STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[POR] Security and Intelligence

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019

It was almost midnight. People had just finished their late-night drinking, and traffic was almost nonexistent. The moon shines down on the empty asphalt canals of Braga, with only the yellow streetlights occupying the empty roads. Time seems to be slow, ever so ticking silently. A couple of news papers were tossed around by a few passing cars, eventually landing near the sidewalks. An article reads;

"With the events that started almost four years ago"

A man walks out of the local grocery store, still in business attire. He grabbed 2 cigars and a small bottle of whisky. He then hailed a taxi outside and paid for the ride home. The man walks down the empty sidewalks, passing a few homeless people, asking for spare change. He then turns to his apartment. He grabs for his keys as he puts down the black briefcase. The sounds of the keys notably contrasted the silent humming of crickets, and the door's locks finally gave in. He went inside and closed the door behind him. Before he could lock it however, a nearby radio was detailing the midnight program.

"The Royal Assembly has drafted and put forth a recommendation."

He yet again opened another door, "Room 263," he muttered, and entered the dirty room. The room was dark, except for the television screen that lit up a few meters from it. Clothes were everywhere and the television was still streaming RTP 2, where the late-night news had just come in. He sat down the worn-down couch, opened the briefcase he was carrying and spread out a couple of papers in the coffee table in front of him. Some were stamped with red ink, others censored with black bars.

"We have decided to put forth a special ministry..."

He lit up a cigar, and let out a puff of smoke. He then grabbed a bottle of whisky and poured it over the empty shot glass near him. He then grabbed a manila folder, labelled: "For Minister Reynaldo Ventura," He opened it, and let out a big sigh of relief. He stood up and opened the curtains, revealing a slimmer of moonlight. Carrying his shot of whisky with him.

"Those bastards would finally repay what they did to my son."

He puffed out the last of his cigar and put it on top of the window sill, and finally drank his whisky. He was victorious, and in bliss as the day had finally ended. The man was Reynaldo Ventura, the newly appointed minister of...

"The Ministry of Security and Intelligence."

The program was cut short as Reynaldo turned it off. He then plugged in the nearby standing lamp and grabbed his favorite type writer. He set it over the coffee table and began typing away a document, detailing the Ministry's requests, from facilities to members, to special authority. He hadn't finished writing the Introduction until the telephone buzzed. He was surprised that someone was still looking for him at the middle of the night.

"Hello?"

"Reynaldo, I've heard you got the job... Congratulations!"

"Who's this?"

"It's me, Vicente Daniel, your long time friend?"

He stopped for a moment, gathering his senses, before talking again.

"Ah yes, Vicente, how could I forget? Weren't you also appointed as deputy minister?"

A chuckle was heard on the other line of the phone,

"Sadly, I lost to Gouveia, darn bastard showed his fancy documents ahead of time."

"What can I do for you Vicente?"

"I'd just like to celebrate your... victory that's all."

"You're fucking drunk aren't you?"

Silence was heard at the other line, and Reynaldo was about to end the call.

"HEY? What do you expect? I lost to Gouveia for goodness' sake!"

Reynaldo chuckled and wished Vicente good night. He then called a number that was written on a piece of paper right beside the phone. Hoping that someone would pick up he started thinking about the serious structuring that he has to do as Minister. The phone line failed to connect. He tried again, but still nothing. He then looked at the crucifix, and tried to call the number again. Someone answered.

"Hello, Edmundo?"

"Sir? Sorry for not picking up earlier, the Assembly had just dismissed us. I mean, what kind of hectic schedule is this? Can't even have time fo-"

"Edmundo, I need you to inform the others that the MSI would hold a meeting tomorrow at the proposed temporary headquarters. Have it at around 3 pm. Understood?"

"Ah, of course sir, I'd send them invitations as soon as I can."

"Good, see you tomorrow."

The events in this thread shall be private and unknown to the rest of the world unless specifieid

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019

Two taxi cabs would soon arrive at the palace. With Reynaldo straightening his red tie and Edmundo carrying two briefcases, they would walk out of the first cab. Three more men dressed in suits would exit the 2nd cab. The five men would walk their way to the room that was dedicated for the Ministry's temporary office. They have heard that the Assembly had just finished discussing about a new building, but construction hasn't been started yet.

The five men would see the old wooden door, and enter the dark room inside. It only had a long sleek table and some wooden chairs to complement. Reynaldo would then order Edmundo to unpack the contents within the briefcase and invited the others to sit down. A couple of minutes later, a few other people would soon arrive.

Reynaldo would then see to it that everyone had seated, and started the meeting. He pulled out a couple of files from the opened briefcase, and started handling them out to the people inside the room.

"Make it clear that these are for your eyes only."

He then lit up a cigarette and waited for a few moments before he began their unconventional meeting. He puffed out a whiff of smoke before starting.
"So gentlemen, I'm sorry that I've to call you so soon. The Ministry has been created, God bless the Royal Assembly, yet I need to hear from you. Who would be our agents?

The room was silent, except for the sounds of papers ruffling and pages turning. Sounds of chatter echo the dark walls. Eventually falling back to absolute silence, as Reynaldo's shoes walk across the blue carpet.

"Anyone?"

Reynaldo would walk around the room, looking for someone to answer. He would look around the table as profiles were being discussed with, officials discussing with one another who'd be best suited for the mission stipulated in the report.

"The Ministry's top officials, and not one of you can give me a simple answer."

A young man then closes his file and raised his hand.

"Mr Reynaldo, I believe that the person that I have would suit the job."

Reynaldo would stop and stare at him, seemingly shocked at such an answer. He would then approach him and placed his hands on the man's shoulder.

"And who is it?"

"Dionísio Aurélio, an engineer from the Intervention Brigade. Although he had not seen much action in the army, I believe his skills are necessary, should this mission succeed."

"Very well, you shall be in charge of guiding him in the ministry's first mission. I'm putting you in charge of the SIS."

"Thank you sir."

"Anyone else?"

Discussions would continue as the different officials would hold debates against one another. Eventually, after many hours of arguments, five would be selected. The mission was of utmost importance. To them, it was betting on their life.

"Very well gentlemen, this meeting shall be adjourned. Tomorrow, the same time, bring in the selected candidates..

Aurelio, which shall now be called
'Aurora' from now on.

Ernesto, he shall be called
'Thisbe'

Henrique, 'Asher'

Jaime, 'Egeria'

and Tadeu, 'Lipperta'

Make sure that these men are briefed prior to the meeting. They've got a lot to take in. Make it clear that no one shall know of this, strictly no one. They've been handpicked anyways, so we expect the best from them."

The officials would then stand up, cite the Oath, and would then head on out to contact their respective candidates. Reymundo would stay behind, thinking on whether this was a good idea or not. Nonetheless, he had made plans and things have been set in motion. He is powerless to stop it.

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"Fuck this man, I don't want any of this shit."

"Sit down and remember that you're serving the country. Remember that you were handpicked from only our highest officials."

"I beg your pardon sir, but beforehand, none of us were even informed until a few hours ago."

"And I am sorry for that, it's just that this mission is only of the highest order, something that only people on this room know. This is top priority and I can't risk waiting for the new recruits to come."

The room fell silent. Aurora, Thisbe, Asher, Egeria, and Lipperta had just been debriefed about the important task five hours ago. Now they were called unto the small meeting room, detailing the mission to come. None of them were ready for what's to come, and none of them seem willing to dive down to such a rabbit hole of intertwining tasks.

"I expected more from you few, your documents say you were top notch."

A few minutes later, each was given a small folder with some files inside. After a few questions, they were sent off to carry out the mission. They then made their way to the Building's stockroom, where a few guards were stationed. Reynaldo held up a badge and his ID, and the two guards then let the group in. After a flick of a light switch. rows and rows of boxes were illuminated, the vintage scent overloading their senses.

Reynaldo eventually found the box he was looking for, a big brown box filled with smaller shoe-boxes. He handed a small box to each of the agents.

"What are we trying out shoes now?"

"Shut up and look straight Lipperta."

"Get a room you two."

"These are your official SIS equipment, might look small and of course the place we're in isn't exactly what you call 'extravagant' but it's what we can do. A modified beretta 9mm, a solid Italian choice. 9mm Parrabellum, with an effective firing range of 50 meters. Comes with 2 magazines, and a silencer if you want to have takedowns without anyone noticing."

Each of the agents would open up the box to reveal the contents as described. Each would then conceal their weapons under their attire. The Minister would notice.

"Oh, almost forgot."

Reynaldo would turn around and take another box, this time filled with a black pinstripe suit and necktie. He would hand one to each of the agents.

"Good Lord are we spoiled or not?"

"Your uniforms, once you get out of this building I expect you to wear these and head to the vantage point as discussed. Good luck and God speed. In Hoc Signo Vinces."

The agents would then suit up as ordered, and concealed their weapons underneath their suits. They would head out of the stockroom, and eventually blend in with the daily crowd. They would finally start the first mission of the SIS.

"I still can't believe we're doing this. I mean, what about the-"

"You think to much short-nose."

Jaime scoffs as he continues on walking forward. Henrique stays silent for the entire duration of the walk.

"Hey Asher, cat got your tongue? We are going to work together from now ow, how about letting us hear that beautiful voice of yours?"

"I plan on returning to Faro after this, I don't want to continue."

"That sucks, you sure you don't want to come with?"

"No."

"Sucks to be you I guess, I mean just imagine the mu-"

"Guys look up, find the man that Reynaldo had talked about. We're here."

"About time, Asher and Jaime, you stay here, The rest of you follow me."

A small cafe, filled with people of all walks of life. The three of them continued to enter the establishment, the smell of coffee filling their noses. The bartender takes notice and orders a waiter to tend to their needs. A man with a purple fedora was eying on them, and was quickly drinking his coffee before abruptly exiting. Thisbe takes notice and tails the man. The man walks faster and faster before quickly transitioning to a run.

The race against time had begun.

Last edited: