STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Norway] Phone Call to The United States of America

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
King Enoch's personal secretary picked up her phone and made a call on an encrypted line from the Royal Palace in Oslo to the White House. She informed the relevant person that she was with the Office of The King of Norway and needed to speak with President Obama's Chief of Staff at his earliest convenience. Once on the line, she informed him that King Enoch wished to call President Obama that afternoon and have a private conversation with him. If this request was granted and a time was agreed upon, King Enoch would make a call on his encrypted private line to President Obama around 2:00PM Eastern Standard Time (EST), or another time if that one wasn't appropriate. If it was arranged, he waited for the American President to pick up the phone and answer.

@John

Last edited:

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Obama, who happened to be sat in the Oval Office as his aide alerted him to the phone call, would pick up the phone. The line had already been encrypted by White House Security. "Good afternoon Your Majesty, how can I be of service?"

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Good afternoon, Mister President," Enoch responded in his distinctly Norwegian accent. "I am calling for a couple of reasons. First, I wanted to express Norway's sorrow for what happened New York City. Anyone who purposely kills innocent people like that is an enemy of mankind. If there is anything that my government can do to help, please reach out... I am very sorry that happened.

"Also, I was wondering if you might find it appropriate for us to meet, sometime soon? As I'm sure you are aware, Norway has applied to join ISAF. My country is already on very good terms with Britain and The Netherlands - I think The Great Winter really helped unite Northern and Western Europe - however interaction between Norway and the United States has been... limited. As I'm sure you are busy in Washington, I would be happy to hop the Atlantic along with the Queen, and perhaps Prime Minister Holt, if that is convenient for you."

@John

Last edited:

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Thank you for your support in this matter, however I feel like it should be me who is expressing my sorrow to you for the death of Morten Jonassen. Is it possible that I can get the contact information for his family so I can express my sympathies to them?" There would be a brief pause, before Obama moved to the King's second statement. "I would be more than welcome to host yourself, Her Majesty and the Right Honourable Holt in Washington, although everything is up in the air at the moment with this attack, I feel like a state visit with you will show everyone that the world is united against terror. When do you think will be convenient for yourself?"

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Mister Jonassen is a national hero for the incredible life he lived - we're going to have his body lying in state at Oslo Cathedral once we get him home. From what I've been told, they'll be leaving New York City tomorrow morning. My Foreign Minister spoke with Mrs. Jonassen today, and I'll be meeting her when she gets back to Scandinavia. I'm sure it would be a comfort for the Jonassen family if you gave her a call - I'll have my office share her number with you... That's very nice of you, Mister President," Enoch answered.

"The three of us could fly over in a few days, after Mr. Jonassen's funeral. Thank you for being willing to host us. Since our countries have had little interaction in the past, I think our unity over this will be a powerful statement to the world. I look forward to meeting you, Mister President."

If President Obama had nothing else to add, then they could end the phone call. The Office of The King would privately send Mrs. Jonassen's phone number to the White House so the President could make the call if he so chose. They also privately informed the White House what the exact flight plan of the King's aircraft would be, when they would take off, when they would land, and other important details.

A caveat at the end noted that the King and Queen wished to make a low-profile visit to New York City and spend a few days there after the state visit to Washington D.C. The caveat said that they would cancel these plans if the FBI or Secret Service didn't think it was safe, or if the administration would prefer that they didn't.

@John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II