RP'ing The Philippines, RL'ing The Philippines
- Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted
OPLAN Kabutihan (English: Kindness) is a routine operation of the Philippine Coast Guard tasked to meet the following objectives:
- Delivery medical supplies to the Filipino civilian populace in the Pag-asa Island (Thitu Island)
- Delivery school supplies for Pag-asa Elementary School
- Patrolling of the Philippine' administered and claimed areas of the Spratly Group of Islands in compliance with Global Assembly's Law of the Seas Resolution
- BRP Cape San Agustin (Gregorio del Pilar-class Frigate)
- 1x PZL -W3ARM Anakonda Helicopter (embarked in BRP Cape San Agustin)
- 100x Coast Guard Sailors (80x Ship Crew + 20x armed security)
- 2x Coast Guard Pilots
- 3x Coast Guard Medics
- 20x UDMC PVAR Rifles with Aselsan A100 optics
- 10x Canon SLR Cameras
- 5x GPS phones
- 10x crates of medicines and supplements
- 5x crates of school supplies (pencils, erasers, ballpen, pad papers, boxes of chalk, chalk board, pencil sharpeners)
In Coast Guard District Palawan (CGD PAL) of Puerto Princesa (Palawan), coast guard sailors and auxilarist has finished their routine ship inspection and preventive maintenance checks on the BRP Cape San Agustin and the PZL-W3ARM SAR helicopter; making sure that all assets shall be fully operational for the routine mission to Kalayaan municipality in Pag-asa Island – 280 nautical miles away from Puerto Princesa, Palawan.
The crew of BRP Cape San Agustin, including the pilots and medics started embarking the ship. Once the ship and helicopter are fully supplied, fully provisioned, fully fueled, supplies for Pag-asa Island citizen are loaded, and the crews are all in good physical and mental health condition, the contingent will set sail for Pag-asa Island.
BRP Cape San Agustin will travel at OJ to the lower fringes of OK, navigating through the safe routes of South China Sea where ample sea depth permits safe draught margin for BRP Cape San Agustin. The Coast Guard Auxiliarist in CGD PAL also sent a private, encrypted message to the Vietnam Vietnam Navy and Vietnam Coast Guard informing them of BRP Cape San Agustin mission as the coast guard ship will be entering Vietnamese EEZ.