STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Japan | Emergency Message to Thailand

Vladilena Milizé

Apprentice
Sep 11, 2023

240px-Seal_of_the_Ministry_of_Foreign_Affairs_of_Japan.svg.png

日本国
Japan

外務省
Ministry of Foreign Affairs

OFFICIAL CORRESPONDENCE
CLASSIFIED

TO: Surakiart Sathirathai, Minister of Foreign Affairs (Bossza007 )

SUBJECT: Thai Naval Activities Near Japanese Territory

Your Excellency,

I am reaching out to you today on behalf of our Ministry of Defence. While engaged in regular patrol duties within Japan's Exclusive Economic Zone our Navy has picked up the presence of what they believed to be a large number of Thai navy vessels, this suspicion was confirmed by a fly-over from the Japanese Air Force.

While we acknowledge no ship has crossed into Japanese territorial waters, as you can understand the presence of a large number of foreign military vessels near one's territory without prior notification could be construed as threatening.

While we have no doubt the Republic of Thailand has no hostile intent and the presence of these ships has an innocent explanation, we would still like to request what this explanation is.

Yours Sincerely,
Aya Tanaka

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

Foreign-Affairs-photo.png

To: <Aya Tanaka, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the State of Japan> Vladilena Milizé
Subject: RE: Thai Naval Activities Near Japanese Territory
Security Type: Maximum Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service - The decryption method is sent separately via fax

Esteemed Minister Aya Tanaka,

Thank you for your correspondence. I have noticed an oversight in your email regarding to whom you are addressing. I am Deputy Foreign Minister of Thailand, Surakiart Sathirathai. If you wish to contact the Foreign Minister, unfortunately, he is currently engaged in a high-level meeting with the Mexican Government. Please allow me to take charge of our side in this dialogue.

The Republic of Thailand Navy is currently performing a routine large-scale navy exercise in the North Pacific Ocean, approximately 500 kilometers from the Japanese shoreline. Such an operation is one of our Armed Forces’ efforts to ensure the readiness of the Thai Navy in wartime proficiency to safeguard the strategic location of Japanese Archipelago.

The Thai Government has no intention of aggression against the Japanese Government nor its country, and I can ensure that we view Japan is a democratic nation who can disseminate the principles and values, or progressive democracy found in Thailand across Asia and the world.

Thailand remains committed to the regional and international peace. I hope this correspondence can bring you a relief in knowing that the Thai Armed Force is engaging in a large-scale wargame to ensure readiness in case of any attack against the Japanese Archipelago.

Yours in Diplomacy,

Sukhumbhand Paribatra
Deputy Foreign Minister
Republic of Thailand

Vladilena Milizé

Apprentice
Sep 11, 2023

日本国
Japan

外務省

OFFICIAL CORRESPONDENCE
CLASSIFIED

TO: Sukhumbhand Paribatra, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Bossza007)

Your Excellency,

Thank you for clarifying the nature of the military activity.

While Japan appreciates Thailand's right to engage in military activities within any EEZ per the Law of the Sea, I must still hereby lodge a diplomatic complaint at the lack of prior notice and the location of the exercise. While these waters are not our territorial waters they are home to significant Japanese maritime economic activity. Activity that is disrupted by this exercise. Additionally the lack of notice has unnecessarily caused significant concern. Especially because with the stated goal of simulating an invasion of the Japanese archipelago there is no reason we can imagine to leave the state you are training to defend in the dark. In fact with prior notice there could even have been a more realistic exercise as normally any defence would naturally also include Japan's own military engaging to protect those waters.

Yours Sincerely,
Aya Tanaka

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

Foreign-Affairs-photo.png

To: <Aya Tanaka, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the State of Japan> Vladilena Milizé
Subject: RE: Thai Naval Activities Near Japanese Territory
Security Type: Maximum Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service - The decryption method is sent separately via fax

Esteemed Minister Aya Tanaka,

Thank you for your understanding. We recognize your genuine concern regarding our routine military exercise.

Please allow me to reiterate our intent on this operation not to be specific to any country. The naval exercise is designed to be a general largescale wargame to ensure the Thai Navy preparedness and proficiency by using the strategic location of the Japanese archipelago.

I appreciate your candor lodged of the diplomatic complaint to Thailand, which is something we value and recognize as essential for a fruitful relationship between nations. I apology for our ministry oversight in assuming that the Japanese government has prior knowledge of such military activity. This incident will be something we take a learning lesson for future actions.

I want to reaffirm our commitment to the bilateral relationship between the Republic of Thailand and the State of Japan, which we place on our top priority. In the light of this, we are open to joint military exercise in any form with the Japanese Armed Forces if your government has the intention to participate.

Yours in Diplomacy,

Sukhumbhand Paribatra
Deputy Foreign Minister
Republic of Thailand

Vladilena Milizé

Apprentice
Sep 11, 2023

日本国
Japan

外務省

OFFICIAL CORRESPONDENCE
CLASSIFIED

TO: Sukhumbhand Paribatra, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Bossza007)

Your Excellency,

The State of Japan acknowledges and appreciates your sincere apology in this matter.

As long as any future exercises near our territory or involving our EEZ are communicated beforehand we will consider this matter water under the bridge.

I have communicated with the Ministry of Defence and the Japanese Armed Forces are willing to coordinate on Joint Exercises. In the meantime they asked me to inform you that the Air Force jets and Navy Patrol Boats shadowing the fleet are there simply to observe the fleet's movements while within our EEZ and could be committed to exercises.

Yours Sincerely,
Aya Tanaka

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa