presume you've been making some head way in terms of relations with European, and non-european countries? Additionally, is there any support you're looking for in any aspect at the moment? I'd love to be able to support your country in anyway possible."

Emelk

Hungary
Oct 2, 2018
"Well in actual fact, we've been relatively absent from the international stage; we haven't found much need to be in regular contact with many world players and not many have reached out to use, but we don't particularly find this an issue.

We greatly appreciate your offer for support. Since you asked, our government is considering the construction of a surveillance ground station, capable of collecting greater intelligence across Europe and Western Asia. We are wondering if you are willing to lend us the up-to-date radar technology to maximise the success of this facility, technology feature at RAF Menwith Hill. We are of course willing to negotiate a fee for this."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Our Air Force utilizies AN/FPS-132 Upgraded Early Warning Radar Systems, these are something we would be happy to sell to Hungary if these are something you'd be keen on investing in? They have proven capable for our own military, especially over the unpredictable events from the last ten years or so. As a gesture of good will, we will also offer a 10% discount on such sales if it's something you'd like to go ahead with."

Emelk

Hungary
Oct 2, 2018
"This sounds perfect and appears to satisfies our necessary criteria. What price are you looking at for this advanced radar? We're interested in radar with 3 faces ?"

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
The British Chancellor remained silent for a short period of time, before coming back with an answer. "Our unit cost for the Raytheon AN/FPS-132 Upgraded Early Warning Radar would be 1,350,000,000.00 per. The construction itself is 1.1bn, which is the reason for the high cost. Although, if something you'd like to proceed with, we would be able to work out an instalment plan to best serve your countries economy."

Emelk

Hungary
Oct 2, 2018
"hmmm.... $1.35 billion you say." The Prime Minister paused for a while, considering the purchase given it high costs. Such expense would set back the military's budget quite a lot, but would it be worth it?. "I've had time to think about it and we are certainly still interested. An instalment plan isn't necessary, I would prefer to pay it in one lot; get it over and out the way."

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II