STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Norway]: Message for Estonia

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Security Classification: ENCRYPTED

Dear Eva-Maria Liimets, Minister of Foreign Affairs

I would like to offer my congratulations on behalf of the Kingdom of Norway to Prime Minister Kaja Kallas and the new government sworn in by the Riigikogu and hope that our two countries can continue our close cooperation through your governments term in office and beyond. Relations between Estonia and Norway are characterised by close co-operation in the areas of economy, culture and defence. Our relations have stemmed from the Kingdom of Norway recognising the Republic of Estonia de jure on 5 February 1921. Norway never recognised the illegal annexation of the Baltic states by the Soviet Union and continues to share a close bond with your country until this day.

I would like to host you here in Oslo but understand that you may still be settling into your role so would suggest that a phone call may take place between myself and yourself at the earliest possible convenience which is suitable for you.

Best regards,
Jens Stoltenberg
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Kai

Kai

Newcomer
Aug 5, 2018
120px-Coat_of_arms_of_Estonia.svg.png

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
SECRET

Your Excellency Jens Stoltenberg, Minister of Foreign Affairs,

Thank-you for your congratulatory message. The Government of Estonia has always regarded the Norwegian people as a close cultural friend of the people of Estonia. I will establish a private and encrypted call with haste.

Yours sincerely,
Eva-Maria Liimets
Minister of Foreign Affairs

The Office of the Minister would establish a secure video-link to the Norweigan MOFA. "Hello Jens, this is Eva speaking. Are you with us? Pleasure to take your call...I believe you are my first as Minister. Congratulations!"

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Jens' Chief of Staff speaks through an intercom as he leans back into his chair within the confines of his office, informing him of the impending video call from the Estonian Foreign Minister and he connects to the video call through an encrypted channel before speaking.

"Is this thing working.... Ah, yes... Eva, hello! A very good morning to you in Tallinn, how are things in Estonia with the recent election win?"

Kai

Newcomer
Aug 5, 2018
"It's all going rather well Jens, and a very good morning to you as well. We're in the process of settling in and getting our feet...I trust you have heard of our Prime Minister's speech to Parliament earlier this morning laying down our foreign policy priorities under this Government. We are all very keen on hearing more about the Nordic Council and the process by which my country can enhance cooperation not just with the Council but with Norway as well. Please, Jens, do tell me about the activities of the Nordic Council over the last few months."

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I was just watching the speech on YouTube before my Chief of Staff informed me that you was on the line... Well I can inform you that the Nordic Council is a multitude of nations stretching around the world, from here in Europe to the newly appointed Republic of Korea as an observer nation. As a member of the Nordic Council, you will be able to appoint an ambassador to the Nordic Council where you can express your views on a number of subjects. We recently held a debate on the Russian and European financial crisis where we came to a conclusion on how to vote in the Global Assembly.

Overall, we're a group of nations with the same-shared interests, global cooperation in a number of fields as we strive for a better world. I will bring this document to your attention, it is work in progress but should suffice to you and your government."

Jens pulls up a document on screen which allows the Estonian Minister to browse through the document.

Kai

Newcomer
Aug 5, 2018
"One must understand that it is not our desire to seek membership within the first few days of assuming office, but we would like to informally express to yourself and other member nations our desire to form some kind of working arrangement in terms of trade as a matter of priority. Our economy depends on free trade and one of our foreign policy cornerstones is the advancement of globalisation...to that end, Jens, what do you think the Nordic Council's view would be on a free trade agreement with Estonia?"

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"The Nordic Council encourages member states to open trade routes between each state and to my knowledge, although there isn't a council-wide agreement, members are encouraged to pursue free trade agreements but the Secretary General is more inclined to offer you any advice that you may seek. It would be a pleasure to work alongside Estonia in the future if you join the Nordic Council."

Kai

Kai

Newcomer
Aug 5, 2018
"Fantastic, we intend on opening a dialogue with the Secretary-General imminently. Now, forgive me, but you were the phone who initiated the phone-call: is there anything that you would like to discuss specifically?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We would like to open a trade route between our two countries, specifcally we would like to open a route between Oslo snd Tallinn where we offer a number of exports that your country may be interested in... or this can be left till a later date until your office can handle such requests?"

Kai

Kai

Newcomer
Aug 5, 2018
"The introduction of a trade route between our two countries is a splendid idea. We are willing to legislate this through our parliament."

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"If that is all, I will allow you to continue your integration into your new role. Goodbye for now Minister." The call ended as Jens returned to other duties.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II