STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Hello, Everyone

Apr 29, 2021
I am checking this game out to see if it can be of use in my school. Has anyone tried using this game as a teaching tool? However, even if it will not work in that capacity, I intend to keep playing and building my nation, anyway. I look forward

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Welcome, if you have any questions feel free to join our discord where we can help you better! What nation do you wish to take? bretrun

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Hey bretrun,

Can't say I've ever heard of ModernNations being used as a teaching tool, so it'd certainly be a first if you were to try! However, with that being said, depending in how invested you are in your country the research that you end up doing gives you an incredible insight - I certainly didn't know anything about Sweden before I started playing as it...

Nonetheless, welcome aboard!

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
Welcome bretrun ! That is an interesting new approach. As a non-native speaker I can confirm that MN helped to expand my english vocalubary and writing skills, specially related to politics, economy and finances, but it will depend on how much invested your students are in all this. As many other players will say, this is kind of a MUN with more guns!

Axis12

People’s Republic of China
Feb 11, 2021
Welcome to the forum bretrun
As a student myself I would say this forum is a good way to let your students engage in real life like diplomatic situations but I think that there may be a few better sites/programs than this. As mentioned above, this site is like Model United Nations which is a well known program that engages in Diplomatic systems and processes But the site isn’t exactly optimized for learning or students. A site which has a more purpose made but less realistic system would NationStates.com . Anyway I think it would be best to discuss this with one of the administrators such as Hollie or Jamie to see what they think. Saint Kitts and Nevis is a very interesting choice also and I think it could be an excellent nation for Diplomatic operations with other nations. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren