STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Great Britain | MOD Repositioning

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

Ministry of Defence

With a change in policy regarding British Bases in ISAF member territories, two ministers from the Ministry of Defence have been assigned the role to open negotiation with the Netherlands and United States to discuss this further:

Jessica White has invited the Department of Defence to a private and encrypted video call to discuss a British Base in the US. @John

In a separate room, Jonathan Young has invited the Dutch Defence Ministry to a private and encrypted video call to discuss a British Base in the Netherlands. @Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Dutch Minister of Defence would ensure his line was encrypted and the room was secure before answering the call from the United Kingdom.

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Call with the Dutch
"Good Evening, Minister. Thank you for your time today. How are things going?
I won't take up too much of your time, I'm calling to hopefully discuss the possibility of a UK base hosted within the Netherlands as part of our commitment to ISAFs recent stance on bases across our allies. The close proximity of our countries makes me wonder whether a big commitment would be a potential waste, but to relocate the Independent Airlift Wing to the Netherlands which would mean you would host the British Aircraft that are part of the IAW; at the moment only the UK and yourselves are signed up for it."

@Dutchy

Call with the US
Jessica continued to wait..

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ash Carter, the Deputy Secretary of Defence, would pick up the phone on an encrypted line. "Hello. Ash Carter speaking."

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I am doing well, thank you for asking. I hope that you are in good health as well."

He would think over the proposal, remaining silent for a few moments, "I believe I could make some arrangements to support the relocation of the British assets of the Independent Airlift Wing to Eindhoven Air Base in the Netherlands. What assets would your department be looking at deploying to the Netherlands?"

@Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Call with the Dutch
"I am, thank you for asking. As for our deployment, I'd suggest it'd just be our assigned IAW air and ground crews. At the moment, this is two C-17s which has a total combined crew of 40 personnel. This is subject to change as we have a rotational basis of who is taking up IAW duties. It could be part of having the IAW permanently based in the Netherlands for any future members to join as only the UK and Dutch are involved in the program for now."

@Dutchy

Call with the US "Good Evening Mr Carter, I am contacting you in regards to the recent changes from ISAF regarding troop positioning. I'm aware of the American presence in the UK which covers your mandate, but it occurs to me that Britain has no oversea bases in the US, something that is of importance due to location and our commitment to the protection of ISAF members. Given the distance, we feel the best move for this would be to have a British Infantry Battlegroup stationed in the US; containing 600 personnel on a rotational basis. This would allow our infantry units to train with yours, in your own territory and facilities. What're your thoughts on this, or do you have any further proposals?"

@John

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Due to the small number of your deployment, Eindhoven Air Base will have no issue with receiving you. I shall inform the Royal Netherlands Air Force of your deployment and ensure that everything that is required is also provided. I also seek to bring the topic of Dutch deployments to the United Kingdom up for discussion, as I believe that the Isle of Great Britain is fully protected I seek a possible deployment to one of your overseas territories. Perhaps we could look at deployments in Gibraltar, Cyprus, Gotland of Diego Garcia."

@Jamie

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We would be more than happy to host a BIT in the United States and I would like to suggest that this deployment be based in Fort Campbell, Kentucky. It is currently one of our largest military bases in the entire country which would allow for a variety of different training situations with different types of units." @Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Call with the Dutch
"Perfect, I think the re-positioning of the IAW is a progressive forward and hopefully we'll see more ISAF members signing up for it. I will give the all clear to the Royal Air Force who will arrange the move from the UK to Eindhoven Air Base.
When would you be ready to receive our two C-17 Globemasters?
Regarding your own deployment to an oversea territory.. I think Cyprus may be the best option. It's position gives a much more global reach and is also a forward operating base for British Forces on deployment anywhere. So extra security there would definitely help."

Call with the US
"Fort Campbell would be perfect. We've had a look at viable options and we'd of course do a rotational basis.. swapping units but our initial deployment would consist of:
x600 Soldiers from 1st Battalion, Anglian Regiment
x50 Jackal 2 Patrol Vehicles.
Is this something you'd be happy for us to re-locate to the US? I'm potentially thinking a 6 month rotational basis. When would we be able to send our forces too?"

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Yes that would be fine, and whenever you are able to. Just let us know when they are ready to come and we can make arrangements for them"