STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ROI] Call to Zimbabwe

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Republic of Ireland representative, Dick Spring| Minister of Foreign Affairs calls the Zimbabwe Foreign Affairs Office on a secure and encrypted line.

"Hello, this is Dick Spring, Minister of Foreign Affairs with the Republic of Ireland. We are attempting to establish diplomatic relations with the nations of the world and would like to establish and Embassy with your nation as well as set Zimbabwe up with an Embassy in Dublin."

Mr. Spring pauses to hear a response.

J.Hyde

J.Hyde

Apprentice
Jul 31, 2020
Drivindeath

Due to the Zimbabwe Foreign Ministry having dissolved in the aftermath of Mugabe's removal from power, the call ended up being taken by Trevor Hawkins, the chairman of The Provisional Executive Council of Zimbabwe, in the former parliament building.

"Good day, sir. My name is Trevor Hawkins. I am the chairman of The Provisional Executive Council of Zimbabwe. We are a small body of four people that represent Zimbabwe on the international stage during the transition from Mugabe's oppressive regime to a democratic society. At this time, it is impossible for diplomatic relations to be established, because there isn't a proper government to have relations with. In fact, it is possible that there won't be a country to establish a government for within a few weeks if help doesn't arrive soon.

You see, Mugabe's removal from power has caused a total collapse of almost everything within the country. The state-owned companies that controlled or supplied television, telephones, radio, internet, water, electricity and water, are, or have, ground to a halt. I have been informed by TelOne and Telecel that service of telecommunications will cease by the end of the week. Electricity for the entire country has ceased, with a few exceptions for those equipped with their own backup generators, however we are running out of petrol and diesel to run them.

Our power plants are old, under-maintained, and have been abandoned by ZESA, the state-owned electric supply authority. The contracts with our neighbours to supply the power Zimbabwe needed, because the ZESA plants never could generate enough power, have stopped. Water supplies have disintegrated, and food isn't being delivered to the cities. People are going to die of thirst, starvation, and disease, because everything that was made by Mugabe has collapsed, because it was all based on corruption and nepotism. The patron that gave so many people positions of power has gone, and they have fled to save themselves.

The people were already struggling with water and food at the best of times under Mugabe. This impending crisis will be infinitely worse and deadly."

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Mr. Spring listens to Mr. Hawkins speak and is in shock due to the situation he just heard.

"You have our sympathies. I will talk with the Ministry here in Dublin to see what Ireland can do to aid Zimbabwe's situation. I can not promise anything as of yet but purhaps I can pursuade the Ministry to provide our Peacekeeping force as well as food and water."

Mr. Spring pauses briefly before continuing.

"Please try to stay in contact with us as long as possible. I'm sure we can provide some sort of aid to your nation."

J.Hyde

Apprentice
Jul 31, 2020
Drivindeath

"Thank you, sir," Trevor said gratefully. "We've been asking everyone we can get in touch with for help. Zimbabwe is dying, and needs to be rebuilt from scratch. Harare alone possesses over a million lives, and water and food supplies are running low. There is so much that needs to be done, and the executive council is just four people. We can't do this alone. So, thank you... From the bottom of my heart, thank you for any form of help you can give us. The least you can do is ask your allies and other nations for help. Very soon, the council won't be able to speak to others on the international stage due to the ceasing of telecommunications and internet services. We won't be able to ask for help ourselves anymore. We'll need others to ask for help on our behalf."

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"I was able to speak to the members of the Ministry and I have some good news." Mr. Spring says in a somewhat cheery voice.

"If it is acceptable with your government we will dispatch part of our Air Corps. We can send 2 CASA CN235-100P's, loaded with Food and Water. We can also dispatch 1 Learjet45 loaded with 20 members of our Police Force. This Learjet45 will be for transporting our Police to your country for you and your fellow government officials protection. In any unfortunate event that you and your fellow government officials need to leave Zimbabwe, we can transport all of you with our police forces out of Zimbabwe. We will be more than happy to accommodate you and your fellow government officials here in Dublin and set up a government here until it is safe to return home." Mr. Spring says in a stern yet hopeful tone.

"If this is acceptable we will get everything situated and ready for operation."

J.Hyde

J.Hyde

Apprentice
Jul 31, 2020
Drivindeath

"At the present moment, we have Argentinian troops securing Mugabe International Airport, and the parliament building. So, the provisional council is secure for now. What really matters to us though is getting food and water to the people. We have around 13 million mouths to feed, and no food to give. Couple that with water, and you can understand that not even the bare basics are being supplied. It's taking time to get support into the country, and it's time that we just don't have."

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"We will mobilize 5 of our CASA CN235-100P from our Air Corps. They will be loaded with Food, Water, and Pharmaceuticals. As soon as we have the logistics worked out we will let you know."

J.Hyde

J.Hyde

Apprentice
Jul 31, 2020
Drivindeath

"My advice would be for you to contact the Zaire government. They have agreed to permit the usage of their country as a transit point between the rest of the world and Zimbabwe due to us being land-locked. Zaire has ports and an international airport at their southern-most tip that is around two hours flying time from Mugabe International. That should be of great assistance to your endeavours to help us."

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Absolutely we are awaiting a message from Zaire before we fully mobilize. We will contact you when our relief endeavor is ready."

J.Hyde

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa