STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Nordic Council]: Emergency Session [9712-001]

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Major General Kristin Lund was the Supreme Nordic Commander was in the meeting stood up from her chair as she spoke down her microphone, it was a change in topic with the recent news of stuff happening in Bangladesh. She was concerned with the happenings ongoing and was being fed information from her staff who were sat next to her.

"Ambassadors, I am receiving quite concerning news from the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs of attacks occurring in Bangladesh which is quite concerning as the Bangladeshi elections were just a matter of days away. To my understanding - Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Brazil share an embassy or share the same complex where embassies are located and the Norwegian Government has locked down our part of the embassy in Dhaka. I just wanted to receive any news from the rest of our Nordic Council partners incase this moves in a direction that we don't need, is there any news from your Ministry of Foreign Affairs how your staff are doing?"

Connor Jay Vaka Nathan

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"I have been informed by my Minister of Foreign Affairs that our embassy has been temporarily closed and non essential staff advised not to travel to the region. We've received no credible threat against the embassy at present, but maybe a plan for a emergency evacuation should be made between the council members?

It might be wise for us to send a maritime force to the region to monitor and potential intervene to secure the embassies if needed?"

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I have requested a security review of our mission in Bangladesh to ensure the welfare of staff abroad, my understanding from the Swedish Department of Foreign Affairs is that at present this threat is isolated and not directly to the building we all occupy itself? I am keen to keep our mission open as long as possible however I have to be honest I am unsure of the extent of the situation in Bangladesh... Major General are you able to give more specifics? Loss of life? Direct threat and risk of harm or damage to our missions?"

"I have to concur with the Danish Ambassador in that Sweden has previously seen our missions sieged in Belgium and Argentina which lead to substantial loss of life in one and the unlawful arrest and detention of diplomats in the other. We simply cannot allow this to happen again otherwise we could see the loss of trust and integrity of diplomatic missions abroad making their existence redundant. I agree and promote the use of pre-emptive maritime deployment in order to have an immediate contingency if and when required."

"Ambassador for Korea, has there been any involvement from your perspective? Any threat to you or your mission?"

Vaka Zak Nathan Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
As the Supreme Nordic Commander Major General Lund informed the council of the situation developing in Dhaka, a South Korean man would enter the chambers with a handwritten note which he handed to the Ambassador respectfully. The Ambassador nodded to him as he read it and let him go as the aide existing the chambers back outside to communicate with Seoul. The Ambassador read the note and handed it to his political advisor who read it and nodded before whispering something into the Ambassadors ears. Their economic advisor simply sat there looking at them as she just nodded her head. The Ambassador waited as the other spoke, as the Swedish Ambassador finished his speech, the South Korean aide returned with another note updating them on the situation. The Ambassador read it as he heard the Swedish asking him a question...there would be a brief silence as the South Korean Ambassador handed the note to the advisor who whispered something. The political aide whispering something to the economic aide next to him about the situation as the Ambassador spoke.

Clearing his throat as he turned on the microphone.
"I apologize for the brief pause Ambassador. At this time, he looked down at the note, The ROK Embassy in Dhaka appears to be one of the primary targets of the attack, alongside the German Embassy. We do not know at this time if it was the main target or by association of being near the American Embassy. We have not released any official statement at this time and we are learning the details. All we know is that...there are some causalities, and extensive damage has occurred to the diplomatic mission. We don't know the full damage suffered at the German Mission, however, the attackers launched an attack on both missions." The South Koreans would omit the fact that South Korean special forces operating in India had been redeployed and were the ones to end the siege, instead opting to leave some ambiguity. As well as the fact that Korea was denying it had any soldiers in India, it would make Bangladesh look completely inept in handling the security of their mission...not that the news the Korean Embassy had been bombed and raided would convince anyone otherwise. "At this stage, we do not have any information on the attackers or their motives. They were all neutralized. That is all I know at this time."

Connor Zak Vaka Nathan

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"From what my advisers have told me, the German and South Korean embassies were indeed the primary target. I am unsure whether this is the work of the Bangladeshi Government and/or Armed Forces or if its the work of local terrorist organisations but I do support a deployment to the region in the form of a marine deployment who can remain on standby should they have to move at a moments notice. As the Swedish Ambassador has mentioned, we cannot allow for diplomatic missions and staff to be attacked and for staff to feel unsafe in their working environment."

Connor Jay Nathan Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
Ambassador Gebhardt von Moltke was first to hear the reports of the attacks in Bangladesh from the South Korean Ambassador. Shocked, he looked to one of his aides who was quickly brining him a more up to date report on the situation at the German Embassy there in Bangladesh. With the report in his hands, he read with horror of the situation on the ground. His hands were shaking as he slowly grabbed the mic to speak.

My friends things look quite bleak at our embassy in Bangladesh. We have unconfirmed reports of at least 2 dead and 5 others wounded. Major structural damage done to the grounds of the embassy and it is no longer safe for our staff there. They have started with shredding classified documents along deleting sensitive files on computers there in an effort to completely abandon the embassy. We will need help getting these mission staff out of Bangladesh and back to Germany. We can have planes down there soon, but I fear that airports might not be completely safe with political uncertainties concerning Bangladesh.

Commander Lund we are opening to any suggestions you might have. We want to get those people evacuated from our embassy as soon as possible.

Zak Jay Nathan Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
President Jessica Polfjärd would take a point of order in the chamber and lean into her microphone.

"For the sake of continued transparency within the chamber and ensuring we are held accountable for decisions made within this chamber I will enact the necessity for this Emergency Session to end and a new one to take it's place on the subject of the evolving situation in Bangladesh. We will take a short recess before we return. Thank you."

With that the President would rise from her chair and leave the chambers, along with her aides.

Reactions: Jay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II