STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

National Address from Mexico

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Inside the National Palace
Mexico City, Mexico
September 2001, 1700, hrs.

Earlier this week a tweet was posted stating that President Fox of Mexico would be holding a Press Release, although for unknown reasons. Inside the National Palace armed security would be roaming the grounds, to include National Police, Military Police, and Presidential Protection Details. Snipers would be posted outside of the Palace, and bomb squads as well as K-9 assets would be called in. Metal detectors would be set up at the doors to the Palace. All media from around the world would be vetted and then permitted to enter the Palace. They would be given a badge and be guided to the Media section, off to the right of the stage in the first 5 rows. This address would be public to the world.

At approximately 1730 hrs. the Banda de Música (Music Band), from the Cuerpo de Guardias Presidenciales (Presidential Guard Corps) would come out onto the stage. Media would be permitted to take pictures. The band would do some warmups and tune their instruments. At 2000 hrs. They would begin to play the Himno Nacional Mexicano (National Anthem). The soldiers in the crowd would stand and salute as the civilians would stand. President Fox would walk out onto the stage and take up the platform. As the music came to a stop, everyone would be seated.

1675115351068.png

(The speech would be translated into all appropriate languages)​
"Thank you. Thank you all for being here tonight. Before I get started, I want to address a few people here with us tonight. Miss Emilia Rodriguez-Lopez, please stand up for us." A little girl in the back would stand along with her family. The crowd would clap. "Miss Emilia here is a survivor of Hurricane Bret. Now Hurricane Bret happened back in 1999, however Miss Emilia here was trapped under her home for 4 days before rescue crews could reach her. Her parents believed they had lost their only daughter and were stricken with grief. When rescue crews finally came, instead of being rushed to a hospital she did her civic duty and joined the relief effort. At 7 years old she was handing out water and food to those in need while in need herself. This embodies a great strength and basic humanity in an everyday civilian. For that I want to award you the Mexican Humanitarian Award. Thank you." President Fox would hang the medal around her neck. The crowd would once again clap. "Also here tonight, General Gonzalez, who led the charge against the Cartel Alliance in Juárez. His Valiant effort allowed him to not only retake the city but is continuing to make it prosper. So much so that the borders have been re-opened with the United States. His efforts are in keeping with the highest of honors. For suffering no casualties and facing down the enemy, while also preserving civilian life, I hereby award you the Medal of Military Merit." President Fox would place the Medal on General Gonzalez's Uniform. The crowd would clap. "And my last guest tonight, Marcelo Ebrard Casaubón." President Fox would look around the stage and then state in a humorous tone. "Hmm...I guess we ran out of medals." Some of the crowd would chuckle. "Mr. Casaubón took it upon himself to pick up after his predecessor as the Secretary of Foreign Relations. He has helped to improve our lines of communications with multiple nations and has worked with his colleagues to establish new trade networks, and business deals, bringing many jobs and resources to Mexico. Sir, you have my upmost gratitude, and I am proud to have you in my administration." The crowd would clap once more.

"When I first took office, I made many promises. For the end to the Cartels, Prosperity for Mexican Citizens, Financial rebirth and much more. I like to think that I have done much of what I promised, but it doesn't matter much what I think. What matters is how the public thinks. Based on my ratings I'd say pretty good." He would chuckle. "Last month I had my office put out a tweet that stated that the Cartels are gone from Mexico. Well clearly that isn't true is it Mr. Fox? No, it isn't true, well not completely. While yes, the Cartel Alliance is no longer operating in Mexico, there are still Cartels within the border. These sole survivors have not gone unnoticed by me nor the public. There are plans being drafted to rid these criminals from Mexico. Let me be clear however, Mexico is safer now than it has ever been in the last 80 years. The National Guard is currently stationed in key Cartel areas and are being weeded out slowly. General Flores of the National Guard will be leading this new front. We want to keep the fighting to a minimum. I have spoken with Cartel Leaders, and they don't wish for violence. I will accept nothing less than for them to be tried in our justice system. A national website will be created so that you the citizens can assist in the arrest of these criminals. This website will be completely anonymous."

President Fox would take a sip of water and continue to read the prompter.

"Now let me discuss so of Mexico's plans for foreign relations. I want to strengthen our relationship with the countries to the North, The United States (Odinson) and Canada (Nathan). My plan is to establish a free trade zone between the North American Countries. While this may not happen overnight, it is a goal worth striving for. I also want to pursue military contracts with the United States to strengthen our countries defense. Other key nations on my agenda are those in Africa. I want Mexico to have strengthened relations with African countries and provide overseas and domestic jobs, as well as develop trade agreements. In Asia, our greatest ally, Thailand (Bossza007) has been a supporter in all we have achieved together. I plan to increase production of jobs and schooling opportunities for both Thai and Mexican citizens. In Europe we seem to fall short on relations. This is due to many reasons. Sweden's (Connor) annexation of South Africa is still a thorn in the pile. Unlike my predecessor however I do not desire a war over a country that Mexico has no stake in. I do however condemn the actions of Sweden and will still demand the withdrawal of Swedish troops. Neocolonialism will not be tolerated. I urge the South African public to stand up for your freedom, the world will help. Now for the unpopular statement of the night. I along with my administration have been looking into the Global Assembly and possibly joining. An application to become an observer state was submitted under President Zedillo, although there was no response from the Global Assembly. Although I know the public wishes to remain independent of the Global Assembly, I am sad to say this may not be feasible for much longer. Mexico is largely cut off from much of the trade and arms dealings due to not being a member. This will significantly hinder us in the future. This goes against my promise of joining the Global Assembly, however it also goes against my promise of seeing a prosperous Mexico."

President Fox would take a few more sips of water before continuing.

"My last topic of the evening will be on the defense of Mexico. Currently I have sat down with the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of the Navy and have conducted a census of our fighting potential. While we do pose one of the largest fighting forces on the planet, our men and women in arms are severely lacking equipment. I have ordered the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of the Navy to adopt the United States model of organization and to step away from the European style of military that we have been accustomed to using. In doing so this will strengthen our branch's and have better communication and logistics on the modern battlefield. No longer will military equipment be stored in annexes for criminals to just come and take. All military equipment will be issued down to commanders and be assigned to units directly. This will ensure that our military is ready for any threat it may face. I have also increased the budget for the military from 6 billion USD to 19 billion USD annually. This large increase is due to our growing economy and the availability of funds. I also ordered the Secretary of the Navy to relinquish all Green Water Vessels to the Coast Guard, as we will be developing a Blue Water Navy in order to secure shipping lanes and compete with larger nations. I have been advised that all will be in order by the year 2005. Just in time for me to begin stepping down as President.

"Mexico is only as strong as the citizens that help it grow. We need to rebuild our roads, upgrade our hospitals with the most cutting-edge equipment, Improve our schools. Together, United, Strong! I want to thank you all once more for coming out tonight. Can I get one more round of applause for the honored guest of the evening."
The crowd would clap and cheer.
"Thank you all again, Good Night. Viva La Mexico!"

President Fox would walk off the stage smiling and waving as the crowd erupted in cheers. The band would begin to play again. At approximately 2100 hrs. members of the press would be able to go into a back room and ask any questions to President Fox on his speech. The rest of the Palace would clear out.

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Political Correspondents from the BBC attended the press booth to video the speech live for viewers back home. Following the closure of the speech, the press fell into the backroom and correspondent Geoff Beck was eager to query the economic element of the speech.

"Mr President, your speech highlighted a significant increase to your defence budget. Despite claims of economic growth to justify the increase, are there any current threats, or even potential threats you see in the next few years that would justify such rapid growth?
Or, is the goal to compete with the likes of the world powers; the US, UK and Sweden? Or perhaps just countries with larger armed forces in general?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
As multiple reporters began to enter the room, President Fox would be standing behind a podium with a Mexican Flag in the background.

He would call upon the correspondence from the BBC. President Fox would speak in English to answer the question.

"There are always threats, however determining which are true and which are false is what matters most. I rather Mexico be prepared in the event any are true. I have no delusion of Mexico becoming a Military power like that of the US, UK, or Sweden. Since the Cartel Alliance fell apart, many of their leaders fled into the US and Guatemala. I want Mexico to be prepared should they attempt to return. I also want to add that the current size of our Armed Forces will remain the same, the only change will be an increase of equipment purchased."
(Jamie)

President Fox would then stand patiently for the next question. Should none arrive then the Q&A would be closed.

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Arnold Black, The New York Times," said an American reporter. "Mister President, with Mexico's increased military capabilities, do you see any future military cooperation with the United States?" he asked.

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
President Fox would look over and take the question of Mr. Black from the New York Times.

"The United States has been a great ally in procuring military equipment. The United States has helped in producing most of our Blue Water Navy thus far, and they have helped improve our Air Force capabilities. Once funds have been allocated to SEDENA I will put together a military package to the United States. I would like to engage in military exercises with the United States to have our troops better understand the equipment. With the reorganization the SEDENA recognized key issues, one of which was formation of units, since the start of Mexico, we have used a European Style Military, I have instructed SEDENA that I want to move away from this in favor of a U.S. Style Military. I find this style to be more direct and gives more autonomy to the Commanders on the ground, sea, and air. If possible, I'd be open to signing a defense treaty with the United States. Other than Military however I have instructed my secretary to arrange a meet with President Gore to discuss economic options for our two nations." (Odinson)

"Does anyone else have any questions?" President Fox would ask.

Should none arrive then the Q&A would be closed.

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
"Bianka Duch with Polish News Agency. I have a couple questions for you in regards to the topics you mentioned earlier. In regards to the Cartels and their members, are you worried that the remnants may be looking for help from international Terrorist Organizations such as Al Qaeda or the Taliban to assist in their regrowth in the region?" She would ask as she stared at the list of questions written in her notepad.

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
President Fox would call upon the Polish correspondent Bianka Duch.

"As of right now, no I do not believe the Cartels will attempt to use outside terrorist organizations to regain power. All Cartel assets have been seized. Cartel banks have been shut down. They don't have the means to get assistance from anyone but themselves. My administration has been working closely with the U.S. to put an end to this criminal enterprise. I had my staff forward all documents pertaining to the whereabouts of any surviving leadership to the FBI and DEA. If they are on the run, then they will be caught. The U.S. is a far harder place to run a criminal organization than in Mexico. What makes me most nervous are the few that escaped south into Guatemala and Belize. Both governments are known for corruption and may give asylum for these criminals. This would be unacceptable to myself and the Mexican People." (ManBear)

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
The woman would write into the notepad as the president spoke.

"Thank you President Fox for such a well thought out answer. I'm sure a lot of people are worried about those few who escaped south into Guatemala and Belize. If I may, mister President, I have a few more questions to ask. With this new plan of a Blue Water Navy as you call it, do you see Mexico interacting with other nations across the water. Such as the UK or Sweden. Or even Poland? And as an immediate follow-up, would Mexico also be interested in assisting in humanitarian missions utilizing this new Blue Water Navy. As you called it?"

Drivindeath

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
Yes! Mr. President. Edvard Aas, NRK Nyheter. I have a question regarding your statements on Sweden. It is now widely known that the people of South Africa requested military and logistical aid from Sweden while under the yoke of its apartheid regime. With this help, South Africa has seen an increase in life expectancy along with a sharp decrease in hunger rates among children. With this knowledge, why have you insisted on calling the Swedish aiding the Nation of South Africa a quote “Annexation.” Has your government sympathies with its previous apartheid government? If you insist Sweden leave South Africa, will your nation help financially support them while they try to recover from years of exploitation and racism?

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
President Fox would listen to the Polish Correspondent then answer.

"Of course, with the creation of the Blue Water Navy, we will have the means to assist in humanitarian aid as well as conduct deployments independently. I would like to interact with our European partners more often although logistics has always put Mexico at a loss. With modern deep-water vessels, we will no longer be plagued by these logistical nightmares. As of right now SEDENA will be putting together a larger defense package than Mexico has ever seen before. This will include modern vessels as well as modern aircraft and ground vehicles. All of which will allow us to join the international community and assist those less fortunate around the world."
(ManBear)

President Fox would turn his attention to the Norwegian Correspondent.

"I disagree that it is widely known that the people of South Africa still want the presence of Sweden in their boarders still. The Global Assembly has yet to return to South Africa and reassess the situation. Sweden has been in South Africa far longer than anticipated. You can provide aid to a country other than military presence. While I agree that the former government of South Africa needed to go, I do not agree with a military occupation. This is a thin rope that Sweden and the Global Assembly as a whole is playing with. Of course, if Sweden was to leave South Africa, then Mexico will provide aid. The reasons for not providing aid now, is that the money would go to Sweden and not to South Africa.

Mexico had no ties to the previous South African regime, although what would you call a foreign military presence on your soil and establishing their laws on you called? I'd call that Annexation.

The previous administration of Mexico placed sanctions and bans on Sweden and South Africa. Since I took office, I have lifted all sanctions and the travel ban to Sweden to ease tensions. While there is still a travel ban on South Africa, it is due to the Swedish Military presence and not because of South Africa itself. I understand the need to rebuild a government in South Africa. Although I feel this task should not fall solely on Sweden's shoulders. My stance is this, Sweden removes its Armed Forces and a Global Assembly Peace Keeping Force be moved in to restore order. I call for further investigations into this matter and not just the words of Sweden itself."
(Vaka)

Axis12

People’s Republic of China
Feb 11, 2021
Zhang Hui, Chief political correspondent for China Hoy, a Chinese State owned Spanish speaking newspaper in Mexico would speak.

“Zhang Hui, China Hoy. Mr. President, given the facts that there have been allegations of inaction and lack of meaningful progress by the Global Assembly regarding serious international concerns along with accusations of European Bias in the leadership by Eastern states, do you think it’s wise to subjugate the Mexican People to the laws of foreign powers?

Drivindeath

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020
A young woman would speak up from the press, "Mr. President, Aveline Segal with the Congo Ledger, Could you elaborate on your administration's goal with African relations? Do you see your government working economically or militarily with the region?"

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
An advisor would step behind President Fox and whisper in his ear. He would wave off his advisor with a swish of his hand.

"Ok seems I can only take on a few more questions." He would call upon Zhang Hui of China Hoy.

"I do not believe that by joining the Global Assembly that I would be 'subjugating the Mexican People to the laws of foreign powers.' I do believe that by joining we can be the voice for the voiceless. While I have seen from an outside perspective of this European Bias you speak of, I do hope that Mexico could change that. Rules on land acquisition need to be readdressed along with human rights, and much, much more. Perhaps we can also pass some legislation to limit this inaction the GA has a habit of producing as well." (Axis12)

"Ok I can take one more." President Fox would announce as he scanned the room. "You from the Congo Ledger." President Fox would say as he pointed into the crowd at the Correspondent from the Congo.

"Of course. Let me first state that my primary goal with African Relations is to see Africa prosper. This will come in the form of trade, education, and the workforce. My administration has spoken with Angola in the past and unfortunately due to my administrations error, we have ceased communications. This was not due to a dislike for one another, but rather just a failure to continue talks. I want to reopen these communications and extend them to African countries as a whole. For education I want to allow African Students to come to Mexico to learn and to have Mexican Students and opportunity to learn in Africa.

As far as the Military aspect on things this would have to be a case-by-case situation. I do not want any military bases in Africa and instead I would like to focus on joint partnerships with African Countries. So, to answer your question I would suggest a more economic approach, although military isn't ruled out either."
(Kelly the Mad)

"Thank you all for your time. I do have to go unfortunately. If it wasn't for my advisors telling me that I have so much to do, I could sit here and talk to everyone all day." President Fox would give out a laugh and wave as he got up from his seat and walked into a back room. The room would be going off with photos being taken and reporters attempting to still ask questions. The reporters would be escorted off the grounds and be thanked for their time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien