STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Oman] Diplomatic Correspondence to the United Kingdom

Motziche

Newcomer
Mar 27, 2023

Sultanate of Oman
Ministry of Foreign Affairs

This correspondence is encrypted and highly sensitive

Dear Foreign Minister Adams Jamie,

It is with great honour that I open official diplomatic communications between our two governments. I would like to take this opportunity to further our diplomatic relations and explore areas of establishing additional foundations and routes of greater economic cooperation.

Although diplomatic relations between Oman and the UK weren't officially initiated until June 1971 with the agreement to raise the level of bilateral representation to Embassies, Omani-British relations can be traced as far back as to the early 18th Century. Throughout the centuries, Omani and British interaction and cooperation grew to such an extent that's it's said Oman became a de facto colony of Britain as early as 1800. Britain played a major pivotal role in the modern day formation of Oman, with your nation's decisive participation in our unification wars of Jebel Akhdar (1955) and Dhofar (1965). This we continue to be thankful for. As result of our long entrenched history of cooperation and bilateral support, we have come to consider the UK our closest ally outside the Arab world.

I believe our countries' relationship can continue and develop much further going into the 21st Century.

I would like to inform you that as part of the re-invigoration of our diplomatic relations, we would be assigning Ambassador. Badr Mohammed Badr Al Mantheri to serve as our representative in London.

With the absenteeism and lack of internationally active governments in our region, we aspire for Oman to become the vanguard and gateway to the Middle-East and Arab World, an aspiration that will certainly benefit the UK. To facilitate this, we would like to open formal discussions between Oman and UK in order to progress our cross-border partnerships and integration in numerous areas, including science and technology, education, trade, law enforcement, immigration, energy and national security.

We look forward to hearing your reply and your ambitions for Omani-British relations.

Yours Sincerely,

Sayyid Badr bin Hamad bin Hamood Al Busaidi

Minister of Foreign Affairs
Sultanate of Oman

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
Security Classification:
SECRET

To: Sayyid Badr bin Hamad bin Hamood Al Busaidi Motziche
Cc:
Subject: Re: UK-Oman Relations

Good Afternoon,

I have been forwarded your email by the Foreign Office due to Secretary Adams current engagement, as the new UK Ambassador to Oman, I feel to be in a position to be the first point of contact to explore diplomatic relations between our countries.

As a country with a rich history and deep-rooted cultural heritage, Oman holds a significant place in the international community. The United Kingdom recognizes the valuable contributions made by Oman to reg1ional stability, security, and economic prosperity. Our countries share a long-standing history of friendly interactions, mutual respect, and cooperation, which have laid the foundation for what could develop into a meaningful and fruitful bilateral relationship.

I can clear my schedule and be available at your earliest convenience to begin such discussions, either through phone call or I am happy to transit to your office to converse in person depending on your preference.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kindest Regards,
Oliver

Oliver Tate | UK Ambassador to Oman |

Motziche

Newcomer
Mar 27, 2023

Sultanate of Oman
Ministry of Foreign Affairs

This correspondence is encrypted and highly sensitive

Dear Ambassador Tate Jamie,

I am glad to receive you're reply.

I am happy to hear that you share a mutual value and respect Omani-British relations and history
I believe such discussions are best conducted face-to-face and would like to invite you to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for a meeting with myself at your earliest convenience.

The agenda we propose for our discussion includes, but is not limited to:
- Activities in the Gulf and Middle-East region
- Omani - British immigration
- Security and law enforcement, including the proposal of an extradition treaty
- Culture and Education

I, of course, encourage any other items of discuss you wish to include.

I will look forward to our meeting.

Yours Sincerely,

Sayyid Badr bin Hamad bin Hamood Al Busaidi

Minister of Foreign Affairs
Sultanate of Oman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa