STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ROI] Call to Russia

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Seán Barrett, Minister of Defence would call Russia's Minister of Defence on a Secret and Encrypted Line.

"Hello, my name is Seán Barrett, I am the Minister of Defence for Ireland. I'm calling today because I was browsing your Defence Exports catalogue but did not see the T-90 Main Battle Tank for sale. I am very interested in purchasing this product. Ireland is lacking on tanks and would like to purchase some top model Main Battle Tanks. We wish to incorporate these tanks into our Calvary Regiments. If this is something we could do, I'd very much like to."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Secure
Russian Minister of Defence Pavel Grachev would have picked up the phone via secured line and listened.
"The T-90 is top of the line hardware. The reason it is not in our listings is because it is not typically for export. However, this general rule can perhaps be made flexible under the right conditions. Our two nations would have to be close diplomatically and militarily before we could approve such a sale. At the moment, the best tank we can reasonably give you without breaking our set in place rules is the T-72B obr.1990g, which is a fine tank in it's own right."

Drivindeath

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Secure

"Yes, of course. But when you say bulk, what do you mean? At the moment we have 237 T-72B obr.1990g assembled and ready for sale. We will also have to consider ammunition of which we have some options. There is of course the BM-42 APFSDS-T, which is currently our most exported ammunition type. But, it is aged and from the sounds of things... and your location you may need more... penetration? For an extra 10% per vehicle we can offer the newest ammunition types. Such as the M711."

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Well perhaps we could help each other out. I just recieved an email that I was attached to about Russia attempting to build and operate a port here in Ireland. I absolutely support this. The reason I asked for a discount is because Ireland isn't doing the greatest financially due to loans and such, Bruton put us in a tough position. If Russia would be willing to supply some tanks to Ireland at a cheaper price, I feel I could sway the Senate into allowing Russia to have a port. We are interested in buying 200 of the mentioned T-72Bs."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Secure

"Hmm, in exchange for a port if you support this then I can do you one better. We will sell you that 200 T-72B tanks, and throw the 37 in as a bonus. Then, once the port deal goes through, we will allow the sale of the T-90 tank. We will then sell you a license to use the current best ammunition for both platforms. At a discounted price, we have a number of other vehicles I am sure that Ireland can make use of to guard this Celtic Tiger we wish to endorse. We have a large number of T-62MD-1 main battle tanks and T-55MV-1 which if used with our 9M117 atgms have more then enough penetration to deal with what ever threat you may have. Also, the key to a successful army is a mobile army... yes? We are willing to sell you our stockpile of GAZ-63 and GAZ-66 trucks."

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Private/Secure

"Excellent news I will get our proposal drafted and bring it before the Seanad Éireann and call you back after the session."

Minister Barrett would then hang up, and proceed to type up the proposal.

After 3 days the Seanad Éireann would hold a session. After about 2 hours the session came to a close and the votes where final. The proposal then went to Dáil Éireann for review.

Seán Barrett would then call Minister Grachev on a private and secure line.

"Hello, pleasure to speak with you again. The votes are in from the Seanad Éireann, and the proposal was approved. It will now go to the Dáil Éireann for review. If it passes there, I will fax you the final results for any changes you might wish to make. Keep in mind that any changes would result in further review and more voting. I feel the draft I submitted will be appropriate though. Also if everything passes I will begin drafting a Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) for your troops."

HeadlessSeeker

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"I have just received word that the Proposal has passed I will now fax you a copy."

FAXED:
Section I- In accordance with Constitution of Ireland and the Department of Justice this document is legal and unbiased. Any attempts to alter this document without the approval of the Dáil Éireann shall be considered Illegal and Void.

Section II- Subject: The Russian Federation use of a warm water port at the Port of Cork and for Military use at Haulbowline Naval Base.

Section III- Port of Cork:
A) The Port of Cork will give access upon completion the use of Docks 3 and 4 to the Russian Federation.

B) These docks are for Russian access only and no other shipping vessel shall make port there. The docks of 1 and 2 are for Irish vessels only.

C) The remaining 8 ports are open to all other nations of the World.

D) The Russian Federation reserves the right to improve docks 3 and 4 at their own expense and leisure.

E) These docks will remain property of the the Irish Government under the Department of Trade, Tourism and Sport as well as the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation. The Republic of Ireland has the right to revoke docks 3 and 4 from the Russian Federation at any given time.

Section IV- Haulbowline Naval Base:
A) The Haulbowline Naval Base will allow 'Joint' access to the Russian Federation, for the use of Haulbowline Naval Base.

B) All docks at Haulbowline Naval Base are open to Russian Vessels unless otherwise occupied by Irish Vessels.

C) A Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) will be drafted prior to allowing Russian Ships and Russian Personnel to enter Irish waters and soil.

D) Any improvements to Haulbowline Naval Base can be discussed in the SOFA.

D) The Haulbowline Naval Base is sovereign Irish territory and reserves the right to revoke access to the Federation of Russia.

Section V- Procurement of Arms:
A) The Russian Federation will sell the Republic of Ireland various military equipment in exchange for the agreements listed above.

B) List of Russian Arms discussed between the Irish Minister of Defence Seán Barrett and the Russian Minister of Defence Pavel Grachev:

1. (Initial) 200 T-72B tanks (The Russian Federation has agreed to give 37 additional T-72B tanks, at no cost to the Irish Government)
  2. Upon access to the Port of Cork and Haulbowline Naval Base the Russian Federation has agreed to see T-90 tanks to the Republic of Ireland (Not discounted).
  3. The Russian Federation has agreed to sell a license to use the current best ammunition for both T-72 and T-90 platforms (9M117).
  4. T-62MD-1 (Discounted Price).
  5. T-55MV-1 (Discounted Price).
  6. GAZ-63 (Discounted Price).
  7. GAZ-66 trucks (Discounted Price).

C) The Russian Federation reserves the right to revoke this deal at any given time.

Section VI- Closure:
A) A majority vote is required to pass the Proposal of ROI006 to the Dáil Éireann to be reviewed for any legal matters.

B) If passed this Proposal ROI006 shall take effect immediatly.

Signed:

1601145226869.png

Seán Barrett

End of Document

"What do you think?"

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Secure

Russian Minister of Defence Pavel Grachev would have picked up the phone and received the fax.
"This document is agreeable and after having spoken with the administration we can have it fast tracked. One moment, you should be receiving a fax any moment now."

Russian Minister of Defence Pavel Grachev would have signed the document as a co signatory before faxing it to the office of the President where it would also be signed by the President upon his receive of it and if not available the Vice President would sign. The document would then be faxed back to Irish Government.

"There, it is a pleasure doing business with you. Now, on the subject of the T-72B tanks. These are the T-72B obr.1990g, so they are the most modern variant of the tank. A premium vehicle of course. The 200 will be $600,000,000.00 while the rest will be given for free as part of the deal. Now, we have 1,4000 units of the T-62MD-1, 166 units of the T-55MV-1, 2,748 Units of the GAZ-63, and 32 units of the GAZ-68. The T-62MD-1 we will sell you at the discounted price of $720,126.00 wich is 10% lower then the base cost. The T-55MV-1 we will sell at a price of $135,000.00 which is 10% lower then the base cost. The GAZ-63 we are selling at $500.00 per unit and the GAZ-68 we are selling at $1,000.00 per unit. This lineup should be enough to give Ireland a significant armored force and a motorized force."

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Private/Secure
"Fantastic news. Your docks at Cork Port will be finished with construction on the last day of the month (10 Oct.). I'm glad that we could come to this arrangement. Military vessels are welcomed at any point, upon request. We currently have 2 open docks at the naval base right now that can be used by Russia. We are working hard at improving our relations with our Eastern European partners. The representatives from Ukraine have spoken very highly of Russia, and because of that has allowed us to review and approve this proposal.

I have to go over some planning with our Army but I will send the money immediately for the T-72s as agreed upon." Transfer of funds for T-72B Tanks

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Secure

"We have received the funds and will begin transfer of the vehicles as requested. However, where would you like them transported to? Which port/location? We can accommodate any need in regards to this."

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Private/Secure

"You can bring them to the Port of Cork at one of your 2 docks, from there they can be delivered inland."

Papers would be shuffled.

"I will send you a fax of our Status of Forces Agreement as well."

FAX of SOFA

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Secured

Using the three in use Sevmorput-Class Container Vessels the 237 T-72B obr.1990g would be loaded up onto 47 M62 locomotives in massive trains and brought to the port where once at the port of St Petersburg they would be loaded up onto the three ships on pallets and containers being secured safely. With the ships fully crewed and fueled they would depart with a mile between them and follow the path of
KP, KO, JO, IO while sticking to international waters. Their destination was the Irish Port of Cork. The license for the modern ammunition was also faxed.

"I have been informed the ships carrying the T-72s have departed. How is the status of the port?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Ireland would receive all the tanks at the Port of Cork. They would be sent via rail to their designated military installations.

"We have received the tanks. Thanks again. We have 2 docks available for commercial use at the Port of Cork, we also have 4 additional docks at our Naval Base just outside of Cork. If you wish to send any military to Ireland you may do so, We only require a list of how many personnel and what equipment."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Secured

"We wish to position the 61st Naval Infantry Brigade there accompanied by the White Sea Task Force which will go from their base to Cork in a patrol fashion. As well as occasionally visit with one of our Carrier task forces."

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Private/Secure

"We will do our best to accommodate all the vessels. We currently only have 4 docks available at the Haulbowline Naval Base. As far as the 61st Naval Infantry Brigade, we have more than enough accommodations for their stay. In accordance with our SOFA they may stay on base at the barracks free of charge, or live off base at the expense of your government. All weapons must remain on the base, however they are free to travel Ireland as the please. We welcome your armed forces and hope they will feel at home."

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Secured

"Thank you very much. Though how large are the docks at the base? We dont want to have anything running aground of course. Also, word down from the grape vine has it that Ireland and Britain are in talks about Northern Ireland?"

Drivindeath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa