STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[KE]: Message to the United States

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"The defense industry is a significant sector that plays a key role in ensuring national security and stability. Collaboration between our countries in this area could lead to advancements in technology, efficiency, and overall defense capabilities. For example, joint research and development projects could result in innovative solutions that benefit both our nations. Along with that, Korea has historically relied on the United States for it's military hardware, especially in terms of air defence. I would like the opportunity to discuss equipment purchases if at all possible.

Furthermore, establishing a strong relationship in mutual defense and intelligence sharing could enhance our ability to address global security challenges effectively. By sharing information and resources, we can strengthen our collective defense capabilities and respond more efficiently to emerging threats. There is also the possibility of base-sharing and forward deployment of forces to and from Korea, if that is something the United States would be willing to look in to."
Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"I understand...." Secretary Fitzgerald said. He cleared his throat and sat back in his chair as he made a few mental notes to himself. "And I agree. Cooperation between our two countries would be very beneficial for both us, if we really want to work together. So, what kinds of military hardware did you exactly have in mind for the Korean armed forces? You already have a very formidable defense industry," he said. The Secretary of State loosened his tie a bit. He wasn't exactly feeling well, and he hadn't been for the past few days. The travel to Asia wasn't exactly helping either, but soon he would be able to be home.

John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"You are correct in saying we have a formidable defence industry. However, we lack the capabilities to conduct any research and development right now. Now that we have been unified with the North, the Korean Empire seeks to become a beacon of peace and justice within the Asian world and to do that, we must improve our power projection capabilities. To be quite honest, mister Secretary, we are particularly interested in the possibility of purchasing an Aircraft carrier from the United States, along with a few other pieces of military hardware" Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"That is interesting," Fitgerald said without much emotion either, which was uncharacteristic of him as he normally wore his heart on his sleeve. The Secretary of State was quiet for a few seconds and then said, "What kind of aircraft carrier and what other equipment are you interested in purchasing? I... honestly didn't expect your government to be interested in acquiring an aircraft carrier, I would have thought that you would be more interested in building up a strong navy of smaller ships to counter power projection from China. Is there a region of the world that Korea is looking to project power into?" he asked.

John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Like I said, Korea is looking to become the foremost keeper of peace within the Asian region, and whilst we do have a very well equipped navy already, we believe that being able to form a, what you would call 'Carrier Strike Group' would aid us in protecting the continent of Asia and its inhabitants.

I know that an aircraft carrier such as the Nimitz would be out of the question and we have weighed our options based on what we have been able to look at. We would very much be interested in looking to purchase either an Enterprise-class or a Kitty Hawk-class."
Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
The Secretary of State listened carefully as he explained Korea's plans for a carrier strike group. He wasn't entirely sure why the Korean government wanted to project power into the rest of Asia when that historically has not gone very well for them, but the twenty-first century was proving to be very interesting times. Instead he just listened and nodded his head as the Prime Minister spoke - the Prime Minister obviously had a better idea of how to spend Korea's wealth than he did.

"I'm not really sure that exporting an aircraft carrier would even be legal," Fitzgerald said. "I wasn't expecting something of that size to be brought up today.... But if it isn't legal, it could be made legal by an act of Congress. It certainly wouldn't be impossible. But, considering of how monumental of an export that would be and how powerful of a weapon of war that a carrier is, I think the White House would need to be able to show Congress and the Pentagon that it is obviously worth it for us to make a one-time transaction like this... What other equipment is your government looking to purchase, Prime Minister?" he asked.

John

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Secretary Jackson Fitzgerald winced and leaned forward a bit, blinking a few times before he shook his head and sat back in his chair. If there was a water available for him, he would take a sip of it and than clear his throat as he looked up at the Korean Prime Minister and waited for a response. Secretary Fitzgerald had been in Korea at least once before, on the island, and he enjoyed it there. It was under a different government, but this time and last time he enjoyed being amongst a government that wanted to work with the United States instead of against the greater good. His mission remained simply to represent the United States government and, most importantly, the President of the United St-

The Secretary of State coughed a few times and then sat back, waiting for a response from the Korean Prime Minister.

John

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Secretary Fitzgerald would tell the Prime Minister that he was not feeling well and that Vance Larson, the former Ambassador to Korea who was a registered diplomatic agent of the United States with the State Department, would continue the discussions. Mister Larson was briefed over the discussion thus far and was privately given parameters in which the United States was willing to negotiate, and not negotiate. Secretary Fitzgerald returned back to the United States in a manner much similar to when he came. When he returned home to Washington D.C. it would be revealed that he suffered from an acute migraine which was probably caused by dehydration due to a case of food poisoning he had the day before.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa