STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Jewel of the East

AsianSchnitzel

GA Member
Nov 22, 2020
china town.jpg

Within the bustling city, also known as the "Lion city" lies a vibrant people, posed to find themselves in the chaos of daily routines, this is the city of Singapore, once a British colony now transformed as an independent city state bordering the straights of Malacca, a vital trade route that link east and west, from here dreams are achieved one moment at a time.

Erick Lee is a sophomore in high school, a 16 year old boy teeming with life, his parents are multiracial for a start, his mother a native Chinese Singaporean, and His father from the UK. Everyday is different for Erick where they celebrate thanksgiving on one day and Chinese new year in another, such cultures and practices are common in Singapore where east truly meets west.

Such a day is routine for Erick, English is his first language but he can also speak mandarin, in preparation for the upcoming policy change of the government this is a cake's walk for him, every Singaporean kid knows this, many have been practicing to abide by the new school rules that Singaporean Mandarin will be the spoken language and mounting pressure is being felt by some, Erick on the other hand pays no attention to it, until one day it does.

His best friend, Asher is does not speak Mandarin, he only relies on his first language, English, Asher, confident enough that nothing will change, didn't bother practicing.

It was a boring Monday morning, Him and Asher went to school together, with their bikes they parked it outside the school grounds. The first day of the week, the new rules are in place, everyone is speaking Singaporean Mandarin and Asher was one of the few students who didn't understand, from being questioned by his teachers to his classmates ridiculing him, it eventually took a toll on him, All was not well for Asher, Erick tried to console him and teach him but he was keen on refusing, although by speaking in English his classmates and teachers understood him but He wouldn't understand them when they speak. Depression finally kicked in despite his friends trying to teach him, his parents also tried their best tutoring him as they spoke the language themselves.

It was another regular day for Erick as he tries to find Asher in the classroom, he was absent, nowhere to be found, he talked to his classmates, asking where he is, days, turned into a week, and still no sign of Asher, finally, he contacted Asher's parents, asking where he is and why his not attending school. A grim news suddenly overwhelmed him. He asked, "Are you sure Ma'am? He wouldn't, He wouldn't just.." He then fell to the floor with tears bursting from his eyes, "What do you mean his gone?" Asher's mom was on the phone, "I know I know, sweetie I could not believe it myself, He was not like this before, I failed to see the signs, I should not put so much pressure on him, it's our fault. Please pray for him Erick, He did truly thought about you on his last moments, He wrote a letter and it has your name on it." Erick felt pain and regret, finished his conversation with Asher's mom and went straight home, skipping school for the first time.

"Hey kiddo, why are you home?, schools out later this afternoon not before" his dad said, "where's mom dad, its about Asher, no one knows but me." "Oh yeah, is it about Asher? your best friend? right, what happened to him, must be seriously sick" Erick finds it hard to explain the situation until the the morning news from the television did it for him. Both Erick and his dad listened carefully to what was being reported, as the word suicide was suddenly mentioned, his dad slowly looked at him and said, "Oh kiddo".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II