STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Portugal] Message to Rhodesia

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
PORTUGUESE FEDERAL REPUBLIC
Palácio de Belém , Calçada da Ajuda
1349-022 Lisboa (Portugal)

Subject: Initiating Relations

His Excellency the Prime Minister

It is a joy to inform you that we would like to re-start our relationship, on the foundation that your previous government and our current government built. If it would be possible we would like to start a phone call with your Minister of Foreign Affairs and our Secretary of State, to discuss the future of your relations alongside business proposals and other matters.

Yours faithfully
Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa
President of the Portuguese Federal Republic

@IrgunRevisionist

IrgunRevisionist

Newcomer
Jul 2, 2018
Encrypted and Encoded

To Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, President of the Portuguese Federal Republic

From Stanley Kawari, Prime Minister of Rhodesia

I am most grateful to Portugal and would therefore enjoy the continuation of prior diplomatic relations with said nation uninterrupted and devoid of malice.

Sincerely, Stanley Kawari
Prime Minister of Rhodesia

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Portuguese President would initiate a phone call with the Prime Minister of Rhodesia it would be in a encrypted and private line. He would wait for him to answer, while sipping water and reading through a few documents.

IrgunRevisionist

Newcomer
Jul 2, 2018
The Prime Minister of Rhodesia would encrypted his side of the line and then take a sip of freshly brewed tea.

"Good Afternoon President De Sousa...."

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Good Afternoon! Its good to hear you, how are things going in Rhodesia? Hopefully well?" He would sit back, looking through various documents which he wanted to bring up in the conversation, alongside plans for a possible state visit to Rhodesia and vice versa. He would sit a bit of water to moisten his mouth so that he didn't sound to sharp in his vocal cords.

IrgunRevisionist

Newcomer
Jul 2, 2018
"Well, from the looks of it all I am rather unpopular with the people especially those inhabitating the boder region near Mozambique. Elections for parliament are due to take place the question is will my party be able to secure a majority in parliament long enough to correct the situation."

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"That is excellent! I'll get straight to business, we were quite close to the previous government, even so having given Humanitarian Aid. We want to go a bit further, we have a business proposal, as you know, Rhodesia is a inland Nation, with no acess to the sea, unless by river. Or by land from South Africa or Mozambique. So we would like to propose the following. We would very much like a Trade Agreement with Rhodesia, and a Free Trade Agreement to reduce Tariffs on Portuguese Products. Complemented by building two kinds of infrastructure making the Save River capable of sustaining small commercial vessels, and then connecting it via railroad to the Capital, and in future years it would then be expanded. We already did some research and it appears that the Save River is capable of sustaining some vessels from Mozambique, however half way inside of your nation it becomes harder.

The cost would be supported by us on all fronts, however the infrastructure would be our onwership, to safeguard our interests and to make sure it would continue to serve Rhodesia. We estimate a cost to make the river navigable around 150 Million Dollars, since its already navigable up until a certain point. Then another 55 Million Dollars to build a small sized Commercial Port at a point in the river, and then another 40 Million for the initial Railroad. What is your opinion on this?"

IrgunRevisionist

Newcomer
Jul 2, 2018
"We would be most grateful for such a project as this and would therefore voice our support. In return Parliament will raise the question of eliminate trade barriers between our two nations."

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"This is excellent, also I was informed by my minister of Finance that Rhodesia is suffering a bit of a economic fallout, we could provide you with some Economic Advisers which could help you stabilize your finances, and we could even provide a small loan to lessen the blow on your economy.

Back to the proposal, would it be possible to bring this up in your parliament? If they accept this,we could easy draft a contract which would then be voted in your parliament for approval."

IrgunRevisionist

Newcomer
Jul 2, 2018
"So....I see. Well, seeing as its going to be a while before the market corrects itself as it should why not. Parliament is currently in the process of finding the necessary time for such things. We recently voted to proclaim ourselves a republic however we might remain apart of the commonwealth."

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Oh I didn't know about that, why would Rhodesia want to be part of the commonwealth?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II