STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Kingdom of Singapore] To the Kingdom of Greece

Jace

His Royal Majesty, King Vincent Wei I.
Aug 27, 2018

[PRIVATE MESSAGE. ENCRYPTED.]

This message is intended for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Greetings,

On behalf of the Kingdom of Singapore, I offer not only our King's recognition of your government, but an offer of friendship as well. Our King wishes to establish good relations with the Kingdom of Greece, and has given me permission to negotiate an agreement of mutual benefit, if the noble Greek people wish to do so.

Contact details shall be encrypted within an attached link, and we await to hear back from your office via video call or phone.

With warm regards,

Yusuf bin Ahmad
Secretary of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of Singapore
WzFuYGY.png

@Weber

Aug 28, 2018
[PRIVATE VIDEO CALL. ENCRYPTED.]
Nikolaos Skleros impatiently tapped his fingers on the mahogany desk. "I'm not sure, Your Majesty, they didn't specify that. Yes- I understand that, Your Majesty. Yes. I understand." The click from the other side of the line was audible. "Is the computer ready?", he asked impatiently as he watched the technician work his magic at a HP laptop. Another moment passed until the man had turned the laptop to face the minister, a rather unknown application at first view. There was sparse information on the dialog box aside from an animation of a phone ringing. The minister thanked the man and asked him to leave the room immediately.

The ringing animation continued for a moment more until the screen flickered for a second, before revealing the insides of a rather luxurious room. A man was waiting infront of the screen on the other side, the minister noticed, and he made a slight courtesy gesture as soon as the screen had stopped flickering.

"Mr. Yusuf bin Ahmad, I'd imagine?"

He wasn't expecting an answer to his rather rhetoric question.

"Good. My name is Antonios Skleros, Minister to His Majesty the King of Greece, responsible for Foreign Affairs. I must admit my King was mightily intrigued by your original offer. Would you care to elaborate further?"

@Jace

Jace

Aug 27, 2018
Yusuf smiled on his side of the line as the Greek minister began to speak. "I thank you for taking the time to speak with me, Minister Skleros. Out of respect for both our Kings, I will not beat around the bush regarding our reasoning for reaching out to the Greek people." Yusuf maintained a grin on his face during the length of the call. "The Kingdom of Singapore is intent on making our presence felt not just in Southeast Asia, or even just the Pacific for that matter." Yusuf would collect the documents sitting on his desk and place them off to the side. Apparently he was finishing reviewing them by the time he'd speak up again. "With that in mind, our King wishes to not only open up trade, but also discuss the potential for establishing a base of operations in the Mediterranean."

"Doing so would undoubtedly bring our two nations closer together. It would serve to promote our King's interests in the region, as well as open up the opportunity for bi-lateral training exercises to occur between our nation's royal armed forces. In essence, it would be a good step in tying our two kingdom's closer together."

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018
Nikolaos Skleros was taken aback from the tenacity of the request, but he did not show it. Singapore in the Mediterranean of all places? But the Greek industry produced weaponry, and a client was a client no matter what their requests. And as long as the man was mulling the request over in his mind, the more he became interested in the idea.

"Mr. Ahmad, please allow me to interrupt you for a second - what exactly do you suggest when you say a base of operations in the Mediterranean? If I get your meaning correctly, you are referring to a port under Singaporean control, is that correct?"

@Jace

Jace

Aug 27, 2018
Yusuf would pause on a dime upon the Minister's request. He would allow the man to speak, and he listened intently before speaking up in response. "It would be a facility under Singaporean control, albeit temporarily of course. If an agreement is made, any expansions to the port and its surrounding areas will first be run by your government. If any expansion is approved, the Kingdom of Greece will retain all rights to any infrastructure that is created for Singaporean use. After all, it is your sovereign territory, and our King respects your people too much for any deals that don't benefit both your people and our own."

Yusuf was smiling through his words, his tone almost sanguine as he spoke with a confidence that showed no hesitation in his belief in the King's plan. "The only stipulation our side wishes to add on is for the port to be located on an island, rather than the mainland. For security reasons and out of respect of the civilian population, of course."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa