STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[PRC] Phone Call to Egypt

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China, Tang Jiaxuan, would use an encrypted and private line to contact his Egyptian counterpart. A notice would be sent forward that this call would be related to the Suez Canal.

@Naio90

Reactions: Cam

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The telephone would ring at the private office of the Egyptian Minister of Foreign Affairs Sadiki Aswad, and the call would be picked up by his private secretary. After checking out and confirming the ID of the incoming call, it would be sirectly passed to the Foreign Minister over an encrypted line. China was still a major ally and strategic partner for the Ara Republic of Egypt, and the minister would put aside what he was currently doing to take this communication.

Aswad would pick up the phone on his encrypted device and speak in plain english:

"Minister Jiaxuan, how are you? Good hearing from you again."

@Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"Hello Minister Aswad! I'm good, how have you been?

I'm sorry to have to cut to the chase, but the Chinese navy currently have six landing platform docks stationed outside of your port city of Berenice Troglodyctica. I am contacting you in the hopes that your government would allow the ships to refuel at this port and to discuss their passage through the Suez Canal?"

@Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Fine thank you. As you know, China is a very important international partner for the Arab Republic of Egypt, sharing multiple aspects. Of course we are more than happy to assist your fleet through the Suez Canal.

For logistical and operational purposes, we have to ask were the fleet is headed and the gross tonnage of the ships. Based on that the Suez Canal operators will be able to calculate the crossing fee. My Ministry will however intervene and lower that number as much as possible, given our interest in continue cooperating with China.

Also, we will clear a dock at the Troglodyctica port for your vessels to refuel and replenish. Thoses expenses are on us.

Do you happen to have that information?"

@Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"I thank you for letting them refuel free of charge, we'll remember this generosity.

From what I can see here, the estimate for the tonnage of the six ships together would be 78,000 tonnes. 12,000 tonnes for each of the three Foudre-classes and 14,000 tonnes for each of the three Rotterdam-classes."

@Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Okay, I talked with our man coordinating the Suez Traffic, I think we can make an exception to the corresponding payment. The egyptian state will absorb them as a courtesy, lije the fuel and replenishment costs. Where is the convoy headed? Once we cleared that information your ships will be contacted by the suez entrance traffic control, after your replenishment at port, and they will be given a slot to mae the crossing.

I hope their mission comes to good end."

@Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"Well... I thank you very much, that is quite generous. We'll make it up to you some way, I'm certain.

I'm sure you have heard of the events currently happening in Belgium... our troops are heading there now with humanitarian supplies to aid the people of Belgium and act as peacekeepers to assure that no more countless lives are lost. We plan on our troops to be there for quite some time but we hope to make a difference.

I will inform the Ministry of National Defense and let them know that the go ahead has been given for the landing platform docks to go ahead with their mission. While I am here, is there anything that I or China can do for you?"

@Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"As a neutral nation we do not usually send troops abroad, even for humanitarian aid, but we applaud nations who to so in acts of true altruism. We hope your aid is well received and wish your sailors good luck in this endevour.

For the moment I think the only thing we would like give a hsot is the possibility of opening a new air route for EgyptAir, to connect Cairo and Beijing. We think that this would contribute to increase bilteral tourism and commerce, by facilitating direct business trips between our capitals. EgyptAir could use a 767-300ER to conduct a non-stop trip between those cities. Later on, we could even expand this to include new destinations."

@Alex

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"Hmm, yes I believe that this could be arranged.

How frequently would these commercial flights happen?"

@Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Well considering the lenght on the route, the turn-around times and the scheduled maintenance routines I would say that we could start by dedicating 3 weekly flights, monday, wednesday and saturday. As said, this would be covered by 1 or 2 of our Boeing 767-300ER with capacity for over 250 passengers divided on 2 classes.

Eventually we could also add a visa requirement reduction to the package, to encourage bilateral traffic even more. And, if it is of your Governments interest, maybe we could sign a codeshare agreement with a chinese national airline to cover domestic flights."

@Alex

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II