STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Netherlands] Meeting with Germany

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Dutch Ambassador to the Federal Republic of Germany Josefien Daalmans started packing her briefcase with documents she though she might require at the meeting. She had been tasked with meeting the German Minister of Foreign Affairs in order to kickstart bilateral relations between the Netherlands and Germany. Once packed she exited the embassy and stepped into a waiting taxi which safely delivered her to the Ministry.

She walked into the building and headed straight for the reception where she would identify herself and ask if it was possible to schedule a meeting with the Foreign Minister.

@Fairhold

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Minister would be informed and the Ambassador would be brought to his Office, he would welcome her with open arms.
"Pleasure to meet you Mrs. Daalmans, please have a seat, do you wish anything to drink? Possibly Food?"

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Minister Kinkle, thank you for hosting this meeting. It is a true pleasure to meet you." The ambassador said as she extended her hand to greet him. "A cup of tea would be most appreciated."

Last edited:

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
A cup of tea would be prepared for the both of them, and brought in with sugar ready to be plopped into the liquid.

"So, what do you wish to discuss?" Kinkle said while setting himself comfortable in his chair.

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The ambassador graciously accepted the warm beverage and placed two cubes of sugar into the cup before stirring it. "Well Minister, my government was hoping I could gather some information about you cabinet, your policies and your future plans for Germany, Europe and the world. Would it be possible for you to share your vision of the future, perhaps there are some sectors in which we could cooperate."

@Fairhold

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"My government, as one view and one view only, Peace and Prosperity for the world, can it be achieved? Possibly, if we join up with like minded nations. For far to long Germany as been at the forefront of....the creator of.. tensions in the world, we wish to turn a new page in our history. We do not wish to continue to cause trouble in the world. But seek to stop it." He would pause for a moment.

"Germany knows to well the wills and whims of authoritarianism, unfortunately...What about the Netherlands?"

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"The Netherlands is currently in the process of rebuilding its armed forces, with the dissolution of NATO and the destabilization of Europe, the ability to defend ourselves and our interest is as important as ever. The Ministry of Defence has therefore requested me to begin preliminary discussions in regards to the procurement of certain German equipment, such as the Brandenburg-class frigate, Oste-class fleet service ship, Leopard 2 main battle tank, I was hoping it would be possible for you to pass on these requests to the relevant authorities."

"Furthermore, it is my governments position to promote European cooperation on all levels, political, economical, scientific and the list goes on. We also wish to cooperate on a wide range of issues with partners all over the world."

@Fairhold

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We agree with everything you just spoke off, Europe is very destabilized at the moment, we wish to be a factor of stabilization. Which is why a Mutual-Cooperation Treaty with the Netherlands would be very good, it would cement our ideals in helping guide Europe to a strong position in the world. Or at least serve as example for Europe to follow. Regarding the equipment it would be best for you to send a list detailing what you require to the Ministry of Defence."

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I'll pass it on and ensure my Ministry of Defence contacts its counterpart here in Germany."

"This Mutual Cooperation Treaty, the Netherlands is always interested in expanding cooperation with it's partners, however would it be possible that you could offer me a bit more detail in regards to what such a treaty would entail? What aspects of cooperation would be involved in such an agreement?"

@Fairhold

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Well, it would detail that in all aspects around europe, we would cooperate to try and find a peacefull resolution between various parties, we would also cooperate in the military sense, with exercises and equipment acquisition, while also sharing any inteligence brifing about terrorism, cyber security and any knowledge that may protect the others sovereignty."

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"The Netherlands is looking to increase pan-European cooperation and is most interested in hearing your proposal. Would it surmount to a comprehensive security agreement on a multilateral scale? Or would it simply be a bilateral agreement between our two nations?"

"I can state the Netherlands would be more than willing to cooperate on fronts such as international policing and intelligence sharing, however in regards to military cooperation the Netherlands is currently attempting to see how our partners feel about a reoganisation of NATO or the establishment of a similar organisation, may I hear your governments policy to that regards?"

@Fairhold

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"It would be a more Bilateral Agreement, sharing borders, I think it is paramount that we cooperate on this front, especially in a very fragmented Europe. We would operate in the venues of Cybersecurity, counter-terrorism, counter-insurgency, in disaster reliefs. And in a Diplomatic way as well, keep the peace in Europe, and finding diplomatic solutions to problems that may rise.

I haven't had any information about this reorganisation of NATO.. but I do believe it is a great idea to have one of these alliances around in order to serve as a deterrent towards other governments with expansionist leaning. However it is our Doctrine, and one that our King and Chancellor hold dear, due to what happen previously, to not join any multiparty alliance and focus solely on a defensive army and solely worry ourself with our immediate region. We do not wish to be a global power or a global leader of any sorts. We already have suitable nations with better capability for it, such as the US, the UK, China, Russia, and so on be it for good or for bad.

However, what objective this alliance would serve? Would it be the same as the previous NATO? With the old saying of "Keeping the Americans in, Germans down and the Russians out?" Or a more expanded objective?"

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"If you have a draft proposal, I could present it to the Council of Ministers when they meet next in order to allow them to discuss the terms of such a bilateral treaty. Or if you wish I could schedule a meeting with an appropriate minister and yourself to discuss this at a higher level."

"Well such a reorganisation is merely a point of discussion at this time, we are attempting to seek the opinion of our partners for the establishment of such an organisation. I imagine that we would use the old alliance as a foundation, however ensure we do not make the same mistakes. Therefore there would be more of a focus on mutual defence cooperation than the organisation being a coalition army which has to intervene in every conflict. I imagine it could also perform crisis response missions where one state cannot resolve the issue by itself and requests the assistance of its allies."

@Fairhold

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We were drafting part of a proposal before we have meet with you, in the case you were accepting of this idea, my aides are currently finishing up th details, and I should get the full document in a couple minutes, of course it could always be changed if you don't agree with any amend. While we wait, I would also like to ask you about a proposition we would like to be seen presented and passed in the Global Assembly, we are seeking sponsors for a possible resolution on the GA, to prevent another mishap like the Suez Crisis, and the tension even today regarding that passage. We are looking to propose a resolution which prevents single entities like Nations and Commercial Organizations to have ownership of such passages, its critical to the well being of Trade and Society, this passages are a testament to our capabilities as humans to shorten vast distances between lands. This would mean that Nations such as Panama and Egypt could not forcefully close these passages in the Suez Canal and the Panama Canal, this however would also extend towards other passages like Gibraltar Straits, Bosphorus Straits, Malaca Straights et cetera to be of free use to all nations with seafaring capabilities. What is your opinion on this? If you agree would you support this resolution? They would be maintained by the Global Assembly Administrative Body. We do have the resolution ready, and if you wish you could take a look at it?"

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"This is a most delicate topic, so it I would have to definitely refer this proposal back to The Hague in order to offer you a proper response in regards to your request for support. However, my greatest concern is that it conflicts with the policy of the government I represent. While we of course support the expansion of free trade and wish to see no tariffs or barriers implemented, we cannot support a resolution that would strip Egypt or Panama of its rightfully sovereign territory. The only way we could ever support such a proposal were if it was done voluntarily, though I do not see any government willing to relinquish their hold of such an strategic and valuable interest. Therefore I'm going to have to preliminarily say that I do not believe that the Dutch government will be able to support such a proposal."

@Fairhold

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I understand your concerns, but as you have seen Egypt as time and time again, used this boon to disrupt Trade and Relations, these canals don't belong to just a nation, they belong to the entire human race, as a testment to your capability to work together"

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We understand your position, and as supporters of free trade we do not wish to see the Suez being used as a political tool. However, legally it is the sole property of Egypt and we fully respect their sovereignty over it. It might be beneficial if you were to reach out to the Egyptian government and involve them to ensure that it is a mutually beneficial proposal, as that would significantly strengthen your resolution."

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Perhaps it would be best to speak with the Egyptian Government, they'll most likely deny it but i do believe there is much they could gain, especially in the diplomatic front of things... What do you think of the situation unravelling in Belgium?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II