STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[NL-UK-US] Defence Summit

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Perhaps we ought to start this with a joint training exercise to see how that progresses? If we have an exercise where it doesn't run smoothly in terms of consistency, or a lack of willingness to be involved, then it will probably give us an insight into how an alliance would run. I'm slightly concerned with the talk in this meeting occurring but nothing really progressing. Its just concept with no one really taking the lead on it and keeping it going. Given it was our Dutch Counterparts to host this meeting with the intent, please could they advise how they would like to move forward?"

@Dutchy
@John

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"My government's intention was the bring us, the highest representatives in regards to our nations national defence, together in order to discuss future defence cooperation. We see this as the beginning of a long friendship which develops over time, there is no need to rush through anything."

"We are pleased by the progress made here in regards to voicing each of our government's policies, and I believe we can conclude that there is a desire to reestablish the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation or establish a similar though new organisation, though both of these processes should not be rushed."

"I would like to suggest the following, we conclude this meeting where we sign a Mutual Defence Agreement (MDA) where we state our desire to assist each other in our times of need, we set up an committee to explore possibilities in regards to the establishment of an inter-governmental defence organisation and attempt to write a draft treaty, lastly we agree to organise a joint exercise in order to improve our military cooperation in order to allow our units to effectively work together."

"Are there any objections to these steps I have proposed, changes and additions are also welcome."

@Jamie @John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I agree with what you have proposed. Creating an Alliance is not something you can do straight away, however a MDA would see our countries become closer friends and show the world that we are prepared to defend our friends if need be"

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
A copy of the MDA would be distributed between the Dutch and American Delegates for them to review the updated draft. Allowing their input.

Document given to Delegates

"Here is a formal MDA we've put together based on the draft from the American Delegation. A few points refined but open for any new amendments you would propose."

@Dutchy @John

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We see no issue with the draft mutual defence agreement which you have provided, though there is one point we wish to bring up for discussion is withdrawal. Since this is simply an MDA and not a intergovernmental military organisation we feel that a one-year withdrawal period seems excessive. We would therefore wish to suggest that it be brought down to six-months."

"I also wish to inform you that prior to being able to sign this agreement, my government will be required to gain parliaments approval for our ratification. We will be looking to expedite the issue and suspect it should not take longer than a month after we have agreed to a final draft of the document here."

@John @Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"We have amended the treaty to reflect the requested change from one year withdrawal notice to six months. If there are no more amendments required, I'd like to offer this as the proposed final draft to return to our respective governments to look to get approval and then get it signed."

Document given to Delegates

Dutchy John

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II