STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[POR] Phone call to Zimbabwe

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
An encrypted Phonecall would be made by the Prime Minister, Donato David Nogueira, to the Executive council in Zimbabwe.

J.Hyde

J.Hyde

Apprentice
Jul 31, 2020
Strix

Trevor Hawkins quickly picked up the phone and answered.

"Hello? Trevor Hawkins, Chairman of The Provisional Executive Council of Zimbabwe speaking."

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"Hello, my name is Donato Nogueira, current Prime Minister of Portugal. I'm truly sorry for what happened with recent events, and I'd like to express condolences to you and your people. I'd like to discuss with you and your accomplices in helping Zimbabwe recover from its recent government collapse. While I know that there may be already other nations offering their support, I'd like to ask you if there's anything we can do, particularly ones involving infrastructure. "

J.Hyde

J.Hyde

Apprentice
Jul 31, 2020
Strix

"Anything you can do, we will graciously accept, sir," Trevor said. "We need engineers, security, administrative staff, food, water, construction supplies, money. Zimbabwe is a blank slate, there's nothing salvageable here from the fallen administration, it was all rotten to the core. As a result, people are beginning to suffer. We are already receiving support from Zaire, Canada, Ireland, France, Spain, and Argentina, but more is needed, so much more. An entire country fit for the approximately 12 million people living here needs to be built from scratch. The Council can't do that alone."

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"I can send you elements of Engineers from our Armed forces, as well as basic goods and amenities. We'll also be able to send you 20 officers from our newly formed Royal Dragoons, a special forces corps, that would aid in training fresh new recruits on the basic combat in order to increase stability within your country. If I may, I can also provide you a group of economists, administrators, and security experts that would aid your executive council in handling the country. They would roughly be 30 people in size, and we'll send them there along with the officers."

The Minister would find a place to sit before picking a manila folder labeled 'Construction Companies' in Portuguese. He would open it and take out a couple of folders before putting it back in its place.

"We can help in construction efforts around Zimbabwe, just say what we need to build and we'll see to it. As a gesture of good faith, this would be free of charge, as clearly, Zimbabwe has suffered far enough. We do not wish to be a burden, but simply as a foundation for a better future of your people. Once things are stable, however, we'll return to Portugal as our job has been done but an extension can be arranged in the near future."

J.Hyde

J.Hyde

Apprentice
Jul 31, 2020
Strix

Trevor released a massive huff of surprise.

"The Portuguese Government would cover the costs?" He said in amazement. "I... I don't know what to say... Th-Thank you, a thousand times, thank you. You have no idea how much this means to the country. There is... So much that needs to be done. The sewers are broken, there's literal human excrement overflowing into the streets, the people can't drink the water, because it has sewage in it, I..."

Trevor let one of his hands cover his face as he let out a strained sob.

"It's just so bad right now," He said, while fighting back the tears that were welling up. "I wake up every morning and just think; 'How much must these foreign heroes think we're savages?' We have all these people coming to the country to help us, and they're welcomed with the stench of literal shit, because... We can't even provide water to drink or flush our toilets. I was born here when it was Rhodesia. It was racist, I recognise and admit that, but the toilets flushed, there was food for blacks and whites in abundance, electricity, telephones... And it's all gone. That monster, Mugabe, took a country that, while backward in terms of its attitude towards blacks, was thriving. Now, it's literally hell on earth."

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"Don't worry Mr. Hawkins. The reign of Mugabe is no more, and you and your people can start building a far better Zimbabwe, perhaps even better than what Rhodesia has achieved. Truly, this is your country, your people, and clearly you need all the help you could get. I can propose to the Royal Assembly a 4 year-plan in revitalizing Zimbabwe's economy and quality of life, starting with sewage treatment. Perhaps from there, with the guidance of your newly formed UZACOM, Portugal can start bringing in building materials, projects, and equipment for the betterment of the common people."

With sympathy in his voice, he clearly felt what Trevor had felt over the line. He was moving towards a more optimistic mindset, hoping for a better future. He would open up his personal notebook, flip a couple of pages before stopping it with his pen. He would scan around the lines before continuing.

"While we wait for a response from the Assembly, I can vouch for a total budget of $2 billion, distributed as $500 million per year. This should be more than enough to cover the basic costs and amenities of such large-scale projects. Again, this would be free of charge, as a gesture of good faith... Too few countries these days truly believe in the concept of charity. Nonetheless, I would appoint Alexandrina Coelho, a promising member of the Royal Assembly, as the head of our delegation in revitalizing Zimbabwe.

Her mother was actually born in Salisbury and met up with her father during the Overseas War, and after hearing about recent events, she quickly came to me to request this entire idea, so you may as well thank her more than me. She will be arriving with the rest of her accomplices to attend the UZACOM in helping reconstruction and rehabilitation efforts. She would be representing Portugal and you may communicate to her for any request."

J.Hyde

J.Hyde

Apprentice
Jul 31, 2020
Strix

"Thank you." Trevor said. "Until the end of days, thank you. There have been so many countries willing to help us for free, even though they have no real ties with Zimbabwe. I don't how we will ever be able to repay the generosity Zimbabwe has been given."

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"Don't worry about it, Mr. Hawkins. Take this as a necessity for the future of Zimbabwe. After hearing about the total collapse, we couldn't just stand there and watch. We have done similar offers during the Belgian protests, and the large tsunami last year, although we couldn't set foot on hostile grounds in the middle east just yet. Don't think about repaying what Portugal has given you as a gift, simply focus on rebuilding Zimbabwe back to her former glory... Is there anything else, Mr. Hawkins?"

J.Hyde

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II